Lane Johnson - Eagles MVP

Procus

Well folks, we saw it last year when Johnson was out, Eagles lost 2 of 3.  Look at today.  The Eagles are not a good team without Johnson in there.  Plain and simple.

• Like 4

Been like this for the last 10 years, when Lane doesn't play the eagles really struggle 

Should put to bed this notion from pundits and talking heads that Lane is overrated and a product of having a mobile QB that doesnt take sacks 

Lane is the best RT in the game has been for a while now.

Meanwhile Driscoll might be the worst OL in the league, he was that bad today 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

Yep. 

Offense was brutal today. 14 rushes by a RB??!?!  WTF coaches.

It was mind boggling that we almost completely abandoned the run so early

• Like 1

Just now, LacesOut said:

Hopefully he's not out for too long. Opposing Defense's might destroy that right side of the OL.

Flashbacks of Winston Justice 😭😭

It is frustrating that it seems like every season he’s out. They really need to find a viable backup, because he’s probably going to need to play. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Utebird said:

Been like this for the last 10 years, when Lane doesn't play the eagles really struggle 

Should put to bed this notion from pundits and talking heads that Lane is overrated and a product of having a mobile QB that doesnt take sacks 

Lane is the best RT in the game has been for a while now.

Meanwhile Driscoll might be the worst OL in the league, he was that bad today 

Driscoll was brutal when he came in, but I don't know what else we can do, your back up tackle is one of those you're not going to upgrade mid season, anyone you could pick up in trade is going to be no better than Driscoll or way too expensive for a back up.  Taylor Lewan and Ja'Wuan James are both still free agents but they're both coming off major injuries and would take weeks to get up to speed so would only make sense if Lane's injury was long term.

27 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Driscoll was brutal when he came in, but I don't know what else we can do, your back up tackle is one of those you're not going to upgrade mid season, anyone you could pick up in trade is going to be no better than Driscoll or way too expensive for a back up.  Taylor Lewan and Ja'Wuan James are both still free agents but they're both coming off major injuries and would take weeks to get up to speed so would only make sense if Lane's injury was long term.

I think we drafted a rookie that played solely RT right?  Put him in, can't be ANY worse than Driscoll.....that was just not good to watch.

I think what all of this demonstrates is that as great as Kelce is, and even though he gets the lion's share of attention on that OL, if it came down to the two of them, Lane Johnson is the one who belongs in the HOF.  The Eagles could survive Kelce's absence.  History shows the team can not win when LJ is out.

2 hours ago, Procus said:

I think what all of this demonstrates is that as great as Kelce is, and even though he gets the lion's share of attention on that OL, if it came down to the two of them, Lane Johnson is the one who belongs in the HOF.  The Eagles could survive Kelce's absence.  History shows the team can not win when LJ is out.

Both are great, both will be in the HOF, both are sorely missed when gone.

Lane has missed a lot of games. Kelce has never missed a start.  You've never had to really see what happens when Kelce is out.  

• Like 1

Remember when he was out and Brooks would suddenly not play well?

Honestly don't want to imagine what the line would look like without Kelce since he does more than just play center

7 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Not sure if Fred Johnson can play on the right side but if he could I'd play him over Driscoll.

He's bigger, longer and more physical and has a really good camp