**Official 76ers 2023 Offseason Thread**

mr_hunt

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Looks like every other arena lol

I really want to see what the outside of the arena looks like more in depth and the surrounding area then inside the arena. 

I had that thought yesterday when I saw Paul got cut.  If Harden goes there and we can somehow get VanVleet instead, I'd be pretty happy.

39 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

What avenue or cap space do they have to acquire FVV?

Tobias Harris 

As long as Maxey is on the roster, FVV makes no sense. They will get  obliterated on the defensive end. 

Kuzma in a sign and trade makes more sense for Harris. 

In my opinion, as long as Harden and Embiid are on the same team the rest of the roster will struggle. Guys have to touch the ball and be involved in the flow of the game. You saw it with Maxey in the playoffs, he did a ton of standing around. 

You hear it on podcasts with former players talking about how it can be difficult to play when you basically stand around half the game, catch a ball with 3 seconds left on the shot clock, and have to launch a 3 up. 

Can Nurse fix some of that, maybe, but Harden in crunch time pounds the ball and Embiid loves the post but struggles to pass out of it. 

Screenshot_20230608-170458.png

14 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Tobias Harris 

As long as Maxey is on the roster, FVV makes no sense. They will get  obliterated on the defensive end. 

Agreed.   If they went that route, they'd have to look to move Maxey for a wing that fits.  

5 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Kuzma in a sign and trade makes more sense for Harris. 

In my opinion, as long as Harden and Embiid are on the same team the rest of the roster will struggle. Guys have to touch the ball and be involved in the flow of the game. You saw it with Maxey in the playoffs, he did a ton of standing around. 

You hear it on podcasts with former players talking about how it can be difficult to play when you basically stand around half the game, catch a ball with 3 seconds left on the shot clock, and have to launch a 3 up. 

Can Nurse fix some of that, maybe, but Harden in crunch time pounds the ball and Embiid loves the post but struggles to pass out of it. 

Screenshot_20230608-170458.png

Agreed and like that deal.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Tobias Harris 

Would you rather have Kuzma or Jerami Grant in a sign and trade. 

Looking more and more that Dame wants out so no reason for Grant to stay. 

22 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Matt Isiba is Fing crazy. 

I have no clue how they get it done. Cause you’re gonna need to include Chris Paul and Deandre Ayton in any deal to get him. You’re not gonna get pics back for those guys unless some dumb team overvalued both. along with the suns traded their draft capital away in the Kevin Durant trade. So unless Portland really values ayton (unlikely) or a 3-4 team deal where some teams value Paul/ayton to give Portland picks the suns are really gonna struggle to make that happen 

Suns should’ve dealt ayton in a sign and trade last year when Indy wanted him and taken turner and hield to use in later deals if need be 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

I have no clue how they get it done. Cause you’re gonna need to include Chris Paul and Deandre Ayton in any deal to get him. You’re not gonna get pics back for those guys unless some dumb team overvalued both. along with the suns traded their draft capital away in the Kevin Durant trade. So unless Portland really values ayton (unlikely) or a 3-4 team deal where some teams value Paul/ayton to give Portland picks the suns are really gonna struggle to make that happen 

Suns should’ve dealt ayton in a sign and trade last year when Indy wanted him and taken turner and hield to use in later deals if need be 

Teams are so afraid to lose guys you get deals like Ayton and Beal

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Teams are so afraid to lose guys you get deals like Ayton and Beal

Frankly suns could’ve made a deal with Indy. The pacers really wanted ayton and the suns wanted no part in working on a trade. Which was dumb cause that relationship was fractured and Indy was willing to offer turner and hield which were solid pieces especially if you had Booker and eventually KD. 

Can I say that Damian Lillard and Portland are both idiots for not doing a deal two years ago. He can’t stay healthy anymore and he might only have two or three years left at his peak. So you’re likely not going to get as much as you would have two years ago and he likely has less suitors meeting the priced based off his decline in health as opposed to if he would’ve done it two years ago when he still had like half a decade left in his prime. 

19 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Can I say that Damian Lillard and Portland are both idiots for not doing a deal two years ago. He can’t stay healthy anymore and he might only have two or three years left at his peak. So you’re likely not going to get as much as you would have two years ago and he likely has less suitors meeting the priced based off his decline in health as opposed to if he would’ve done it two years ago when he still had like half a decade left in his prime. 

The problem is suitors right now. 

Can't go to Knicks, they got Brunson. 

Heat ain't trading Butler or Bam

Would Pelicans re live CJ and him, would be dumb. 

Lakers/Suns/Sixers no assets 

Nets? Cam in a sign and trade and pieces for Dame

3 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

The problem is suitors right now. 

Can't go to Knicks, they got Brunson. 

Heat ain't trading Butler or Bam

Would Pelicans re live CJ and him, would be dumb. 

Lakers/Suns/Sixers no assets 

Nets? Cam in a sign and trade and pieces for Dame

Yeah i agree. The suitors aren’t great. This is avoided and Portland and dame are in a better spot if they just admitted they weren’t winning crap 2 years ago and moved him. Boston actually makes the most sense with dangling jaylen brown assuming he’d sign on with Portland and if dame actually would go there. 

Curious Haynes mentioned the sixers but says they don’t have the assets to get it done. Tend to agree and I don’t think that sixers’ package the article suggest beats other teams packages. I also don’t think Miami can get it done without giving up Bam. Portland would have to love herro, martin and take Lowry as an expiring contract.  the nets offering Finney-smith, claxton, can Thomas and dinwiddie (expiring contract) along with their picks isnt all that exciting in terms of players. But the nets have the suns picks (i don’t believe they have protections on them), their own 2028-2030 picks, sixers 2027 (or 2028 first that’s top 8 protected) which the best Miami has is giving up 2023 first, 2024 swap, 2026-2030 swaps along with their firsts from 2027-2030.

Frankly don’t think bridges pairing with lillard gets lillard any closer to an nba title. I still think they’d be 5-6th in the east and that’s if lillard stayed healthy. The only spot where I’d think lillard would be closer to a title would be Miami (assuming kept bam and butler), Celtics pairing him with Tatum or sixers. Yet don’t see any of those situations happening for different reasons.  lillard and Portland refusing to accept the fact two years ago that winning a title on Portland was never gonna happen likely hurts the blazers and lillard. 

30 minutes ago, e-a-g-l-e-s eagles! said:

Curious Haynes mentioned the sixers but says they don’t have the assets to get it done. Tend to agree and I don’t think that sixers’ package the article suggest beats other teams packages. I also don’t think Miami can get it done without giving up Bam. Portland would have to love herro, martin and take Lowry as an expiring contract.  the nets offering Finney-smith, claxton, can Thomas and dinwiddie (expiring contract) along with their picks isnt all that exciting in terms of players. But the nets have the suns picks (i don’t believe they have protections on them), their own 2028-2030 picks, sixers 2027 (or 2028 first that’s top 8 protected) which the best Miami has is giving up 2023 first, 2024 swap, 2026-2030 swaps along with their firsts from 2027-2030.

Frankly don’t think bridges pairing with lillard gets lillard any closer to an nba title. I still think they’d be 5-6th in the east and that’s if lillard stayed healthy. The only spot where I’d think lillard would be closer to a title would be Miami (assuming kept bam and butler), Celtics pairing him with Tatum or sixers. Yet don’t see any of those situations happening for different reasons.  lillard and Portland refusing to accept the fact two years ago that winning a title on Portland was never gonna happen likely hurts the blazers and lillard. 

Yeah, no thanks to that trade offer from a 76ers perspective. That would nuke the 76ers chances for the next 7-8 years, for what, maybe a year or two of contention?

14 minutes ago, Blazehound said:

Yeah, no thanks to that trade offer from a 76ers perspective. That would nuke the 76ers chances for the next 7-8 years, for what, maybe a year or two of contention?

I wouldn’t do it either. First lillard doesn’t stay healthy anymore. It’s an issue. This isn’t lillard 2-3 years ago where he’s playing all the time. He hasn’t played 60 games or more in 3 years and he’s gonna be 33 at the start of the season. Second his contract when he’s 35 and 36 is absolutely ridiculous. It’s 58.5 and 63.2 mil. With the new CBA that’s killer with embiid’s contract. Third even with embiid and dame, the sixers still might not be the favorite to win. The rest of the roster would be pretty bleh. 

like i said the blazers and lillard should’ve had this deal done 2 years ago. They likely get better packages of players and likely more suitors for Dame to try and win a title. It was much more realistic then for the sixers too. Could’ve used Simmons when he still had some value along with all their picks and pick swaps. At this point the sixers don’t have the assets to finish a deal and if the blazers thought they did then the sixers are screwed after making the deal with a decimated roster with really not much flexibility due to lillard and embiid’s contracts 

12 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

more like andrew bogus..amirite?  

Oh look another loser