Eric Bieniemy (OC, Commanders) -- HIRED BY UCLA

Road to Victory

Doubt we could get him since he’ll probably get hired as a Head Coach but Washington is going to purge that coaching staff so he might be available. 

• Like 1

Yup, this is who I wanted instead of Nick. 

Don't think he'll want to make a lateral move though, so bring him in as HC. 

Speaking of Washington coaches being let go, looks like Ron Rivera is going to be out as the HC.

There's a very good chance that Bieniemy coaches elsewhere next season whether it be a HC or OC. I don't think Josh Harris is going to keep many of the current coaches, he's probably going to bring in his own guys.

The Eagles missed out on Vic Fangio and Jim Schwartz last offseason by focusing their DC search on young up and coming types. Perhaps the concept of Howie/Lurie wanting "coaches they can control" has truth to it, even going down to the coordinator level so their options were limited from the beginning?

Definitely a pipedream, as I anticipate Ron Rivera will retire after Washington lets him go or look for a HC job, but what if the Eagles were able to somehow convince him to come back to Philly as a DC? He's one of the more well respected coaches in the league and this team needs someone with gravitas at both coordinator positions.

Not impressed with EB for HC... I don't think Washington will let him go as OC, new HC will keep him onboard, just my opinion

Didn't the Commanders offense stink? Like I know Howell isn't very good unless he is playing the Eagles, but they were pretty crap offensively and he was supposed to step out of Reid's shadow and turn that offense around. Easy pass. 

• Like 2

Hurts isn't Mahomes and Bienemy isn't AR.  I guess we can spend a few years learning that the hard way.

On 1/9/2024 at 9:49 AM, Mat said:

Didn't the Commanders offense stink? Like I know Howell isn't very good unless he is playing the Eagles, but they were pretty crap offensively and he was supposed to step out of Reid's shadow and turn that offense around. Easy pass. 

Bad offensive line, bad QB, and only one good receiver. 

On 1/4/2024 at 3:53 PM, Road to Victory said:

Doubt we could get him since he’ll probably get hired as a Head Coach but Washington is going to purge that coaching staff so he might be available. 

You might think about him as HC if they show Sirianni the door, he'll toughen up the entire team.