Do you think lack of identity is this team's main issue?

opa-opa

Look at the 49ers. They are a machine. I think it's partly they know exactly what they are. Run the ball with McCaffrey, get the ball out to their elite playmakers.

The Eagles last year I think was defined by the RPO. It worked so well for them.

But this year? The RPO has not worked, teams figured out how to counter it, they barely even run it anymore, with very little success.

So what should the new team identity be? What should we focus on? 

My own suggestion is to focus on the running game, split between Swift/Gainwell/(hopefully Penny). That seems to be working for us right now so maybe we should just stick with it until we figure out something better. 

12 minutes ago, opa-opa said:

Look at the 49ers. They are a machine. I think it's partly they know exactly what they are. Run the ball with McCaffrey, get the ball out to their elite playmakers.

The Eagles last year I think was defined by the RPO. It worked so well for them.

But this year? The RPO has not worked, teams figured out how to counter it, they barely even run it anymore, with very little success.

So what should the new team identity be? What should we focus on? 

My own suggestion is to focus on the running game, split between Swift/Gainwell/(hopefully Penny). That seems to be working for us right now so maybe we should just stick with it until we figure out something better. 

I cringed every single time that RPO was run...I am GLAD they stopped running it because teams figured out last year how to counter it. Get Swift the ball....get AJ the ball....get Smitty the ball...get Goedert the ball....let teams know that we can come at them from all angles...when the run is not working, we got elite playmakers (I honestly don't think there is a better duo than AJ/Smitty in the entire league) who can make plays....continue protecting Hurts and let him be a pocket passer but rely heavily on the run game because Swift is Shady 2.0 in my opinion.....

• Like 2

No.  Look at Hurts and then look at Purdy and how they manage the game.  As an example, have Goedert on my fantasy team.  Very good player.  But Hurts can’t get him the ball.  OC will figure it out but right now we are beating ourselves somewhat.

No.

Both coordinators. Injuries. Slow start/rust after no preseason reps. Play calling.

• Like 2

Their identity is we will beat you anyway we can. Shut the run down? Fine here comes a heavy dose of AJ Brown, and Smith. Playing the safeties deep? Here comes Swift and Gainwell for 40 combined carries. Doesn’t have to look pretty. Just needs to end up with that W.

• Like 5

Are we really asking for the identity of one of the last two undefeated teams in the NFL right now? 

• Like 4

The Eagles have an identity. They are going to run right into you and dare you to stop them. The Hurts QB sneak is so effective the rules committee thought about making it illegal. If you want to stack the run, then they have an answer for that too.

It just so happens I believe that the Commanders have a defensive front that can challenge the Eagles offensive line. They played the game and got to Overtime. Good on them.

The Eagles have been up and down, and yet they're still undefeated 4-0. That's how good they are.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, judunno said:

Identity = Just Win Baby 

"Winning is the only thing that matters."

-Jalen Hurts

• Like 2

They have an identity as one of the two unbeaten teams in the league. No style points or for artistic merit. They are balanced enough that each phase can elevate them to a victory. They are a well-balanced team (albeit with inexperienced coordinators) who can win in lots of ways. That´s a great identity to have.

• Like 1

This team is a Lamborghini, and we're watching two new coordinators figure out how to drive it.  Get them right and I think we very quickly find ourselves cruising. 

As ugly as it's been at times we haven't won these past four games by luck. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, toolg said:

The Eagles have an identity. They are going to run right into you and dare you to stop them. The Hurts QB sneak is so effective the rules committee thought about making it illegal. If you want to stack the run, then they have an answer for that too.

It just so happens I believe that the Commanders have a defensive front that can challenge the Eagles offensive line. They played the game and got to Overtime. Good on them.

The Eagles have been up and down, and yet they're still undefeated 4-0. That's how good they are.

isn't the starting DL for Washington all first Rounders? They do have talent for sure.

• Like 2

This team has an identity. The identity is to win. Win with defense. Win with offense. Win by running the ball. Win by throwing the ball. Win with the DL. Win in the trenches. This team just finds ways to win. They stick in there and they can gut it out and they can find the plays to win.

• Like 3

I swear I have never seen so much complaining about a team that is 4-0. You all got spoiled when they went through that stretch last year where they were pummeling teams. Let's not forget that even last year they lost to virtually the same Washington team that they just beat yesterday, and had a couple of ugly close wins against Indy and Chicago. They also had a slow, sloppy start against the Jags last year. Hell, even the Texans game last year wasn't a dominant win. 

Bottom line is they are winning games, and IMO are looking better each week. The defense had a tough time yesterday, but the they had their struggles last year at times too. The offense is getting more in rhythm each game.

• Like 4

After watching this Bills team everyone swears the Eagles can’t beat struggle against the Jags right now I’m just wondering if the undefeated Eagles should be scared of the Jags too?

Replacing both coordinators is the main issue to me. Last season was year 2 with the old ones and probably why they looked better last year. Give it some time and we'll see if this group gets better.  

I would say the Eagles stamped their identity on the TD drive right before Halftime.

Run and stop the run. 

I saw a stat yesterday and they have about a 500 yard run differential against their opponents. Truly amazing stat after 5 games. 

• Like 1