Peter King to Philadelphia: 'Deep breath, good teams have bad stretches'

time2rock

Peter King to Philadelphia: 'Deep breath, good teams have bad stretches'

image.png.ac3df30ee74f73d900490708c37b713e.png

Peter King is particularly "disturbed" by the Eagles' defensive performance over their last three games, but he is not worried about the overall team and their talent level.

https://omny.fm/shows/joe-decamara-jon-ritchie/peter-king-joins-the-morning-team-to-talk-all-thin

"I think that everybody around the organization, and the team, and the city, probably just needs to take a deep breath and say, listen really, really good teams have bad stretches," King said on Thursday's 94WIP Morning Show. "There are reasons why they have bad stretches. But if you look at almost every year, with the exception of '07, every year the Patriots would go to the Super Bowl they had either a bad game or games, a bad stretch, and they recovered. I think the talent and the coaching and the administration of this franchise are good enough so that it's not going to ruin their season."

"It's disturbing that they've allowed 36 points a game over the last three weeks. It's disturbing that their opponents in the last three games have had 30 possessions and scored 19 times. That's going to get you beat in the first round of the playoffs, I don't care what seed you have, unless you score in the 40s all of the time—which you're not playing the Giants in the playoffs last year, all of the time.

"So many really good teams have bad stretches and over time, I don't necessarily want to say it's meaningless because it's meaningful. What's happened with the defense now is meaningful. However, this team is too good to be stuck in this rut and I don't think they're going to remain to be stuck in this rut."

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/peter-king-philadelphia-eagles-fans-94wip-team-good-playoffs

• Like 1

He’s not entirely wrong. This is not a bad team. This is a good team that will bounce back and will win more games this year. But I think actually the concern is more around what this team can achieve. I think we all hoped and believed that this team was a red hot SB contender and had a great chance to win the lot. But I think the last couple of weeks have shown that this team is going to need a lot of luck to do that.

Talented teams that are poorly coached do not perform up to capability.

The eagles had 2 first time coordinators for a super bowl team........it was a gamble and they blew it.  Johnson has been abysmal and is getting worse.  And the eagles aren't doing anything to change it.  It's going to cost them a super bowl run.

And the person to blame is Sirianni.  He always talks about getting better every day..does that only mean the players?  Because it sure doesn't apply to the coaching staff.