The Beatles release first 'new' song in 27 years

iladelphxx

So when they recorded Free As A Bird and Real Love back in the early 90s, there was a third track called Now And Then that they tried to record but the audio quality of John's tape was so poor that they couldn't isolate the vocal from the piano so they scrapped it. 

Fast forward to the editing sessions for Peter Jackson's Get Back documentary where Peter used AI and Machine Learning to clean up the Let It Be tapes so well that Paul and Ringo asked him to give John's demo tape a shot. It worked, and they added the original guitar parts Harrison recorded in 1994, so all 4 members played on the track. 

The process and results are in the video below, as well as the official music video. 

• Like 3

Someone ran the vocals for Free As A Bird and Real Love 

I think Free As A Bird sounds better, but Real Love doesn't. 

I'd definitely like to see a more professional attempt at each though. 

I'd really be curious to see if this starts becoming a thing with old 4 and 8 track masters.... If they're able to really create true multitrack recordings of old records and clean them up. 

• Like 1

I watched the 12 minute documentary on HBO (now I see its been posted here). Really cool how they put it together. Love that we got a new Beatles song. There will never be another band like them. 

• Like 1