Moderation transparency

Moderator6

You asked for it, here you go.  A series of posts, long reads, long time coming.  I'll do my best to engage and dialogue here as best I can. My Tuesday is rather busy with work meetings. I'm sure this will generate some attention and I will do my best to reply to things when I can. 

Note: the harsh tone of some of this is reaction to a small group of people ruining the board experience for others. I believe that after some recent bans, the forum will be more enjoyable and we won't have to do this kind of thing and we can get back to growing the community, enjoying the discussion and friendly trash talking and getting ready for more free agency and draft season and move past all this drama.

General moderation complaints  

As I mentioned in the blog, we’ve been transparent in the forums about decisions, referring to the pinned guidelines and explaining the truth about why people were given warning/suspension/ban.  That hasn’t made a difference because people still claim it’s unfair, it’s not transparent and then just lie about the reasons we gave anyway and keep running with narratives.  There has only been a certain group of posters doing that and most of them have been banned because they continued to rack up warning points being abusive to other posters or mods.  I’ll explain the points system later but no one is banned for 1 offense alone it is an accumulation of points over time (so it takes a lot, that tells you how bad these posters were).

The mods have discussions about how to moderate, bounce decisions off each other and support each other.  Posters would go to VA to complain and ask him to be more involved.  He would share with us the messages he got in pm but not the poster who contacted him, just to convey the general feedback.  He IS concerned about the community and moderation as we all are.  We DO NOT want anyone banned or suspended.  I’ve said this over and over and over again. We know we have a smaller community since leaving the old EMB.  We’ve let so many things go, closed reports without giving warnings, given friendly warnings in the blog to knock it off, etc.  Some posters have gone on for months and months publicly attacking the mods and I’ve watched it and said nothing, no warning points.  Some of you are still here and have received no warning points whatsoever, no pm from me asking you to tone it down, nothing.  Yet I’ve seen your posts calling out the mods and me specifically.  So this idea that there are just 2 power hungry mods running free is absurd.  We let so. many. things. go.  And it’s not just one "side” but I will come back to that later.  

It is tiring and nonsense to deal with just a handful of people who complain among over 1700 posters.  Like VA, I had some personal stuff going on and wasn’t going to be around for a while.  Leading up to the Super Bowl I wanted to enjoy the game but wasn’t able to be on the EMB much.  We talked about adding more mods to help out and give you guys what you want, more mods so you can stop complaining that just 2 mods are "running free” or whatever.  We added Mod 4 who helped step in and moderate while I was busy with personal stuff for a while.  We reached out to others to see if they’d be interested.  Long time posters that aren’t in the blog and are not usually in any drama or controversy.  (FWIW I am not a poster in the blog, I never posted in it until I started moderating and found out how many people report each other and wanted us to moderate the blog).  A couple guys we have talked to about also becoming mods have said they’ll think about it.

But as many of you have said, since the recent toxic people were banned, this place is more peaceful and enjoyable.  More posters are coming back to the blog and posting who haven’t in a while.  
There have been almost no reported posts for weeks.  

The problem isn’t mods, mods being anonymous, unfair moderation, needing more mods, etc.  It’s the few complainers who bully others and then whine endlessly about the mods.  It’s always the same few guys and no one else complains, in fact they show support.

• Like 9

Mods "allow” certain things

I’ve said this repeatedly but you guys don’t listen.  We DO NOT read every forum, every post. We do not "allow” something just because it’s posted.  Especially the blog that moves very fast.  Someone will post "the mods are allowing that” and suggest we’re hypocrites.  Even like minutes after it’s posted, assuming we are watching every post and living in the blog like you do. We don’t see it!  That’s why there is a report function.  

And some of you who say you don’t use the report function because you think it’s snitching, we see the reports from you!  Or they would send us pm’s being pushy and demanding we give warnings/suspensions or bans for the posters that they don’t like.  These guys are lying in the forums and total hypocrites.  

You can use the report function, pm us or tag us if you need to call attention to a post I don’t care which way but we likely won’t see it unless you tell us in some way.

I will also say that some items are easy to make a quick judgement and others it’s not immediate.  There are times that I need to go through the context and see other posts to figure out what happened.  Other times the mods are discussing it together to get a consensus on how we should handle.  For myself, sometimes I’m getting tagged on things or getting pm’s and my work day is full of meetings so I’ll get to it later.  Then people complain that we’re allowing or ignoring things.  If we moderate, you complain. If we don’t moderate, you complain.  If we moderate but it’s not fast enough, you complain. If we moderate and it’s too fast…you get the idea.  No one is ever happy.

• Like 5

Explaining the points system
Why was one poster banned, but another poster wasn’t banned for the same thing?

Let me explain the points system.  You get points for an infraction and once your account reaches certain point totals, the system automatically takes action.  Points also expire so you have time to get your act together.  It takes a lot to get suspended or banned especially if you don’t take the warning and change your behavior, you’re kind of asking for it.

5 points = 14 day suspension
8 points = 28 day suspension
10 points = banned

So when a bunch of people are involved in an issue and we give warnings to everyone involved, if some posters have prior points so this infraction brings their total up to a suspension but others have less than 5 points that’s why some are suspended and some aren’t.  So you are wrong when you say so and so was suspended for X but others did X and are still here.  Their point totals and accumulation of warnings points for multiple (let me repeat that: multiple) infractions is what got them suspended.

This is why another frequent lie is stupid:  "the race baiters” are allowed to stay but others are banned.  I will have a whole other post about the "race baiter” situation, but people were in fact given warning points for that despite the continued lies about that.

What really happened was:  the banned ones ignored repeated warnings, suspensions and even being banned then brought back and given another chance but blew it while the "race baiters” got warning points and then stopped and never got more warnings since.  And if you just read that and think they have not stopped and are still doing it, see above about us not seeing every post unless you report it or bring it to our attention.

• Like 3

Wanting open discussion and "we didn’t ask for moderation.”

As I said, I’ve posted publicly to explain moderation and decisions and it hasn’t done any good.  You guys still run with lies and incorrect info regardless.  HE you have sent the most ridiculous conspiracy theory rants to me in pm claiming the mods are "puppets” controlled by some faction that you think is against you, they are manipulating us and somehow this faction has secret power over the mods and only one "side’ is getting warned or suspended.  That is false.  

Examples for the transparency you guys are asking for.  I have personally warned RTK numerous times, one of which had him suspended for 2 weeks.  You guys peddle this myth that RTK doesn’t get suspended.  Yet, when he was suspended the same group that claims they don’t want moderation were celebrating he was gone, the same group celebrated when bacarty was suspended and then banned, the same people pm me asking for people they don’t like to be banned.  You guys are hypocrites.  I’ve given warning points for attacking posters and accusing them of being racist (“the race baiters”), people who attacked 4for4 and DUM, just this week I hid a post that was attacking HE because it was out of line and the poster who did it apologized and stopped that behavior (the proper response to a warning).  There are other examples but you get the point (or you don’t, based on recent history).

We’ve had so many reports of the same few a-holes who keep breaking the rules and attacking others.  We let a lot of things go – despite the false narratives you keep saying – but at some point enough is enough and we step in.  We’ve tried friendly warnings in posts in the public forum but not actually giving warning points.  We’ve tried private pm’s to posters to ask to quit it, without giving warning points. We’ve given warning points when it continues hoping that it would stop.  When you refuse to stop and a lot of good posters are complaining we give more warning points.  And when the total points add up to a suspension, we hope that makes you come back 2 weeks later and not break the rules anymore.  When you still refuse to stop and get more warning points and it totals up to a ban, that’s on YOU.  You have to be a real a-hole of a poster to get multiple warnings, suspensions and then a ban.  

Now, some of you will respond to moderation to nitpick every little thing.  Oh, he said a mother joke, or he said "idiot.”  It’s a friggin football message board of course there will be trash talk.  There are guys that post sort of RnR style in TATE because they know each other and they’re just busting balls and having fun.  That NEVER gets a warning.  Some guys are going at it disagreeing about a football topic and if both are contributing, that probably gets no attention.  It’s when one party says hey that’s crossing a line and asks you to stop, and then you repeatedly do it over and over again. You ignore them asking and they report you, now we’re stepping in with warning because you were asked repeatedly to stop.  Or someone followed guidelines and put you on ignore but you had others quote you specifically so they’d see your posts.  Warning points.  You really need to read the pinned guidelines again and use some common sense.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Recently banned posters and complaining about mods publicly

Now this idea that if you complain about the mods you will be banned…I’ve let so much stuff go for months and months while you all whine and complain, lie and spread false info about why people get warnings.  On the old board, the slightest criticism of mods would get warning points.  We let so much stuff go here.

One of the reasons I stepped away for a while was the stupid drama over this.  This is a football discussion board and we thought we’d be more relaxed here than the old EMB.  But the same small group of people kept causing problems for the majority of the community and people wanted rules, wanted people suspended, wanting people banned because they ruin the community and derail topics with their drama.  A lot of long time posters would tell us they stopped posting in the blog because of the problem people, some even asked for their accounts to be deleted.  They ruined the EMB experience for them so bad that they wanted to be gone forever.  The complainers that talk about "longtime posters” getting banned of course did not care about other longtime posters that they were harassing.  Some of you who complain about us and don’t want anyone banned…also said you were happy that some of these respected blog posters quit the board.  Hypocrites.  The agenda was clear and they would throw around terms like "longtime” and "contributor” to hide behind with their toxic behavior, but not care that they ran off other longtime posters and contributors so those excuses are BS.

Some more transparent examples about how mods react to bashing mods publicly.  Toronto was probably the worst poster over many months ripping the mods constantly.  Yet I let it all go and never gave him points or anything. A little while ago, he got more warning points for something else that put his total to 5.  But Mod12 saw that the system would automatically suspend him, so he adjusted it so he could still post.  He did that to be nice and keep him here.  Just like we reinstated 4for4 repeatedly who just kept breaking the rules, bacarty and others.  I’ve done that plenty myself where the point total will make someone suspended so I gave less points or prevented suspension.  When DUM kept getting warnings because he also refused to change, he got to a point where he had 8 points that gave him a 28 day suspension.  He came back and didn’t take long to start drama and fighting again and ended up with another warning.  I lowered the warning from 2 points to 1 because otherwise he would have been banned.  We keep asking you guys to stop and not get yourself suspended or banned. Your choices are your own.  We’ve been very lenient and put up with a lot.

By the way, these banned posters (and some current ones) that are posting on another board, we’ve seen the reaction there.  Their longtime posters (I wonder if they care about longtime posters there or not or only cry about being longtime posters when they get warnings) are surprised by how rude and insulting these guys are. Their mods have already had to give them the same warnings we have, they quickly are bringing the toxic behavior, insults, picking fights, the clique behavior and personal attacks to their new home.  Yes, we’ve seen it.  Yes, we know DUM has said "his people” are here reporting to him what happens here, so for "transparency” we see what they’re doing on their new board and laughing our asses off because it’s the same stuff they did here.

The mods aren’t the problem, they are.

• Like 8

VA’s role

@VaBeach_Eagle saved the EMB and created this place.  The mods support him by keeping him out of moderation and drama, we’ll take care of it.  When certain posters pm him and harass him to beg for their friends to be unbanned or unsuspended, he comes to us to talk about it.  He IS involved in a sense.  He brings concerns to us.  We’ve had long discussions with him about moderation to make sure we are on the same page about the guidelines and approach.  We all agree: we don’t want to suspend or ban people.  We want to grow the community.  We want people to enjoy posting.  But we also have longtime posters who got tired of a few bullies ruining the blog and harassing people and ended up leaving as I mentioned above.  Enough is enough you can’t just let everything go.

VA cares about this site, and discusses issues with us when people continue to go to him despite us asking not to bother him with it.  The recent attacks by Toronto on him for not having time but posting YouTube videos is ridiculous.  He posted an old video he already had it didn’t take "hours” to put together.  He said it well, think of him as an IT guy.  He’s also marketing, trying to attract people to sign up, get revenue and run the technical side of the site.  He spends time replying to concerns, technical issues, etc.

Remember:  people have lives outside the EMB.  He’s dealing with his mother’s health and other things he’s posted about.  That’s more important than your petty EMB drama.  Grow up. The recent attacks on him, his personal email and YouTube channel is absolutely deplorable, sad and pathetic.  The behavior of middle school trolls and these are grown ass 40 year old men.  Pathetic losers.  "His people” can run and tell that to him!

• Like 11

Mods anonymous

Many sites have anonymous mods and the mods here don’t want their personal account bothered by moderation stuff.  The fact that some of you keep hounding mods, the attacks on VA and the YouTube comments have proven that.  How could we possibly post in peace about literally any topic when people go from forum to forum (or personal email, YouTube, etc. and stalk us) to track us down about silly nonsense? 

I’ll give you an example.  DUM would send me multiple pm’s demanding something.  He would monitor when I was online and message me saying he can see I’m online, why am I not responding to something.  He was upset that when a clone of bacarty showed up, that we didn’t allow it. First of all, 12 handles registrations not me.  But DUM wanted this clone to be allowed so he could make fun of him.  Even though it’s against the rules for a suspended or banned poster to create a clone to get around that.  DUM hounded me about it and was stalking to find out when I was online and not.  He stalked a lot of you and reported you, pm’d us about you, pushed for people to get banned.  Imagine the mods not being anonymous and having DUM, 4for4, Toronto and others follow you around and harass you no matter what topic or forum you’re in.  

• Like 6

Requests to delete accounts

We do not like to delete accounts when someone is being emotional and wants to take a break from the board because of drama.  We’ve had longtime posters who can’t stand that the blog has become overrun by a few bullies who cause drama all the time and ask to have their accounts deleted.  We encourage them to stay, and maybe just take a break for a while. We’ve had posters change their mind later and thank us for not deleting their account. Due to recent events, VA added the TOS about that and that’s his deal as the IT technical guy so his posts speak to that stuff.

You all need to be adults and handle yourselves.  If you don’t like the blog, a topic, a forum, the entire EMB and need to take a break, just stop logging in.  Be a grown up.  The old EMB called that a self-ban or taking a vacation.

• Like 3

Why was 4for4 banned?

It was not emojis that’s ridiculous.  You get banned for either something so outrageous that it warrants banning, or a total accumulation of warning points.  4for4 was banned once, and his friend DUM harassed us begging for him to be reinstated.  We did.  That is another fact that disproves we took any "sides” in any drama.  We brought 4for4 back from banning once.  So spare the "free 4for4.”  He was freed, then continued anyway.

So you want to talk about fairness, in his case he was banned and we listened and gave him another chance.  He came back from being banned and kept doing the same stuff.  Harassing people constantly all day, personal attacks, not backing off when people asked him to stop.  He and bacarty were going at it a lot a long time ago. They both sent me pm’s complaining about the other one. I warned them both via pm to stop it and if they have issues to just pm each other and not post it in the forums.  I didn’t give either of them warning points initially.

They did not listen.  They both continued. People complained.  So I gave them both suspensions for 2 weeks and told them to not continue when they came back.  They finally stopped that particular feud.

4for4 continued harassing and attacking other posters endlessly.  No, it was not emojis.  I repeat, it was not emojis.  But he kept going and going.  During the week of the Super Bowl I was not active due to personal issues.  4for4 was obsessed with stalking and harassing other posters so much that even the Eagles being in the Super Bowl didn’t matter. Mod12 ended it as he should have.  Spare us the "long time poster banned before the Super Bowl.”  He had so many chances, we un-banned him, gave him friendly warnings, etc.  Enough.  He did that to himself.  The other way to look at that:  a longtime poster was such an a-hole moron that the Eagles being in the Super Bowl wasn’t enough to stop him from harassing other posters endlessly.  What a loser.

• Like 12
  • Haha 3

Why was bacarty banned?

The swastika avatar thing was reported by a lot of people.  (and that was something against DUM and bacarty got banned, so that’s yet another example that kills this myth that we take sides and only warn/suspend one "side.”)  

Again, we’re not on here every minute of the day. We work.  We have families.  We have things to do. Personally, I was about to head into a work meeting when I saw the reports about it.  During my work meeting, he also then posted something racist.  He was also recently off a 2 week suspension. Enough was enough.  Mod12 got the report of the racist comment.  Coming off the 2 week suspension, the swastika thing, a racist comment.  Easy ban decision.  Was it the swastika, or the racist comment?  Yes.  Either would have been sufficient.  He came off suspension not learning anything at all.  

And again, the same people who criticize mods endlessly and say "we didn't ask for moderation" and cry about their own warning points, were the same ones celebrating and cheering bacarty (or RTK or anyone else they didn't like) for getting suspended and banned because again, they are complete loser hypocrites.

• Like 4

Quick points:

"Longtime posters” or contributing to the board – no excuse for breaking the rules.  Other longtime posters and contributors complain about the bullies who derail topics with drama, other longtime posters never have any issues or warning points.  If you keep getting suspended or banned, you are the problem.

Hurts topic or any football disagreement:  Discussing football does not receive warning points.  Disagreeing, stating facts or opinions, presenting stats, saying you flat out don’t like a player, these don’t get warning points.  Reacting with emojis does not get warning points!  Stop spreading these ridiculous lies.  The pinned guidelines should be pretty clear.

• Like 3

Race baiting

Let’s get this straight:  I never, ever said "race baiting is allowed.”  

I’ve explained this several times but you guys want to keep using this false narrative.  There were several posters who received warnings for race baiting!  Yes, I personally gave them warning points for race baiting!  Stop lying about how this was handled.

Here’s how that situation played out months ago:

As noted above, we are NOT online all day and reading every post.  Especially the blog that moves very fast.  Downundermike frequently – yes frequently – would send us a pm to complain about things, to report other posters and ask for them to get warnings and in general was pushy and tried to tell us how to run the board.  He sent me a pm way back when the race baiting thing came up.  He sent me a vague message out of the blue asking me to do something about the race baiting.  

I had no idea what he was referencing.  He didn’t link/quote any specific posts.  Now, my frame of reference was the Hurts topic.  I recalled seeing an actual article from a news site when Hurts was interviewed along with Vick and McNabb and discussed the legacy of black QBs in Eagles history.  Someone reported that article for "race baiting.”  Seriously.

There was another article that discussed the issues that black QBs face including veiled references to race with terms like "running QB” for example.  Someone posted a link to that article and another poster reported that saying "race baiting.”  Posting an article discussing that topic is not "race baiting.”  I also previously saw reports of "race baiting” that turned out to be nothing, it was someone making a vague reference to "there must be some reason you don’t like Hurts.”  That’s not something to give official warning points for (these reports would come from the same crew who said they never asked for moderation, we shouldn’t have mods, we should let everything go…but they’d report people for this stuff because they are hypocrites).  

So DUM sends me this pm and I have no idea what current conversation is happening in the Hurts topic, he says we need to step in and do something.  So I go into the Hurts topic to make a post to try and calm people down without seeing anything that was said.

I posted in the Hurts thread and said 2 things.  You guys never remember the 2nd thing, only the 1st and you twist it.  I said 2 (TWO) things (paraphrased below).

I repeat: I made TWO comments about this.

1. Simply mentioning race doesn’t NECESSARILY mean race baiting.  So for example if someone calls Hurts a running QB or continuously hates on him and someone’s opinion is they don’t like him because of his race, compares him to a similar white player who doesn’t get the same criticism, etc. that might just be their opinion and doesn’t NECESSARILY equate to a warning-worthy race baiting infraction.  I said this kind of thing can be subjective and needs review.  I also said:

Here comes point 2, I’m making this very clear again there was a 2nd point, this is the one you guys never acknowledge in your lies of how this went:

2.  I also said that if someone is continually accusing a poster of being racist without merit, that can fall under a personal attack and could be subject to warning points. 

I repeat: I said that attacking someone accusing them of being a racist without merit would result in warnings points.  I did NOT say "race baiting is ok.”  The toxic morons who mostly are now gone only read what they wanted to:  I didn’t cater to their pushy demands and immediately suspend or ban people they don’t like so they ran with this narrative that I said "race baiting is ok." These are the same people who harass and stalk posters endlessly and insult them all day but then act like victims when they get warnings.  All of a sudden they were demanding that we suspend or ban people. The same "we never asked for moderation” guys wanted…moderation.  

Again, I hadn’t scrolled through pages and pages of posts to see what might have happened.  I made a statement that – I "thought” – was fair enough to address the vague report of what was happening for now.  I said if there are instances, to report them so we can review.

So DUM quoted some posts and tagged me.  I then looked at those posts and had to scroll through the context of the conversation.  I saw some things that occurred.  These posts were not reported with the report function.  We did not know about them until finally DUM quoted them and tagged me.  This is why we say to use the report function, or alert us in some way to what has happened so we can address.    

I saw what happened, and I gave out warning points to those who were attacking other posters calling them racist without merit.  Now go back and read that sentence again because some of you ignore this.  

That should make you complainers happy; the race baiting posts were given warnings.  I repeat because apparently I have to:  I gave warning points to people for race baiting.  

3rd time:  I gave warning points to people for race baiting.  

Guess how those guys reacted?  

Did they post for months complaining about the mods? Nope.  Did they petition or protest the decision?  Nope.  Did they send VA a pm to complain about unfair moderation?  Nope.  They apologized, and said they’d stop.  And we never heard another report about race baiting.  Now again if you’re reading this and thinking that some posters are still race baiting, guess what? You’re not reporting it, not alerting us and we don’t see any race baiting happening.  So we’re not "allowing” anything, it’s not brought to our attention at all.

You guys still reference that "the race baiters are allowed here” while other posters are banned.  This is why I explained the point system above.  They got warning points and heeded the warning and stopped doing it. They did not have other infractions that brought their point totals to a suspension or ban level.  Other people who were banned continued multiple, multiple infractions after much patience and unofficial warnings and yet continued to break the rules and accumulate points to total a suspension or ban.  It takes a lot to do that.  It is not an equal comparison that you like to make where posters like 4for4 are banned but "race baiters” are allowed. It doesn’t work like that.  It’s point totals, and these guys haven’t got any more points while the banned posters did.  It’s simple math.

You cannot complain we "allow” something or certain people are "getting away with it” or "allowed to still be here” if you don’t report the posts or alert us to it happening.  But I will repeat for the last time:

I gave warning points to people for race baiting.  Stop spreading lies and drama you now have the facts.

• Like 4

Some more transparent examples about how mods react to bashing mods publicly.  Toronto was probably the worst poster over many months ripping the mods constantly.  Yet I let it all go and never gave him points or anything. A little while ago, he got more warning points for something else that put his total to 5.  But Mod12 saw that the system would automatically suspend him, so he adjusted it so he could still post.  He did that to be nice and keep him here.  Just like we reinstated 4for4 repeatedly who just kept breaking the rules, bacarty and others.  I’ve done that plenty myself where the point total will make someone suspended so I gave less points or prevented suspension.  When DUM kept getting warnings because he also refused to change, he got to a point where he had 8 points that gave him a 28 day suspension.  He came back and didn’t take long to start drama and fighting again and ended up with another warning.  I lowered the warning from 2 points to 1 because otherwise he would have been banned.  We keep asking you guys to stop and not get yourself suspended or banned. Your choices are your own.  We’ve been very lenient and put up with a lot.

My 2 Cents: This is partially the reason things have gotten out of hands since moving to the new board. You can't bend the rules because people will abuse any leniency afforded to them, which they repeatedly did.

If someone deserves 10 points, they should get 10 points and the boot. Don't reinstate banned users, don't lower warning points, if someone plays stupid games, give them stupid prizes.

As you have said, most of us haven't had a single warning point in years, if ever. So having a stern policy towards bad behaviour will only affect those that deserve it and who do indeed make this a worse place.

• Like 4

This filibuster is so lengthy,  and filled with so much that didn't really apply to me,  one could never take the time to try to straighten out so the facts and begin to address issues constructively from their own perspective.

In a PM discussion the discussion could resolve around my own behavior.  Here,  it's to much to say I did this or that but not the other stuff. 

This isn't an effective way to communicate.  It's Not what I asked for.  I'm not participating. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Note: the harsh tone of some of this is reaction to a small group of people ruining the board experience for others

So, just to continue to be transparent..

I've never once received a verbal warning. I've never been temporarily banned. I've never gotten a single point on my account. I haven't been posting much since the Super Bowl and when I have, have avoided serious arguments with people because of all of the drama.

Yet I am tagged and lumped into a group of people that's allegedly "ruining the board" and I'm to believe that through all of your "transparency" there isn't an issue that some of us have addressed? Is it because I called you out once, months ago?

Lol.

• Like 2

Yeah not sure why I was tagged here either. I’ve been staying out of the mud and just talking football.

Am I supposed to show myself out or something?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Swoop said:

I'm to believe that through all of your "transparency" there isn't an issue that some of us have addressed? 

What's the issue that some of you have addressed that you think he has ignored? His explanation seemed to cover all the bases. 

As an aside, you seem to be bothered that you were tagged, but clearly you have an issue with some aspect of the moderation policy, so maybe that was why he tagged you? 

3 minutes ago, jsb235 said:

What's the issue that some of you have addressed that you think he has ignored? His explanation seemed to cover all the bases. 

As an aside, you seem to be bothered that you were tagged, but clearly you have an issue with some aspect of the moderation policy, so maybe that was why he tagged you? 

I think it's funny, to be honest. He went on an entire filibuster. I've said my piece before and aside from recently being dragged back into it, by him no less, haven't said much on the matter in quite some time.

For someone that largely disliked those banned and wanting to move past it, here you are once again sticking your nose in.

You'd be wise not to keep following me/us around. They ban people for that 😂

• Like 1

Who has the time to constantly PM mods about petty ish?   Just a downright weird thing to do.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Moderator6 said:

Wanting open discussion and "we didn’t ask for moderation.”

As I said, I’ve posted publicly to explain moderation and decisions and it hasn’t done any good.  You guys still run with lies and incorrect info regardless.  HE you have sent the most ridiculous conspiracy theory rants to me in pm claiming the mods are "puppets” controlled by some faction that you think is against you, they are manipulating us and somehow this faction has secret power over the mods and only one "side’ is getting warned or suspended.  That is false.  

Funny to read that his conspiracies extended to the mods.  I remember he kept trying to claim I was the ringleader of some group of posters like his crew of friends that actually coordinated together on things.  Completely false and totally paranoid.

MV5BOTY2NDY4OGUtYWE0Ni00NWZiLWI3NDktYmE2

Since this is Rant and Rave I'm going to hope my post poking fun at HE is allowed but if not then just delete (please no warning point).

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Swoop said:

So, just to continue to be transparent..

I've never once received a verbal warning. I've never been temporarily banned. I've never gotten a single point on my account. I haven't been posting much since the Super Bowl and when I have, have avoided serious arguments with people because of all of the drama.

Yet I am tagged and lumped into a group of people that's allegedly "ruining the board" and I'm to believe that through all of your "transparency" there isn't an issue that some of us have addressed? Is it because I called you out once, months ago?

Lol.

I apologize perhaps I mistook you for someone else.  I thought you were asking for explanation on mod decisions, again if I was wrong about that apologies.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

This filibuster is so lengthy,  and filled with so much that didn't really apply to me,  one could never take the time to try to straighten out so the facts and begin to address issues constructively from their own perspective.

In a PM discussion the discussion could resolve around my own behavior.  Here,  it's to much to say I did this or that but not the other stuff. 

This isn't an effective way to communicate.  It's Not what I asked for.  I'm not participating. 

This is exactly why I made a public topic to address all the public moderation complaints people have made.  The entire thread doesn't apply to you, it's a public forum to address all the issues not just you.  You were just one of the people who wanted discussion and transparency. You ripped me and the mods publicly plenty of times, you had no problem with that being public but now want to have a PM discussion.  I was getting pm's from a bunch of people about the same stuff, so I'm not going to go back and forth on the same points with different people.  And your last lengthy pm to me was not only about your own behavior it was about others as well. 

You don't have to participate, this isn't just for you.  Happy posting mate.  

• Like 3