**Official 76ers 2023 Offseason Thread**

mr_hunt

4 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

I know I know CP3 is old but next year isn't guaranteed so it's basically a one year deal and getting a versatile wing defender in Dort. 

Trying to find a place for Harden that isn't the Rockets so get something of value for him. 

Screenshot_20230516-105416.png

boom. Now combine this trade with my other 2

CP3, Poole, Wiggins, Ingram, Looney

Bench- Dort, Melton, Nance, Tucker, Reed

Dynasty!

9 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Would you do that if your the Pelicans though? I know Zion and him don't exactly get along but already have a small guard in CJ. 

I'm having a hard time finding a place for Harris. 

They probably wouldnt. Like I said, hes always the pipedream perfect fit that is never actually available.

Harris is fairly easy in theory. You just have to find under the cap teams, which is tough. I know the Spurs. I dont know who else is.

7 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

image.thumb.png.627f03a80e441b47e8a6cd88e7ecbf44.png

boom

combine my other trade with this one

Harden, Poole, Wiggins, Ingram, Looney

Now you have tons of perimeter scoring. Championship!

I think you could probably get this done with just Harris and Maxey. If Warriors keep Green no way Poole sticks around 

Screenshot_20230515-165858.png

Just now, DaEagles4Life said:

I think you could probably get this done with just Harris and Maxey. If Warriors keep Green no way Poole sticks around 

Screenshot_20230515-165858.png

thats good. I needed a center on the team though. 

9 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:
NBA Could Be Entering 'Unbelievable Period' Of Star Player Movement Through 2024 Trade Deadline

MAY 15, 2023 9:44 PM

Young_Trae_atl_230301.jpg

The combination of an NBA without a truly dominant team along with a new collective bargaining agreement that will become more punitive for teams over the second luxury tax apron could create a situation where certain players and teams are motivated to execute trades this offseason and into the trade deadline period. Because of the timeline of the new CBA taking effect, there could be a sense of urgency for all parties to get their business in during the next two transaction cycles.

During a conversation about the future of Joel Embiid, ESPN's Zach Lowe asserted the expectation that there could be an inordinate amount of player movement in the near future.

"This is all prelude to I think the next year in the NBA could be an unbelievable period of superstar and star player movement because you've just got a lot of sort of roiling situations," said Lowe on his podcast. "You have one year left before the really harsh trade rules kick into place after the 2023-24 season where teams over the second apron, like the Clippers, for instance, cannot even aggregate salaries. They can't add up money to bring in a big money player. That's starting after next season.

"I think we could see a ton of movement in the offseason and up to the deadline. And a ton of big names moving. That's not to say Embiid, but I think this going to be a hot and heavy offseason and people should buckle up."

Beyond the future of Embiid, there are also uncertain situations facing the likes of Damian Lillard, Luka Doncic, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Karl-Anthony Towns, Trae Young, Pascal Siakam, Julius Randle, Kawhi Leonard, Paul George, DeMar DeRozan, Zach LaVine, Bradley Beal, OG Anunoby and Deandre Ayton, amongst others.

Sounds like a fun summer. 

The lottery tonight will decide a lot as well with who gets Wemby

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

thats good. I needed a center on the team though. 

I mean the Suns were better with Jock Landale than Ayton. Just need a hustle guy or two. Reed and a more traditional big that will set screens and Rebound

Doc gone

Out of that list interested in Vogel, Monty and Cassell. For the love of God interview Kenny Atkinson 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Pacers have cap space.

Harris for Hield and McConnell. 

Like that. A real back up lead guard and one of the best shooters this generation 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Doc gone

Out of that list interested in Vogel, Monty and Cassell. For the love of God interview Kenny Atkinson 

It's going to be Harden and Embiid's guy D'Antoni.

But I'm glad this happened so soon so we can get our hopes up for a guy like Cassell and some of the other names. 

Just now, HazletonEagle said:

It's going to be Harden and Embiid's guy D'Antoni.

But I'm glad this happened so soon so we can get our hopes up for a guy like Cassell and some of the other names. 

Makes sense since Embiid gets tired walking half the game so let's speed it up even more. 

If they hire Bud you mine as well find a new team to watch, would be an absolutely horrific hire. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Makes sense since Embiid gets tired walking half the game so let's speed it up even more. 

If they hire Bud you mine as well find a new team to watch, would be an absolutely horrific hire. 

Yeah.  Never understood the connection there with Embiid and D'Antoni.  It makes no sense.  And that's how you know the 6ers will do it. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mr_hunt said:

sooooo....would you guys attach maxey to tobias in a trade to get an athletic guard/wing like lavine or brandon ingram in return?

i know a lot of people love maxey but idk what his ceiling is or whether or not a team could win a championship with him as their #1 or #2 guy. 

Yup, especially Ingram.

13 minutes ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Bud is a bad choice, he is another Doc.

11 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Yeah.  Never understood the connection there with Embiid and D'Antoni.  It makes no sense.  And that's how you know the 6ers will do it. 

D'Antoni was here under Brown and was supposed to take the job from him as he was Big Collar's choice to be the coach before they fired him 

3 minutes ago, mr_hunt said:

In order of those candidates I would go Williams, Nurse, Cassell. I also like @DaEagles4Life choice of Kenny Atkinson 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mat said:

In order of those candidates I would go Williams, Nurse, Cassell. I also like @DaEagles4Life choice of Kenny Atkinson 

Issue with Nurse and we saw it last year is he trust guys even less than Doc. He ran the Raptors starting 5 into the ground 

Siakam was at 37, VanVleet at 36.7, OG at 35.6, Barnes 34.8 minutes a game 

That is crazy to me, four guys in the top 30 of minutes per game 

d'antoni has been coaching in the nba since 1997 and has how many rings ? 

horrible mix for embiid, long extended record of not winning championships. last HC tenure was under morey. 

he's definitely getting hired. 

1 minute ago, DaEagles4Life said:

Issue with Nurse and we saw it last year is he trust guys even less than Doc. He ran the Raptors starting 5 into the ground 

Siakam was at 37, VanVleet at 36.7, OG at 35.6, Barnes 34.8 minutes a game 

That is crazy to me, four guys in the top 30 of minutes per game 

To be honest I didn't pay much attention to the Raptors this year but I feel like he knew his time was up and it was part of a rebuild to try and maximise and showcase value of a couple of those guys to try and trade. He could have gone the other way as well where he felt like he was coaching for his job and their depth was trash so he those guys played a ton of minutes. Could have also been health because I feel like a lot of their guys missed games so they were short handed. It seems like a complete mess anyway