Juju Smith-Schuster (WR, Patriots. Under contract through 2025) - Potential free agent if released

Wallyhorse

Time to bring this up again:

I suspect he'll be released after the season by the Pats  He could be available on the cheap and be a viable third WR (behind Brown and Smith of course).  I seriously doubt his skills have diminished that much, especially given how pitiful the Pats offense has been as a whole this season (that January 8 meeting with the Jets at the rate things are going could be the first 0-0 tie at least in the overtime era). 

36 minutes ago, Godfather said:

This upcoming draft is loaded at WR. Rather draft a guy

I'm sure the Eagles will take some WRs in the draft as well. Schuster, however, could be a cheap veteran addition.  

Smith Schuster spent all last off season saying he wanted to stay with the Chiefs, was offered a contract and then moved to Patriots for about $5million more guaranteed money, he obviously doesn't care about rings or numbers, so why would he be cheap?

44 minutes ago, Cochis_Calhoun said:

Smith Schuster spent all last off season saying he wanted to stay with the Chiefs, was offered a contract and then moved to Patriots for about $5million more guaranteed money, he obviously doesn't care about rings or numbers, so why would he be cheap?

He wasn't even active this past week, a healthy scratch.  I suspect this will be a reality check for him.

On 12/18/2023 at 6:31 AM, Wallyhorse said:

He wasn't even active this past week, a healthy scratch.  I suspect this will be a reality check for him.

I suspect he's done.

On 12/23/2023 at 11:30 AM, nipples said:

I suspect he sucks. Hard pass. 

I'm looking at him for the vet minimum.  

On 12/17/2023 at 5:42 PM, Wallyhorse said:

Time to bring this up again:

I suspect he'll be released after the season by the Pats  He could be available on the cheap and be a viable third WR (behind Brown and Smith of course).  I seriously doubt his skills have diminished that much, especially given how pitiful the Pats offense has been as a whole this season (that January 8 meeting with the Jets at the rate things are going could be the first 0-0 tie at least in the overtime era). 

If Hurts doesn't throw to 3rd WRs, who cares who it is?   Hurts goes thru his progressions too slow and until that improves, which it hasn't all season, a decent 3rd WR won't make a difference.