Seinfeld

The_Omega

He's been asked for years about another sitcom and he always said no, he will never do it again because he went out on top and nothing will compare to it.  He did say the Curb episodes were the reunion.  Interesting to have a new idea now after all these years.  It regained popularity on streaming.  

It will probably be a Super Bowl commercial or something.

If they do an actual sitcom or limited series, they better make sure it's good because a lot of times these things can be underwhelming.  Sometimes it's better to leave something great alone.  

• Like 1

There's also a new Frasier sitcom on Paramount+.  Let's just leave these old sitcoms alone and do new ideas.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NOTW said:

There's also a new Frasier sitcom on Paramount+.  Let's just leave these old sitcoms alone and do new ideas.

Hollywood and TV-Land, Netflix and streaming services included, is nothing but regurgitated crap.  My brother is in the industry and the standard now is 2-3 seasons max.  If shows goes beyond 3 seasons, accelerators kick in for actors and writers, which puts them way over budget.  This is part of the reason for the recent strike.  There won’t be many shows with 7-10 seasons.  Studios don’t want anith r Friends situation where they pay them ridiculous money 20 years later.  

1 minute ago, DBW said:

Hollywood and TV-Land, Netflix and streaming services included, is nothing but regurgitated crap.  My brother is in the industry and the standard now is 2-3 seasons max.  If shows goes beyond 3 seasons, accelerators kick in for actors and writers, which puts them way over budget.  This is part of the reason for the recent strike.  There won’t be many shows with 7-10 seasons.  Studios don’t want anith r Friends situation where they pay them ridiculous money 20 years later.  

A lot of limited series as well.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LacesOut said:

I can't see it happening. Leave it as it is/was. IMO, the last few season's stunk anyways.

When you watch the reruns, it's obvious that the show absolutely went off the rails when Larry David left after season seven. Without his guidance the storylines of the final two seasons became wildly absurd.

On 10/11/2023 at 2:28 PM, NOTW said:

That looks horrible

24 minutes ago, Joe Shades 73 said:

That looks horrible

Agree. Watched the trailer. Just leave it alone. Make new shows & characters 

However, Louis-Dreyfus, a key cast member of the classic series, seemed to have no idea what the series creator was talking about. When asked about Seinfeld’s comments in an interview with the Guardian, she candidly responded, "Yeah, I just saw last night. And I don’t know what the hell he’s talking about.”

• 5 months later...

If you watched the Curb finale you now know what Seinfeld was talking about. :thumbdown:

On 10/18/2023 at 6:51 PM, NOTW said:

Agree. Watched the trailer. Just leave it alone. Make new shows & characters 

Actually is wasn't that bad, not as good as the original though