DeCamara: 'Most impressive part of performance was how Eagles' held ball for final 9:22'

time2rock

DeCamara: 'Most impressive part of performance was how Eagles' held ball for final 9:22'

image.png.54e339cfb489b1e1bb5d24383c8dfd1e.png

Joe DeCamara is "very encouraged" by what he saw from the Eagles' in their 25-11 dominant victory at the Tampa Bay Bucs on Monday Night to improve to 3-0.

"I'm very encouraged, very encouraged by what we saw," DeCamara said on Tuesday's 94WIP Morning Show. "Were they perfect? No. Is the passing attack totally on point? No. But it did improve as the game went on and that was encouraging."

The Eagles' held the ball for the final 9:22 of the game, sealing the victory and dominating the line of scrimmage, which DeCamara felt was by far the most impressive part of the performance.

"Think about the myriad of positives from last night's game," he said. "Number one, and this is so far and away the thing that hit me the most from last night, was how the game actually ended...This was nine and a half minutes guys. I actually said to myself when the possession began, if the Eagles can get this down to three minutes that'd be win...They took off the whole clock! They took of nine minutes and 22 seconds to end the game."

Somewhat concerning is the fact that Jalen Hurts threw two more interceptions, bringing his total to three in three games, plus a fumble.

image.thumb.png.0e3c2f7ad9d692511ed16e74fac94a37.png

"I thought Jalen played, you know, below average for him," Jon Ritchie said. "I thought Jalen was surprisingly missing some things yesterday, but the offense was balanced, the offense was outstanding, the offense was physically tough. That's what matters most."

Overall the rushing offense was incredibly impressive, as D'Andre Swift now has 305 rushing yards over his last two games. The Eagles are now second in the NFL averaging 185.7 rushing yards per game, behind only the Dolphins.

"Remarkable, stupendous, freakin' phenomenal, pick your adjectives and verbs. It's a stupendous running team," DeCamara said of the running game. "I mean it is a rushing attack, we saw it in 2021...It was a monster part of how they succeeded last year. It might even be better than last year. Alright, let's get to D'Andre Swift. Dude is legit!"

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-drive-ball-9-22-end-game-bucs-win-3-0

6 hours ago, time2rock said:

final 9:22

Just think about that… holding the ball for nearly 10 minutes. At the end of the game when actually there was a potential for a bit of a momentum shift and a late tense game like last Thursday. That was just so freaking impressive I have no words really.

Not concerned about the 2 INTs.,,.,,,one was a miscommunication with the RB, the other was just a tremendous defensive play.  The ball was right on.....