Frank Reich, offensive consultant

Road to Victory

Rumors that Reich was just fired. I’m not sure what his contract says but I’m wondering if the Eagles can hire him as an offensive consultant like they did with Vic Fangio last year. 

We all know that he has a great relationship with Siri and maybe he can help Johnson with the game plan/play calling. 

2 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

Rumors that Reich was just fired. I’m not sure what his contract says but I’m wondering if the Eagles can hire him as an offensive consultant like they did with Vic Fangio last year. 

We all know that he has a great relationship with Siri and maybe he can help Johnson with the game plan/play calling. 

They should do this 100% BJ is obviously struggling - its the players making plays that are winning games, not his coaching or play calling.

• Like 3

100% on board with this, doesn't appear Reich is a good head coach but he's a good offensive mind that we could use to help Johnson/Siri with gameplanning/playcalling. 

I'd love for this to happen but at 10-1 they may not want to mess with what has been working so far.  

Also wondering if he doesn't end up in Jax under Doug.

47 minutes ago, time2rock said:

I'd love for this to happen but at 10-1 they may not want to mess with what has been working so far.  

I mean you're probably right....I suppose it has technically been "working" since we're winning, but you would think the Eagles would still be open to improving the team in any way possible.  I can't imagine Lurie, Howie, and Siri don't realize that a completely stacked, talented offense with Pro Bowlers everywhere shouldn't be barely miraculously winning nail biters every week. 

I'm down with this, but wouldn't it be kind of awkward since Siri used to report to Reich when he was at Indy?

2 hours ago, rrfierce said:

They should do this 100% BJ is obviously struggling - its the players making plays that are winning games, not his coaching or play calling.

Guessing you didn't see the beautiful red zone calls and the awesome pass off of the slip screen look.

36 minutes ago, [TSM]_PimpDaddyPain said:

I mean you're probably right....I suppose it has technically been "working" since we're winning, but you would think the Eagles would still be open to improving the team in any way possible.  I can't imagine Lurie, Howie, and Siri don't realize that a completely stacked, talented offense with Pro Bowlers everywhere shouldn't be barely miraculously winning nail biters every week. 

I definitely do not disagree with any of that ... not even in the slightest.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I think it’s the same situation with the defense as last year. The defense was breaking sack records and at times looked dominant. But I think most fans didn’t believe in Gannon and the defense much like no one believes in Johnson and the offense this year. They brought in Fangio last year so I don’t think they’re afraid to make a move like this, especially with Siri’s respect for Reich.

No thanks. To me it’s become apparent that Doug really was the one primarily responsible for that championship when you look at what each has done since leaving Philly. 

Maybe he can help Brian Johnson and Hurts develop. Lord knows they both need a lot of development. 

• Like 1