Patrick Surtain II (CB, Broncos) - Potential Trade?

Portyansky

17 minutes ago, Portyansky said:

Not sure how it would work, Bradberry to slot? Seems like a waste of Bradberry. Probably a bs story

FB_IMG_1697724609448.jpg

A friend sent me the same. Does he play nickel or S?

Otherwise could be a DRC/Nnamdi/Asante remake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Portyansky said:

Not sure how it would work, Bradberry to slot? Seems like a waste of Bradberry. Probably a bs story

FB_IMG_1697724609448.jpg

The bigger question is the price, they apparently wanted a 1st to even entertain trading Jeudy, who's not been as advertised,  Surtain is a 2021 top ten pick that made all pro last year, and still has a year on his rookie deal after this, if we take Jalen Ramsey as an example, when he was traded to the Rams he was due a big extension, the Jags still asked and received two 1sts and a 4th, so that's your minimum starting point for Surtain, Ramsey became the best paid defensive back in NFL history with 5 years, $105million, $71million guaranteed his first full season at the Rams, so you're looking for at least that in terms of cap at a time when other big bills are going to come due (Dickerson and Smith are both going to be upper end for their position off the top of my head).

Surtain is a great player, absolutely no doubt, but for the draft capital that's a deal I'd really need to sit down and think about.

• Like 2

There’s no way I believe that story. Surtain is legit and he’d be a great addition. I also believe he’s available because Denver should be in sale mode but I don’t see them giving up much. Plus CB isn’t a huge need.

I don't believe that story either. All the earlier reports were "anybody but Surtain." If it were true, we could justify the draft pick cost because we really need to address CB early in one of the next two drafts and Surtain is proven at the NFL level. 

On 10/19/2023 at 12:47 PM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

There’s no way I believe that story. Surtain is legit and he’d be a great addition. I also believe he’s available because Denver should be in sale mode but I don’t see them giving up much. Plus CB isn’t a huge need.

CB is absolutely a need. Both Bradberry and Slay are on the wrong side of 30 and Slay in particular is clearly in decline.

On 10/19/2023 at 10:13 AM, Portyansky said:

FB_IMG_1697724609448.jpg

Bradberry is terrible in the slot.

On 10/20/2023 at 2:33 PM, nipples said:

CB is absolutely a need. Both Bradberry and Slay are on the wrong side of 30 and Slay in particular is clearly in decline.

They'll probably draft a CB or 2 to learn under Slay. If anything get a DE to replace Barnett and Graham... (BURNS!!!!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judunno said:

They'll probably draft a CB or 2 to learn under Slay. If anything get a DE to replace Barnett and Graham... (BURNS!!!!)

What do you think that'd cost

3 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

What do you think that'd cost

They were asking for two 1sts last year rumor has it. Since he's on an expiring contract that needs a re-up and they are 0-6 maybe a 2nd and some change will do it? Give em Barnett while we're at it :)

7 minutes ago, judunno said:

They were asking for two 1sts last year rumor has it. Since he's on an expiring contract that needs a re-up and they are 0-6 maybe a 2nd and some change will do it? Give em Barnett while we're at it 🙂

I've seen mock trades saying a 24 1st and change but Car def has less leverage now.  I'd offer the Saints 2 but if we get him we may be able to start planning a parade

13 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I've seen mock trades saying a 24 1st and change but Car def has less leverage now.  I'd offer the Saints 2 but if we get him we may be able to start planning a parade

Saints pick should be a high 2nd.

9 minutes ago, judunno said:

Saints pick should be a high 2nd.

You think that's too much?

9 minutes ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

I don't think so... especially with the high possibility that Barnett and Graham are done after this year with the Eagles.

10 minutes ago, judunno said:

I don't think so... especially with the high possibility that Barnett and Graham are done after this year with the Eagles.

True. Well hopefully Howie has a little more magic up his sleeve. Burns on this roster would be almost unfair to the league 

Surtain is an incredible Corner who's still on his rookie deal ... I would "easily" give up 2 likely late 1st's for him, but he's going to likely command top 3 CB money after 2024. If Howie thinks he can find a way to work that kinf=d of money under the future year's cap then I would be all in. The question however would be ... who do you move out of the starting spot should Surtain be acquired? assuming Bradbury to the slot, but he did not look comfortable at all there. 

On 10/25/2023 at 12:53 AM, NJWolverEagle11 said:

He's under his rookie contract through '24 and they can take up the 5th year option on top of that,  Jalen Ramsey was already in the 4th year of his rookie deal when he got 2 firsts and a 4th, Denver aren't giving us Patrick Surtain for a single high second, Howie can get a deal, but he'd have to have to have verified video of the entire Bronco's front office in an orgy, snorting coke off gay hookers to swing that deal.

2 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

He's under his rookie contract through '24 and they can take up the 5th year option on top of that,  Jalen Ramsey was already in the 4th year of his rookie deal when he got 2 firsts and a 4th, Denver aren't giving us Patrick Surtain for a single high second, Howie can get a deal, but he'd have to have to have verified video of the entire Bronco's front office in an orgy, snorting coke off gay hookers to swing that deal.

We were talking bout Brian Burns of Carolina lol

3 hours ago, NJWolverEagle11 said:

We were talking bout Brian Burns of Carolina lol

Looks like Burns wants 30 million per year. Nevermind :)

• 3 weeks later...

Eagles, 49ers tried trading for Broncos star Patrick Surtain before 2023 deadline, per reports

These NFC contenders don't sit on their hands

Both the Eagles and 49ers acquired new defensive starters ahead of the 2023 NFL trade deadline this October. But before that, they both had their eyes on the same target: star Broncos cornerback Patrick Surtain II.

San Francisco inquired about Surtain while shopping for a big-name upgrade at either pass rusher or cornerback, ESPN reported Sunday, and the Eagles also pursued a potential Surtain trade, according to NBC Sports. Not only that, but apparently both NFC contenders were "concerned that the other would end up" finalizing a deal for the All-Pro cover man.

Ultimately, seven different teams called the Broncos about Surtain, per ESPN, with three making official trade offers. But Denver kept the 2021 first-round draft pick, who earned his first Pro Bowl nod a year ago. The 23-year-old Surtain may have fetched multiple premium draft picks if he were dealt, but Broncos coach Sean Payton repeatedly insisted his team wasn't looking to sell.

The 49ers, who reportedly also inquired about Bears corner Jaylon Johnson, ended up dealing a third-round pick to the Commanders for pass rusher Chase Young, who reunited with Ohio State teammate Nick Bosa in his San Francisco debut on Sunday. The Eagles, meanwhile, acquired former All-Pro safety Kevin Byard from the Titans for a package including two late-round picks. The two teams are a combined 3-0 since making their deadline deals.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eagles-49ers-tried-trading-for-broncos-star-patrick-surtain-before-2023-deadline-per-reports/