Mostert wants out of SF

hputenis

From this year's "100 facts" by Matthew Berry

Which player do you want?

"Running Back A" is an absolute fantasy football scoring machine, the second-best RB in the NFL in rushes per touchdown. His 12 rushing touchdowns in his final nine games last season led the NFL during that span and he was second in rushing yards, scoring more fantasy points than even Christian McCaffrey. A big play waiting to happen, he led all RBs (minimum 100 carries) in percentage of rushes that went for five-plus yards and 10-plus yards last season. He ran behind a great offensive line (he was second among RBs in yards per rush before first contact) and he was tough to bring down when you finally got to him (he was top 10 among RBs in yards per rush after first contact). He's the starting running back on one of the best running teams in the NFL, a squad that is top five in the league in both rush percentage and red zone rush percentage, so it's exciting to think about how much he'll get fed since he was fourth best among RBs (minimum 100 carries) in fantasy points per touch. Running Back A is sure to be a centerpiece on many fantasy championship teams this season.

"Running Back B" was third on his own team last season in red zone carries and is more of a career special-teams player than fantasy asset at running back. At best a situational player, he had only three games last season with more than 12 touches, and in 16 games last season he had just six goal-to-go carries (compared to 21 for the other running backs on his team), showing that his team had a lack of faith in him near the goal line. Speaking of those other running backs, our guy is on the wrong side of a committee situation, as there were two other RBs on his team last season who averaged more carries per game and three other running backs on his team who had more receptions. And that's despite the fact that Running Back B was the only RB on his team to play all 16 games last season. He was nonexistent in the passing game (just 1.4 targets per game, and he had zero or one catch in 12 of 16 games) and is now 28 years old. His own team wouldn't even commit to him on the field last season, so why should you?

So, which player do you want?

Understand that every single stat I mentioned above about each player is 100% true.

They are going in the same round in ESPN leagues.

You just read almost 400 words about two players, so I would expect you to have at least a leaning toward one of these guys over the other.

So the draft clock is winding down ... gotta make a call ... five seconds left. Which player do you want?

Before you answer, you should know one more fact about each guy.

Running Back A's name is Raheem Mostert.

Oh, and I should also mention this.

Running Back B's name is ... also Raheem Mostert.

My point being:  I'm not that shocked.  He WAY out produced his utilization last year.

• Like 1

That’s an awesome article about RBs in general.  The production they got out of him at that salary is criminal.....but genius. 

• Like 2

Yoooo, this guy is interesting as hell.  I'm looking at his stats sheet.  ~9 attempts per game, 5.6 yards per carry, 8 TDs.  I'd get him in a heartbeat.  He's the perfect complement to Miles.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, EricAllenPick6 said:

Yoooo, this guy is interesting as hell.  I'm looking at his stats sheet.  ~9 attempts per game, 5.6 yards per carry, 8 TDs.  I'd get him in a heartbeat.  He's the perfect complement to Miles.

sure, but the reason we're talking about him at all is bc he wants out bc SF doesn't want to pay him. Are you saying Howie should do that? In this day and age of RBs being a dime a dozen and we have our own up and coming three down guy? 

• Like 1