Super Bowl LVII lead up: Chiefs vs Eagles February 12, 2023

VaBeach_Eagle

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

They scored 23 points agains the Bengals defense. Look I’m not trying to say they’re not good, but really these teams should be afraid of the Eagles. You mentioned Mahomes being healthy, but the entire Eagles starting lineup from week one will be playing in this game. Can the Chiefs say that? 

Think it's more logical to go based off of the games KC have played while Mahomes was not playing on an injured leg rather than one where he was playing injured, that's like taking Hurts run game out of the picture and saying that the Eagles aren't that impressive because they didn't score that many points. 

22 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

Need to see this one more time this season.

4704536A-FED4-496C-858B-AD2F89FD593A.jpeg

Can't wait for the Gatorade color bets

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

Dude was straight up balling his eyes out, I laughed at first but, he was sitting there still after the game was well over then I felt bad for him. 

He’s probably going to take this one on himself, but Burrow taking that killer sack did not help. That’s why I’m kind of laughing at people scared of him. Burrow can’t light us up if doesn’t have time. How many times in double coverage in this game did we see defenders basically watch the guy catch the ball? 😂

We get the Chiefs. I love this! I still love Andy Reid. I'm so looking forward to this matchup. I think we can win this :Eagle_smiley:

4 minutes ago, EazyEaglez said:

By the way I’m not so sure he’s going to be fully healthy considering he has a high ankle sprain. 

Sure, he’s not gonna be 100%, but he’ll be moving better than this game. No matter. We’ll take him down regardless. They’re just two guys against the best D line in the history of the NFL and a secondary that just needs to focus on taking away their TE. Scandling, JuJu, Toney …… ain’t nothing - Nothing!!

Go Birds!!!

1 minute ago, EazyEaglez said:

He’s probably going to take this one on himself, but Burrow taking that killer sack did not help.

Burrow clearly wasn't getting time and they still kept dialing up the long ball. Bad play calling imo

Just now, Bwestbrook36 said:

Burrow clearly wasn't getting time and they still kept dialing up the long ball. Bad play calling imo

I do kind of feel like the Bengals were getting some bad calls against them too. 

I don’t really have a lot of ill will towards AR, but I do so want to see his team demolished by the Eagles. 

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

If you talk like the Bengals talked this week you better win the game.

They need a better D to back up their O. They did own the Chiefs for two years though. 

I'm sure some Eagles fans will have mixed emotions because the Eagles will be facing the man IMO responsible for building much of the foundation of the Eagles franchise that is still there more than a decade after he left. 

How satisfying will it be for the Eagles to win a Super Bowl against Andy if it happens?

Just now, EazyEaglez said:

I don’t really have a lot of ill will towards AR, but I do so want to see his team demolished by the Eagles. 

He was a great coach and he put us on the map for many years, but his time management in the 2004 SB deserves retribution. His arse needs to be kicked for that. 

Chiefs won but they definitely paid a high price. it'll be a good game but i gotta say we have the advantage with the lack of injuries compared to them

Just now, EmeraldArcher7154 said:

Chiefs won but they definitely paid a high price. it'll be a good game but i gotta say we have the advantage with the lack of injuries compared to them

I can’t see how the best D in the history of the NFC loses this game. D wins championships and the Chiefs are gonna find that out in two weeks. 

The point spread opened at Eagles -1.5, immediately changed to Eagles -2. I actually like it better when they’re underdogs.

Super Bowl LVII has become a "Philly Thing".

Thank you to:

Jeffrey Lurie - For being among the best owners in the league since he purchased the franchise from the Philly fan hating owner Norman Braman.  (The guy who called Eagles fans "disgusting" and built a jail in the stadium to lock them up.  He let Hall of Famer - Reggie White walk (among countless others) because he refused to spend money.)  The list goes on - and the only reason I'm posting Braman's resume is so that younger fans realize what it was like before Jeffrey Lurie bought the team.

Howie Roseman - Among the best GM's in the NFL.  Frequently criticized by haters.  Previously forced into a closet office when Chip Kelly demanded player/personnel control.  Came back afterwards and rebuilt the team that won the Super Bowl in 2017.  Criticized again after the team missed the playoffs ONCE in 5 years.  "He can't draft, he can't get free agents, the cap is a mess, etc etc"   And yet, within a few years, he PROVED all his naysayers wrong and built the best roster in the NFL THIS YEAR.  And once again, the Eagles are in the Super Bowl.

Nick Sirianni - Young, determined coach who had big shoes to fill.  He was hired after the Eagles let go of Super Bowl winning coach Doug Pederson.  Most fans had a "jury is still out opinion" during his first year.  What did he do?  He embraced Philadelphia - all the culture and history - and he became one of us.  And has led this team to its BEST RECORD IN FRANCHISE HISTORY AND THE SUPER BOWL

Jeff Stoutland - rarely mentioned, rarely given credit.  Stoutland is the best offensive line coach in the NFL - bar none.  He has continously put out among the best offensive lines in the NFL.  One of his greatest accomplishments is turning a 7th round pick, rugby player (who never played a snap of football, let alone the NFL) into one of the best LT in the NFL.  Never has anything of the sort happened before. 

Shane Steichen and Jonathan Gannon (Offensive and Defensive Coordinators) - Both of them have been criticized by fans, media etc AND YET they both developed and produced among the top offenses and defenses in the entire NFL - leading the team to a Super Bowl.  Both have been highly recruited for head coaching positions because of their performance here.

All of the position coaches who helped develop the younger players and veterans into a Super Bowl worthy team!

Jalen Hurts - Benched at Alabama.  Came back while after being benched and help Alabama win a championship.  Left Alabama and went to Oklahoma, passed for 3851 yards, 32 TD's, rushed for 1298 yards and 20 TD's.  52 combined touchdowns his senior year but scouts still doubted his abilities, making every NFL team pass on him in the first round of the draft.  When the Eagles picked him in the 2nd round, many Eagles fans blasted the pick.  Despite all the drama, he stayed focused, came in and beat the best defense in the league during his first NFL start.  Became a starter in his 2nd year, leading the previously 4 win team to a playoff birth.  Yet some people still criticized him, calling him a "running back playing QB" etc.  He still stayed focused and came back this season proving his naysayers wrong, becoming an MVP candidate and leading this team to a 14-3 record, division win, top seed and now a Super Bowl appearance.  What a story!

AJ Brown and Devonta Smith AKA "Swole Batman and Skinny Batman".  AJ Brown came into Philly and broke the all time Eagles WR receiving yards record.  Devonta comes in his second year and breaks the all time Eagles WR catch record.  What else is there to say?  Batmen indeed! 

The entire offensive line with special mentions to Jason Kelce and Lane Johnson.  Among the best (likely the best) offensive lines in the NFL led by future HOF Center Jason Kelce and All Pro (finally getting the respect he deserves) Lane Johnson.

All of the offensive players, including but not limited to 1200+ yard rusher Miles Sanders, Gainwell, Scott and Dallas (Future All Pro Tight End) Goedert.

The entire defensive line with a record breaking season by Haason Reddick 19.5 SACKS AND COUNTING.  Come back player of the year - Brandon Graham 12 sacks and counting - Josh Sweat - 12.5 sacks and counting - Fletcher Cox - 7 sacks and counting - Javon Hargrave - 12 sacks and counting.  The monster run stoppers - Suh, Joseph, Williams and Davis.

The Secondary led by perennial pro-bowl CB Darius Slay with pro bowl CB Bradberry on the other side and Avonte Maddox closing up the slot. CJ Gardner Johnson who led the league in interceptions at safety and hard hitting Marcus Epps among the team's leaders in tackles - and young and up and coming safety Reed Blankenship.

The (from) worst to first Linebacking crew led by TJ Edwards and Kyzir Johnson

All of the special teams with special mention to our "ice in his vains kicker" Jake Elliott

And to our 12th man - ALL OF THE EAGLES FANS THAT SUPPORTED THIS TEAM AND BELIEVED IN THIS TEAM!!!

Proud of this team, organization and all Eagles fans worldwide!!!

Eagles Rallying Behind 'It's a Philly Thing' Hoodies – NBC10 Philadelphia

Super Bowl HERE WE COME!!!

No I don’t like his name first on your thread and I have no mixed emotions here. I want to see his team get destroyed. 

4 minutes ago, jwmiii said:

The point spread opened at Eagles -1.5, immediately changed to Eagles -2. I actually like it better when they’re underdogs.

Was just about to post that.

That was quick 🤔

3 minutes ago, Southparkeagles said:

I can’t see how the best D in the history of the NFC loses this game. D wins championships and the Chiefs are gonna find that out in two weeks. 

mahomes is not to be underestimated. the bengals just found that out. both teams looked like garbage but you can't count the chiefs out. 

Archived