DCU Thread

BFit

I keep hearing that Snyder has a JL2 story in the works if his 4 part directors cut on hbomax is a hit. The best thing that could happen is a reoccurring JL miniseries on hbomax. 

1 hour ago, Mike030270 said:

Apparently they are spending a lot of money on the JL cut

let me find the tweet...

I don't really get it.  Not a single moment of JL is good.  How will the "Snyder cut" turn garbage into all of a sudden a great movie, by editing it differently and adding some deleted scenes?  Using different special effects filters?

It was a bad movie and they need to take the L and move on.

3 minutes ago, NOTW said:

I don't really get it.  Not a single moment of JL is good.  How will the "Snyder cut" turn garbage into all of a sudden a great movie, by editing it differently and adding some deleted scenes?  Using different special effects filters?

Apparently the JL movie only used 10% of the Snyder cut

Also Snyder added about 4 or 5 minutes of new footage for this 4 hour movie

17 minutes ago, NOTW said:

IT WAS A GREAT MOVIE FAKE REVIEWS 

#NOT ALL THE REVIEWS COUNTED

#WHO WAS LONE VIEWER ON THE GRASSY KNOLL

#GET NIXON TO RELEASE THE FULL TAPES

15 hours ago, NOTW said:

Yeah, JL was reshot so much it was effectively a different movie than what was originally shot. 

like 90% of JL was a reshoot. 

19 hours ago, NOTW said:

The guy that played cyborg has said that entire storylines got cut. The Snyder version is apparently a completely different movie

7 hours ago, The_Omega said:

I’m holding out for Back to the Future - The Eric Stoltz Cut.

that'd be some kind of wonderful

• Like 2

6 hours ago, wholesale_Melvin said:

that'd be some kind of wonderful

Like a cross between Rocky, and Dennis the Menace.

14 hours ago, Bill said:

Yeah, JL was reshot so much it was effectively a different movie than what was originally shot. 

like 90% of JL was a reshoot. 

10 hours ago, BFit said:

The guy that played cyborg has said that entire storylines got cut. The Snyder version is apparently a completely different movie

Ok.  I knew Whedon took over and had to shoot scenes his way.  I didn't know 90% of the movie was reshoots that's...a lot.

The trailer posted doesn't look much different but I guess it's a teaser.  Still looks like a lot of things are the same.  🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, NOTW said:

Ok.  I knew Whedon took over and had to shoot scenes his way.  I didn't know 90% of the movie was reshoots that's...a lot.

The trailer posted doesn't look much different but I guess it's a teaser.  Still looks like a lot of things are the same.  🤷‍♂️

Yeah you could tell because in every single scene Affleck looked out of shape as hell. Actors in super hero movies spend months getting into perfect shape going so far as to dehydrate themselves so their physique looks peak. Looking at him in BvS and JL is night and day. 

WB panicked and tried to do the Marvel thing without realizing their IP has a different tone than Marvel. 

On 11/18/2020 at 7:03 PM, Bill said:

Yeah you could tell because in every single scene Affleck looked out of shape as hell. Actors in super hero movies spend months getting into perfect shape going so far as to dehydrate themselves so their physique looks peak. Looking at him in BvS and JL is night and day. 

WB panicked and tried to do the Marvel thing without realizing their IP has a different tone than Marvel. 

Yup.  Tried to do too much too soon in feeling they had to keep up with Marvel.  Stupid.  They should have stayed the course and kept with the individual DC superhero films before going to JL.  Don't compete with Marvel, but do your own thing and try to do it right.  They are playing follow the leader and now always will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

WW84 getting terrible reviews. Bad writing, terrible plot holes, bad special effects, bad ending, apparently it was "weird" and "experimental?"

68% from critics and 76% from audience on RT so far

6.6 from IMDb

I'll just copy what I put in the HBO Max thread

Spoiler

I'm cool with her flying but why didn't she in the other movies when this was supposed to be a prequel in a way. She also did a lot more with her lasso in this one than the others. I couldn't see why the first part was added. Didn't seem to go with any of the movie IMO.

So how is that all explained? The world just has a moment of "Ok that just happened but let's move on and never speak of it again"? None of the other movies have made mention of this event.

Thought the invisible jet was cool. Didn't believe a jet at a museum would have fuel. Definitely didn't believe it would have enough fuel to get across the world. The jet flying through the fireworks wouldn't happen either but it was cool so I ignored it lol

The lasso lightening scene was pretty cool. Another that would have been nice to have more of

I thought the Amazonians kept going in and out of an accent which bothered me

Loved the golden armor. Reminded me of Valkyries. Wish there was more scenes of that

Not sure about the actual way she transformed. She never said cheetah. She said she wanted to be an apex predator. She looked great though. Especially when she was in that dress(and I'm not much of a fan of hers)

Was kind of hoping another god would be in this one. Like the one that made the stone or something.

Gal of course looked sexy and dropdead gorgeous throughout. Just wow. Even looks sexy when she gets her ass kicked.

After re-watching it again I still thought it was good. Definitely not as good as the first but it's hard to top that one. WW was one of the best comic book movies ever IMO

Curious as hell now if the things we saw in this movie are going to be in the new Justice League movie

Meh the ridiculous plot and storylines were just way too much to overcome for me.   Decent acting.  Gal is a goddess.  But overall pretty bad. Not quite "Africa remix by Pitbull in Aquaman" bad, or "Jared Leto as the Joker" bad, but still...bad.  

Havent watched WW yet, but let me guess, all the males are creepy low-lifes. All the women are portrayed as the victims to said low-lifes?