***official*** hip-hop thread - RIP DMX & Shock G

mr_hunt

1 hour ago, DBW said:

Yeah I said similar things earlier to some friends - a lot of celebs saying what a great person and how sad and yadda yadda. Not to be cold, but the dude got arrested for tax evasion, animal cruelty, gun and drug possession, to name a few.  Let’s stop putting "celebs” on pedestals.  

Agreed and like I said great rapper and I've been to his shows too ( scumbag there too by the way)

Not cold at all, he was not a good guy at all. 

19 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I was there 

Were you in the mosh pit or crowd surfing?

On 4/10/2021 at 8:13 PM, iladelphxx said:

I was there 

I was illegally pirating back when you could steam premium channels and steal pay per view on cable boxes :roll: 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

and now shock g/humpty hump from digital underground has passed. damn. i always looked forward to their albums back in the day. :sad:   

5 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

and now shock g/humpty hump from digital underground has passed. damn. i always looked forward to their albums back in the day. :sad:   

Weirdly enough I started watching season 3 of Hip Hop Evolution on Netflix the other night. The first ep focused on the East/West rivalry and Tupac in particular. They interviewed Shock G in the ep since he had the relationship with him. When they asked about Pac's death he gets really emotional. A couple days later and now he is gone :sad:

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, mr_hunt said:

great song...pos movie. 

You take that back!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

kangol kid from utfo passed away. :sad:  

i know that sentence sounds like a foreign language to most of the trapped in the 80's hair rock fans in this place...but maybe some of you remember the hip hop classic "roxanne, roxanne"...well, that was utfo. 

RIP kangol kid 

Forgot about this thread. I went to a Rick Ross, 2 Chainz, and Young Jeezy concert a few weeks ago. Mainly for the last two. It was enjoyable. 

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

a bunch of our tailgate crew is going including my 15yr old. 

Taking your kid, sounds like an opportunity to fight a blogger to me.

well, the show was awesome minus a couple mic issues. no real headliner, they mixed it up while doing some crossover songs. busta rhymes got some time in the middle and was excellent. 

gotta say, i love wu-tang, but damn, nas is an absolute GOAT !

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Alpha_TATEr said:

well, the show was awesome minus a couple mic issues. no real headliner, they mixed it up while doing some crossover songs. busta rhymes got some time in the middle and was excellent. 

gotta say, i love wu-tang, but damn, nas is an absolute GOAT !

I was excited about till they said method man won't be touring with them. How was it without him? Also was odbs kid there? He just like his dad in style and mannerisms 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was excited about till they said method man won't be touring with them. How was it without him? Also was odbs kid there? He just like his dad in style and mannerisms 

yeah, no method was a letdown, but the rest of the clan held their own, and yes, odb's kid (YDB) is just like the old man. he was rockin a nice white sixers sweat suit. 

• Like 1