Week 14 Discussion

GroundAttack

TNF started with a Patriots win on the road in Pittsburgh.

The Cardinals and Commanders are on bye weeks.

Big NFC South matchup between the Bucs and Falcons.

The Lions who are still battling for the 1 seed are on the road against the Bears.

Indy who has won 4 in a row face the Bengals.

Cleveland still fighting for a playoff spot are at home against the AFC south leading Jaguars.

New Orleans is at home against the 1-11 Panthers.

Another AFC team in the thick of the playoff picture, the Texans are on the road against the Jets.

In Baltimore, the Ravens battle another .500 team, the Rams.

Justin Jefferson is set to return for the Vikings on the road against the Raiders.

San Francisco (9-3) hosts the Seattle Seahawks (6-6) on Sunday with a chance to clinch a playoff berth this week with a win and a loss by either Minnesota or Green Bay.

Big AFC game for the Bills as they are on the road in KC.

Denver is on the road against the LA Chargers. The Chargers got their first shutout since 2017 last week and their defense has shown improvement over the last two weeks. However, Los Angeles has only one win this season when facing an opponent's primary starting quarterback.

SNF and a big one between the Eagles and Cowboys.

2 MNF games as the Titans play the Dolphins and the Packers play the Giants.

3 minutes ago, EaglesIreland said:

The vikings and raiders game is something else.

It's insane. Crazy bad. 

I guess whoever gets the first FG wins it. 🙃

4 minutes ago, LacesOut said:

It's insane. Crazy bad. 

I guess whoever gets the first FG wins it. 🙃

I’d hope the stadium beer supply was topped up because you’d need something to take the edge off.

I’ll tell you what… For years I used to watch the Niners with a group of friends who were all Niners fans. They used to call the Seahawks vermin… Well I’ll tell you what the times have changed. The Niners players and just scum. What an unlikeable bunch they are.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, nipples said:

Mahomes has really turned into an insufferable whiner. 

Toney was offsides by a full Ron Jeremy.  Ok let's start there, it was egregious, i was yelling offsides before they even snapped it.  Mahomes entire spiel comes off as more and more entitled the further he digs in.  Like the refs can't call that because the Chiefs are so awesome?  WTf?  You want him to pick up the flag that was thrown at the snap, "hety sorry no penalty cuz Kelce is so rad!  Swifty 4 life!!!!".  Mahomes is tripping bad.

On 12/10/2023 at 7:43 PM, nipples said:

Mahomes has really turned into an insufferable whiner. 

He seems to forget that a questionable call by a Ref helped him win a Super Bowl. 

12 hours ago, LacesOut said:

He seems to forget that a questionable call by a Ref helped him win a Super Bowl. 

The greater point is that Kansas City is a Wild Card quality team that doesn't have the firepower to knock even middling opponents out.  So all of their games come down to close calls or a close play.  Unlike some other wild card contenders (Colts/Broncos) who know who they are, the Chiefs are not schematically or psychologically fit to deal with it.  Instead of playing for TOP and field position they keep taking shots to 50-50 WR's.  It's the old AR that we know and love, ramming his big play passing game against a wall instead of adjusting.

On 12/10/2023 at 6:39 PM, LacesOut said:

Chiefs vs. Bills is a good game.

Bronco72, you out there? Your team is making quite a run, stacking up some wins.

Still alive and around. Had elbow surgery back in October, right before the Broncos went on this run.

Been a long recovery with a few setbacks but am finally starting to get back into some normalcy. It was tough given it was my dominant arm.

At least they gave me something good to watch over the two months. 

Still got a hill to climb to get into the playoffs but at least they're in the hunt. If they can beat Detroit, they got a good chance at winning out. Didn't think that would be the case given how the year started.