Philadelphia Eagles land All-American WR in way too early 2021 NFL mock draft

UK_EaglesFan89

Philadelphia Eagles land All-American WR in way too early 2021 NFL mock draft

The Eagles are expecting huge things from

Alshon Jeffery and DeSean Jackson, in what could be the final season for both players in Philadelphia.

During the 2020 NFL Draft, the Eagles added Jalen Reagor (TCU), John Hightower (Boise State), and Quez Watkins (Southern Miss). The hope is that all three players have productive rookie seasons and allow the Birds to solidify the wide receiver spot.

If for some reason one or two of those players don’t pan out, the Birds will have plenty of options coming out in 2021. In the first of a way too early 2021 mock draft from 24/7 Sports, the Eagles land Minnesota All-American Rashod Bateman late in the first round.

27. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES: RASHOD BATEMAN, MINNESOTA, WR

The 6-foot-2, 200-pound standout is an "an alpha receiver … [with] physical tools [that] are off the charts,” raves Pro Football Talk. PFT is so high on Bateman, it has him ranked higher among receivers than Ja’Marr Chase, Jaylen Waddle, and DeVonta Smith.

A Georgia native, Bateman spurned SEC schools to attend Minnesota and he hasn’t looked back ever since.

Bateman started at wide receiver as a true freshman and set a Golden Gophers freshman record with 51 receptions, 704 receiving yards and six touchdowns.

Last season as a true sophomore, Bateman was named a semifinalist for the Fred Biletnikoff Award and first-team All-Big Ten after catching 57 passes for 1,170 yards (20.5 yards per catch) and 11 touchdowns.

Bateman earned Second-team All-American by Sports Illustrated and USA Today and was a third-team selection by the Associated Press.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/05/philadelphia-eagles-land-all-american-wr-in-way-too-early-2021-nfl-mock-draft/

I don't see it but would be nice. 

Long way to go!'

So the 2021 wide receiver corps would be Reagor, Arcega-Whiteside, Bateman - that's 2 1's and a 2. 

then there would be Hightower and Watkins, and maybe Ward

Ok by me

1 hour ago, Rob331 said:

Long way to go!'

So the 2021 wide receiver corps would be Reagor, Arcega-Whiteside, Bateman - that's 2 1's and a 2. 

then there would be Hightower and Watkins, and maybe Ward

Ok by me

Would be absolutely fine by me too... But I don't think they'll invest that high at the WR position again even though they should. 

42 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Would be absolutely fine by me too... But I don't think they'll invest that high at the WR position again even though they should. 

I agree, I think we are more likely to invest in either DL or OL.  But if JJAW has another year similar to year one and the right WR fell I could see them grabbing him.  Really a lot depends on what JJAW shows this year.  

• Like 1

My prediction of the week - 

JJAW 3.5 catches per game - 56 catches

9.5 yards per catch - 532 yards

30 first downs

6 touchdowns

How would that make everyone feel about him?

16 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

My prediction of the week - 

JJAW 3.5 catches per game - 56 catches

9.5 yards per catch - 532 yards

30 first downs

6 touchdowns

How would that make everyone feel about him?

So just shy of 900 yards? 30 first downs is a good return as are 6 TDs. I think that would be a pretty remarkable season especially if Ertz gets near 1000 yards, Goedert likely gets over 600 yards, DeSean gets probably close to 800 if he stays healthy. So yeah I mean that would be pretty damn good. 

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

So just shy of 900 yards?

Far cry form that 900 v 562 - I see him as the 3td and 4 to 9 guy and getting more short and middle range passes. 

But yes - I think that would be a terrific tear for him. 

2 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Far cry form that 900 v 562 - I see him as the 3td and 4 to 9 guy and getting more short and middle range passes. 

But yes - I think that would be a terrific tear for him. 

oh sorry I misread completely there.