Zach Ertz (TE, Lions) - SIGNED WITH WASHINGTON

Talon

I’d bring him back in I think. Even with Goedert nearly ready to return we are so thin at TE. And it’s not like any of our TEs have remotely stepped up in the passing game in Goederts absence.

11 hours ago, Godfather said:

Balt will claim him

On season's record they'd be #30 in waiver order,  one of the NFL reporters said Ertz contract till the end of the year is North of 2.5million, realistically if he got as far as Baltimore on the waiver order he'll clear waivers, because we couldn't afford his current contract, they'll take their chances.

One team that does stand out to me as a big possibility is Miami, they are contending and they have absolute nobodies at Tight End as it stands.

2 hours ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

One team that does stand out to me as a big possibility is Miami, they are contending and they have absolute nobodies at Tight End as it stands.

Their TE's are predominantly run blockers in the scheme, it's why Gesicki (who was great as a pass catching TE in the slot) was phased out and let go. They won't go for Ertz since he isn't a great run blocking TE. 

I hate to say it, because I love what Ertz did here, but this probably doesn't make sense for the Eagles, especially as it sounds like Goedert will be back next week at the latest.

He can't play special teams and never really was a good run blocker. At this point he has limited use as a pass catcher, so I kind of think it is best to leave it for the Eagles. We already have Julio Jones and I think Ertz would be pretty similar in respect of what he brings. (Johnson would probably throw screens to him on 3rd and 16)

Can he be a possession type backup TE? I think he can. The Eagles could use the depth at that position. I'd prefer signing a fully healthy Shaq Leonard (assuming he is fully healthy), but if that's not happening, Bringing Ertz back isn't a bad idea. Time will tell.

14 hours ago, xxeaglesfanxx said:

Can he play defense? A backup TE is not the missing piece for this team.

Anything that could help the offense helps the defense. We're not getting many upgrades on D at this point of the season. Offense needs to be dominant to offset the defense at this stage.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if the Eagles are/were even interested in signing with him, but if they are and he just chose not to come back then F him. Don't want him.

Considering he hasn't signed anywhere I would say he isn't 100% coming off the injury 

On 12/30/2023 at 3:37 PM, Hawkeye said:

Zero interest from the Eagles or anyone else.  Godspeed, Zack.  

On 12/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, Mat said:

Considering he hasn't signed anywhere I would say he isn't 100% coming off the injury 

Yep, there is still a chance that he could be helpful somewhere next year, removed from injury. There is also the possibility that’s it for Ertz. If so he had a great career.

On 12/30/2023 at 3:19 PM, nipples said:

Not sure if the Eagles are/were even interested in signing with him, but if they are and he just chose not to come back then F him. Don't want him.

On 12/30/2023 at 6:40 PM, Godfather said:

F that guy 

A little harsh, no? It's not just the Eagles. Several teams, including both #1 seeds, were said to be interested in him then passed. It looks like he's simply at the end of the road.  

On 1/2/2024 at 3:44 PM, Hawkeye said:

A little harsh, no? It's not just the Eagles. Several teams, including both #1 seeds, were said to be interested in him then passed. It looks like he's simply at the end of the road.  

Honestly, idc about his washed-up arse. I just want Julie's fine arse back