The 2024 Phillies Offseason Thread - Clean Slate Edition

iladelphxx

they have to make some decisions if jt and nick are going to be what they are, might as well, get rid of them and fix the bullpen which we need a legit closer, this wouldnt be a popular idea but get some stopgap via trade or fa pitchers depending on if our youth pitchers is ready, i wouldnt throw money at nola, too inconsistent.

if i learned anything from the dbacks, we have to focus on the pitching in this offseason and try to grind these teams out because outhitting them will not win championships.

I like the starting 8..... jt is a concern due to age and the position.

All pitching is a concern.

We do not need a FA in the field..... just FA arms.

1 hour ago, toughfighter83 said:

they have to make some decisions if jt and nick are going to be what they are, might as well, get rid of them and fix the bullpen which we need a legit closer, this wouldnt be a popular idea but get some stopgap via trade or fa pitchers depending on if our youth pitchers is ready, i wouldnt throw money at nola, too inconsistent.

if i learned anything from the dbacks, we have to focus on the pitching in this offseason and try to grind these teams out because outhitting them will not win championships.

How are they going to get rid of underperforming superstars with guaranteed contracts?  I’m not seeing it…

18 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

How are they going to get rid of underperforming superstars with guaranteed contracts?  I’m not seeing it…

JT isn't going anywhere, I agree. NC I could see being traded to an offensive needy team. He has 3/60 left on his contract so it's not a horrible contract to take on. Did his play in the NLCS decrease his value? Who knows how other GM's look at things like that.  

• Like 1

All of them started trying to hit HRs.... this is why I was saying they need a manager that is in charge..... not a players friend.

A guy in charge would get them to just freaking hit it and keep the line moving.....just hit and take the RBIs anyway you can.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Steve 17 said:

All of them started trying to hit HRs.... this is why I was saying they need a manager that is in charge..... not a players friend.

A guy in charge would get them to just freaking hit it and keep the line moving.....just hit and take the RBIs anyway you can.

For most of games 6 and 7, most of them could have stood up there without swinging even once and would have gotten a walk.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Dave Moss said:

NC in games 2-7

IMG_0362.jpeg

what a disaster 

And remember, people were saying Thompson is an idiot because he wouldn’t move him (& Realmuto) up in the lineup to protect Harper in the NLCS…

1 hour ago, Imp81318 said:

And remember, people were saying Thompson is an idiot because he wouldn’t move him (& Realmuto) up in the lineup to protect Harper in the NLCS…

Jt could’ve been moved up. He hit .260 in the series and only one game he didn’t have a hit. Add on for the season against the dbacks he hit 15-47 (.319) in 14 games against them with 3 HRs and 12 RBIs

15 hours ago, Khani1 said:

For most of games 6 and 7, most of them could have stood up there without swinging even once and would have gotten a walk.

Right..... no accountability .... when you have a players manager.

Dbacks pitchers knew these guys would swing at stuff in the next zip code.

A strong manager would have stopped that garbage in April.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Khani1 said:

I said the exact same thing....and after game 6....you'd think they would have absolutely learned and said I'm not swinging at that crap, let's get a ton of baserunners on until they start pitching to us.  I mean Jesus did they crap the bed.

5 hours ago, toughfighter83 said:

if nola leaves, who would be your replacement?

Blake Snell is a Free Agent. 

You also have trade targets like Burnes from Milwaukee, Cease from Chi Sox, Gilbert from Seattle 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Harper wants an extension, which I thought was stupid until I saw what Ohtani is getting.

8 minutes ago, Dave Moss said:

Harper wants an extension, which I thought was stupid until I saw what Ohtani is getting.

Damm

Screenshot_20231209-152335.png

• Like 1

Bobby Bonilla 2.0 , I hope the dodgers and their **** fans endure decades of pain

If there wasn’t another reason to hate the dodgers that much more than I already do, they go and do something like this. I hope they fail miserably for the next decade.