Xavier Legette (WR, South Carolina) -- DRAFTED BY CAROLINA #32

HazletonEagle

Xavier Legette is having a breakout year after very little production. Hes a guy who his coaches say has worked his butt off to improve his game dramatically.

He is a physical freak. Some compare to DK Metcalf. I say he is a super fast version of AJ Brown.

I dont think we use a 1st round pick on a WR but I just have to get this thread started. Maybe there is the slimmest of chances since it kind of makes sense to have a plan in place for when we probably cant/dont give an older AJ Brown a huge contract when hes really a guy who cant afford to lose a step.

Legette is listed at 6'3'' 227lbs and has supposedly been clocked at nearly 23mph. 

Knocks- late bloomer, and older prospect. He is a super senior.

As a senior though, he returned kickoffs for a school record 29.4 yard average. He also won South Carolina's Toughness award. 

Watch his speed destroy angles on this RAC

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Yes. This is a deep crop of WRs if nothing else. If he falls to the 2nd should consider.

Ive sorta soured on him a bit because Ive noticed he seems to round off a lot of routes. I think hes going to take some developing to be as good as he can be.

At some point the attributes become too intriguing to pass. But there is so much talent in this draft... a guy like Brendan Rice 6'3'' and hit 23mph on GPS is being projected in mid rounds. I think he will end up in round 2 potentially ahead of LeGette. Troy Franklin is 6'3'' and looks like he has DeSean Jackson speed. Hes consistently mocked behind Legette and I think Id take Franklin before him.

There are really, really good high floor guys like McConkey, and Ricky Pearsall....

I guess Id rank Legette right before guys like AD Mitchell and Xavier Worthy.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:58 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Ive sorta soured on him a bit because Ive noticed he seems to round off a lot of routes. I think hes going to take some developing to be as good as he can be.

At some point the attributes become too intriguing to pass. But there is so much talent in this draft... a guy like Brendan Rice 6'3'' and hit 23mph on GPS is being projected in mid rounds. I think he will end up in round 2 potentially ahead of LeGette. Troy Franklin is 6'3'' and looks like he has DeSean Jackson speed. Hes consistently mocked behind Legette and I think Id take Franklin before him.

There are really, really good high floor guys like McConkey, and Ricky Pearsall....

I guess Id rank Legette right before guys like AD Mitchell and Xavier Worthy.

We already have two beasts... they could try to develop a guy for once.

53 minutes ago, judunno said:

We already have two beasts... they could try to develop a guy for once.

We could use a 3rd WR. Especially if we get a QB guru to fix Hurts and he would actually throw to a WR3.

There are developmental prospects needed, but not in round 1 or early round 2. Ill take a stud slot like McConkey, Ricky Pearsall, or Jalen McMillan. Or a stud to put in the slot till AJ Brown is gone like Brendan Rice or Troy Franklin.

5 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

We could use a 3rd WR. Especially if we get a QB guru to fix Hurts and he would actually throw to a WR3.

There are developmental prospects needed, but not in round 1 or early round 2. Ill take a stud slot like McConkey, Ricky Pearsall, or Jalen McMillan. Or a stud to put in the slot till AJ Brown is gone like Brendan Rice or Troy Franklin.

This guy isn't going early round 2. This WR class is deep as hell. They need to come away with one at least I agree.

4 minutes ago, judunno said:

This guy isn't going early round 2. This WR class is deep as hell. They need to come away with one at least I agree.

Im not sure he wont be in round 1. For me, its a no (that early). But teams might fall in love with his h/w/s package and figure they can scheme him open and develop him. 

More cooling for me. Doesnt look good through 2 days of senior bowl practice. And a huge part of the draw was his height/weight/speed but now he only measured at 6'1''.

1 hour ago, HazletonEagle said:

More cooling for me. Doesnt look good through 2 days of senior bowl practice. And a huge part of the draw was his height/weight/speed but now he only measured at 6'1''.

That changes things a bit, 6'3" 220lb+.... to 6'1" ???lbs.

5 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

That changes things a bit, 6'3" 220lb+.... to 6'1" ???lbs.

Certainly the DK Metcalf comps now have to go away.  He's not even quite as big as AJ Brown either. 

Looks like Brendan Rice is still the same size...

• Like 1

• 2 months later...