Graham: Eagles' D can be better than last year 'with those young boys'

time2rock

Graham: Eagles' D can be better than last year 'with those young boys'

image.png.c831cb4067a71e283909c0341f734992.png

Brandon Graham believes this year's Eagles' defensive can be even better than last season's NFC Championship defense, largely in part to the new young guys like Jordan Davis and Jalen Carter who are wreaking havoc on offensive lines already.

"Well I feel like this year is the year that we building to that," Graham told Joe DeCamara and Jon Ritchie on Tuesday's 94WIP Morning Show when asked if he feels like the Eagles' defense resembled last year's defense in Monday night's win over the Bucs.

"I thought just every week everyone has been getting better...I try not to bring up last year, but it feels good to have this team have some of the traits that we did last year for sure and we want to be even better. I know that we have so much room to be even better, especially with these young boys like Jordan [Davis] and the guys that weren't really with us last year that are now a part of it. So they gonna bring a different dynamic to us. Man, that safety was so big. It was so nice just to see Jordan out there. When you really look at the replay man, Jordan at one point kind of got caught off guard then he just drilled him. He just drilled his man into the body of the running back. It was a fun game yesterday to see the Georgia boys and on top of that Zach Cunningham and the linebackers make plays out there. So I was just excited all around. Guys was making plays that we needed."

The Eagles allowed just 174 yards and 11 points to the Bucs, and they are now the only team in the NFL with at least two takeaways in all three games this season. For the season, Philadelphia now has two interceptions and six fumbles good for eight total takeaways which is tied for second in the NFL.

Specifically, the young Georgia DT in Davis and Jalen Carter have been extremely impressive. Carter—playing about 50-percent of the snaps—has 1.5 sacks each and 2 FF, while Davis—playing about 40-percent of the snaps—has 1.5 sacks and 1 FF of his own.

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/philadelphia-eagles-defense-georgia-dt-young-rookie-graham