20dawk4life

Post Political Pics Here

5 minutes ago, MidMoFo said:

I agree with everything you posted, and that no one is "self made”.

So if nobody is self made why single out 4 people in a meme?

1 minute ago, Boogyman said:

So if nobody is self made why single out 4 people in a meme?

I just saw it on Facebook and thought I’d post it in here.

Do you guys need me to take it down?

1 minute ago, MidMoFo said:

I just saw it on Facebook and thought I’d post it in here.

Do you guys need me to take it down?

Nahhh I was just asking a question. Did my question hurt your feelings?

4 minutes ago, Boogyman said:

Nahhh I was just asking a question. Did my question hurt your feelings?

Not at all. I don’t even dislike the 4 guys in the meme. Good for them and their success!!!

3 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

I agree with everything you posted, and that no one is "self made”.

Now do Larry Ellison and Steve Jobs. 

Wasn't sure where to put this, but since she only makes news when she's bloviating about politics...

image.thumb.png.337e9ab38fb254b7c0dee0867db9a4b2.png

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

Lol… both CO-FOUNDERS of extremely successful companies.

3 hours ago, iladelphxx said:

I also find it funny you’re going with a bunch of IT guys who 100% worked together on some items while competing on others.

Didnt Bill Gates invest in Apple to keep Steve Jobs from going bankrupt?

On 12/12/2021 at 8:05 AM, JohnSnowsHair said:

Ok this is misleading.

To start with, if any of them were bad at what they set out to do they would not have been billionaires. For certain with every billionaire you can point to luck as being a necessary component to their success, but it's only one of a number of traits needed.

For certain Gates was born to a family of means, but the guy was also a very gutsy and talented software engineer. He was given an opportunity, and he made himself a billionaire. That's uncommon.

Bezos was most definitely not born rich. His mother was 17 when he was born, was raised by an adoptive father who was a Cuban immigrant. Bezos himself worked at McDonald's at one point. He was also valedictorian, went to Princeton on a scholarship graduating with a 4.2 GPA, and had a successful young career before his parents agreed to empty their savings for him to start Amazon. It was a tremendous risk that worked because Bezos recognized the opportunity and timing with the internet.

Buffet's father was a respected congressman, but respected because he was super libertarian and stuck to his principles. He did well enough with his investment company but it was a tiny firm in Omaha before Warren made it cool to be an investor in Nebraska. Warren made his billions through pluck, patience, and fortitude.

Elon's father was an engineer. And he owned a few shares in an emerald mine. Elon has also been estranged from his father for 40 years, and his father did nothing to support him. 

Every billionaire has a "right place right time" element to their path to a billion. But getting to a billion is incredibly difficult regardless. Lots of upper class kids have "right place right time" moments in their life that pass by them, either because they don't recognize it or because they lack the requisite traits to take advantage. 

Of the above, the most hated - Bezos - is the closest to rags to riches. Born to a teen mom, who split from his biological father to ultimately marry a Cuban immigrant whose name Jeff took, he grew up middle class before earning his way to Princeton.

What I took out of the implication behind the message was that it was a retort to the anger spewed by the right when Obama suggested that wealthy & successful people had help along the way to get to where they are. I didn’t create the meme/commentary or post it though. 

• Like 1

On 12/12/2021 at 7:05 AM, JohnSnowsHair said:

Ok this is misleading.

To start with, if any of them were bad at what they set out to do they would not have been billionaires. For certain with every billionaire you can point to luck as being a necessary component to their success, but it's only one of a number of traits needed.

For certain Gates was born to a family of means, but the guy was also a very gutsy and talented software engineer. He was given an opportunity, and he made himself a billionaire. That's uncommon.

Bezos was most definitely not born rich. His mother was 17 when he was born, was raised by an adoptive father who was a Cuban immigrant. Bezos himself worked at McDonald's at one point. He was also valedictorian, went to Princeton on a scholarship graduating with a 4.2 GPA, and had a successful young career before his parents agreed to empty their savings for him to start Amazon. It was a tremendous risk that worked because Bezos recognized the opportunity and timing with the internet.

Buffet's father was a respected congressman, but respected because he was super libertarian and stuck to his principles. He did well enough with his investment company but it was a tiny firm in Omaha before Warren made it cool to be an investor in Nebraska. Warren made his billions through pluck, patience, and fortitude.

Elon's father was an engineer. And he owned a few shares in an emerald mine. Elon has also been estranged from his father for 40 years, and his father did nothing to support him. 

Every billionaire has a "right place right time" element to their path to a billion. But getting to a billion is incredibly difficult regardless. Lots of upper class kids have "right place right time" moments in their life that pass by them, either because they don't recognize it or because they lack the requisite traits to take advantage. 

Of the above, the most hated - Bezos - is the closest to rags to riches. Born to a teen mom, who split from his biological father to ultimately marry a Cuban immigrant whose name Jeff took, he grew up middle class before earning his way to Princeton.

Screenshot_20210614-164759_Instagram.jpg

• Haha 6