NFL analyst: “big news coming” for the Philadelphia Eagles

UK_EaglesFan89

NFL analyst: "big news coming” for the Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia Eagles: NFL analyst teases big offseason news.

No matter what time of the year it is, the Philadelphia Eagles always seem to find their way into the national media’s spotlight. With offseason rumors flying left and right, one prominent NFL analyst has reportedly heard talk of the Eagles making a move as early as this week. Stating that Philadelphia "could get a lot better in mid-July”, Fox Sports/NFL Network football analyst Brian Baldinger tweeted that he’s been hearing "whispers of big news dropping soon.

While it’s more than possible that the media is just drumming up a story to generate some clicks during a down time in sports news, Baldinger is normally known to be pretty reliable and accurate when it comes to football-related information. With that said, it seems reasonable to assume that Baldinger is referring to some sort of signing/trade acquisition that Howie Roseman is closing in on. There are a few different players out there that could be sparking a story like this.

The big names everyone will be quick to jump to are of course that of Jamal Adams, Yannick Ngakoue, and Jadeveon Clowney. Both Adams and Ngakoue have publicly requested trades in recent weeks, and both have highlighted the Philadelphia Eagles as desired landing spots.

On the other hand, Clowney is arguably the highest impact free agent still available on the market, and while he didn’t seem like a great fit for the Eagles initially, it appears he’s starting to soften his stance on coming to the city of brotherly love. Not only has he reportedly turned down multiple large contracts from "worse” teams, but NFL insider John Clayton even reported that Clowney is "going to be interested” in signing with Philadelphia on a one-year deal.

There’s also a chance that Howie Roseman and the Philadelphia Eagles did something to address their offensive line. Brandon Brooks tore his achilles just a few weeks ago, which leaves the team with a glaring hole at right guard. Jason Peters and Larry Warford are both still free agents, and there are were some rumors circulating linking the Eagles to Patriots guard Joe Thuney.

Other moves that Baldinger could be alluding to are simply post-draft depth additions that Roseman has become notorious for. Guys like LeSean McCoy, Everson Griffen, Isaiah Crowell, and Vinny Curry have all been heavily linked to the Eagles.

Fans would obviously prefer if Howie Roseman and the Eagles pulled off a splash signing, and added someone like Clowney or Adams, and it looks like Baldinger is playing up to that hype a bit. No matter what the "big news” is, it looks like the team will be gaining at least one new roster member later this week.

https://section215.com/2020/07/12/philadelphia-eagles-big-news-coming/

It's the dead season, it's even quieter than normal due to COVID-19 and the uncertainty there. This is definitely the media trying to raise a stir all for nothing. 

Warford, Clowney, Adams, or Ngakoue would all make a positive impact for 2020 but would make an already dreadful 2021 cap situation even worse. 

McCoy, Griffen, Crowell, or Curry certainly wouldn't be big news. 

I guess I'm in the minority, but I just don't want Peters back - let's move on

Ok - now we know, Peters was the news Baldy had the scoop on. 

It figures it would be offensive line related with Baldy calling it big news.  I don't know if I would qualify it as big news.  

8 minutes ago, CaliEagle said:

It figures it would be offensive line related with Baldy calling it big news.  I don't know if I would qualify it as big news.  

I don't think it does and I doubt many fans do either. Peters coming back feels like it was a given really.