time2rock

Bad

Posted: December 19th, 2023 | Author: Tommy Lawlor

I hate the Eagles.

I hate the Seahawks.

I hate Pete Carroll.

I hate Jalen Hurts.

I hate James Bradberry.

In case you didn’t know, Seattle beat the Eagles 20-17. We can officially stop with any talk of the Super Bowl and top seeds. We’re a week from Christmas and the Eagles have yet to win a game in the month of December. This team isn’t getting better. They continue to make the same mistakes, while not making the key plays to counter them.

Jalen Hurts toughed it out and played despite being sick. He ran for 82 yards and 2 TDs and did some really good things. But he also threw a pair of horrible INTs. Those picks were the difference in the game. Inexcusable mistakes. He has got to quit forcing the ball down the field. Those plays worked in 2022. Unfortunately it is 2023.

James Bradberry is doing his best Toast Jenkins impression. He was so good last year, but gets burned over and over this year. Good guy, bad player.

Matt Patricia’s defense actually played well for 58 minutes, giving up 205 yards and 13 points. Did I mention that NFL games are 60 minutes? Seattle got the ball at their own 8 with 1:52 left. They drove 92 yards in 1:24 for the winning TD. Bradberry was burned twice on the drive, once for 34 yards and then for 29 on the TD.

Ugh.

In a must win game, the Eagles made critical mistakes and lost. This team needed help to come up with tough wins vs DAL, KC and BUF. Seattle didn’t help the Eagles out. No turnovers. No terrible penalties late in the game. No dropped passes.

The magic of 2022 is completely gone.

There are three games left. The Eagles will be in the playoffs. But I have no idea what to expect from this team. They are too talented to be bad, but they are clearly flawed and it sure doesn’t feel like we can expect much from here on out. We’ll see.

This is an important time for Nick Sirianni. He needs to calm things down and keep this team together. Three losses in a row and lots of odd things going on means there will be a ton of criticism. Sirianni can’t get defensive. He’s got to have the right messaging, internally and externally. Sirianni built up a ton of goodwill for two and a half years, but the last three weeks have burned through some of that.

A weird season got weirder tonight.

And a lot less fun.

http://igglesblitz.com/2023/12/bad/

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, time2rock said:

This team isn’t getting better.

This is the reality. We aren’t getting better and things aren’t going to miraculously turn around. Why? Because what we are seeing now has been there all year. It’s just now the wins aren’t papering over the cracks.

5-4 in their last 9 games...with 3 nail biting wins.  

The offensive talent has been sacrificed to protect brian johnson for some ridiculous reason. The defensive line has grossly underperformed exposing a deteriorating defensive backfield and LB corps.

It's clear they don't know how to fix these issues or they wouldn't have sacrificed a 1st round by and possibly the division.  When Sirianni was 2-5 in his first year, they turned to the run game and power football and made the playoffs.  Now, they tippy toe thru series after series with bad playcalling and not using all the talent on offense.  

"Hold my breath as I wish for death
Oh please, God, wake me" 🎤.

I'm going to go on the record and say they're going to be ok. Seattle played a good game and got a little help. Better they get their lumps in now before the playoffs. They've been high on their farts getting lucky every week until this skid. Now there's no denying the effort level needs to rise, on both sides. They can't just turn it on in the 4th quarter and steal wins week in and week out.

Heck if there's no 1 seed or home field at some point just start resting guys and get the youngsters some snaps. Go birds.