Survivor Season 45

VaBeach_Eagle

I meant to start this thread before the new season began but with a lot going on, it just slipped my mind until one of my brothers mentioned that the new season began. 

First episode

Spoiler

pissed me off. How do you have people on this show that aren't prepared for how hard it is? 

end of episode spoiler

Spoiler

The chick who voted herself off took a spot from someone who actually could have competed on the show. A bad look for her. One of the most annoying people to ever be on the show. 

That one chick (forget her name already) is crazy.

The extra half hour makes these episodes really drag on.

• 1 month later...

And yet after all the weirdness in the beginning, I’m actually rooting for Emily.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Another season where I didn't like the winner and the player I was rooting for didn't get a single vote.

On 12/21/2023 at 12:57 AM, FranklinFldEBUpper said:

Another season where I didn't like the winner and the player I was rooting for didn't get a single vote.

Really, Jake? He messed up by not pushing the autism angle in the final tribal council... unless he's just undiagnosed. 

Didn't love or hate Dee, kinda figured going into final it was her's to lose with collection of immunity wins and social game.  Last few seasons have all been good/interesting game wise in their own ways, but honestly nobody has really stood out to me one way or another as a true villain or hero. 

LOL - Jake using past winners and their seasons as ways to recall the numbers was Idiot Savant level memory, which I guess is on the spectrum.  Honestly as he was setting it up, I thought he was going to use Patriots, Celtics, Red Sox or Bruin players/numbers, but the swerve to past Survivor champs caught me.  I don't even remember who won last spring at this point.

Wonder if/when they'll go back to LIVE reunion shows...  Know how much some people hate them, but were overdue for some All Star season or one of the variants like Blood vs Water.

Anyone else get a little nauseated with the transformation stories? Like, I get that Survivor is a crazy experience, but the whole "I've been on the island for a week and now I'm going to love my family more, get engaged, and my personality has been entirely transformed" angle is kind of overplayed. They really overdid it with the crazy chick (Emily? I'm super bad with names for this show) who called out the returning player on day one of this season... 

Especially with the new format being like three weeks. I don't know, just strikes me as super-cheesy. 

I find the "letters from home" stories to be particularly nauseating. It's not like they've been away for years or even months.

• 2 months later...

No new thread for the current season? 

• 2 weeks later...

Boston Rob is on Deal or No Deal Island for those who might be interested. I've really enjoyed it so far.