DeCamara likens Nick Sirianni's lack of adjustments to Chip Kelly

time2rock

DeCamara likens Nick Sirianni's lack of adjustments to Chip Kelly

image.png.1c4d89c8233cdf469b4bd83dd59ee63f.png

Joe DeCamara is comparing Nick Sirianni's lack of offensive adjustments this season to Chip Kelly's 2015 6-9 season with the Philadelphia Eagles.

LISTEN HERE --> https://omny.fm/shows/joe-decamara-jon-ritchie/has-the-eagles-spirit-been-broken

"I am so convinced much of it is scheme," DeCamara said on Tuesday's 94WIP Morning Show. "I don't remember all the offensive lineman. You had Kelce, you had Lane Johnson, I mean you had the parts that had been a really good line in '13 and '14—you didn't have Evan Mathis, I know that. But my point is, is that what worked for two years no longer worked and Chip kept doing the same thing. And I feel this is a total repeat. What worked for two years is no longer working and the coach does not make an adjustment. To me, that is the most basic reality. Now, there is more to it than that, but I think that is the heart of the issue on offense."

After a dominant 2022 campaign where Sirianni led the Eagles to a 14-3 record and a Super Bowl appearance, Philadelphia has seemingly regressed and have become offensively stagnant, losing four of their last five games.

In three of the four losses, the Eagles have failed to score 20 points.

In 2015, after back to back 10-6 seasons and explosive offenses, Kelly's Eagles regressed and went 6-9 in through 15 games and Kelly was fired before the season ended.

DeCamara asked Sirianni on Tuesday's 94WIP Morning Show if the third-year Eagles' head coach was worried about his job.

"No, I don't think about those things," Sirianni said on Tuesday's 94WIP Morning Show. "I try to stay where we are right now."

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/nick-sirianni-chip-kelly-offense-struggle-eagles-coach-fire