Cooper DeJean (CB, Iowa) -- DRAFTED BY EAGLES! #40

HazletonEagle

Iowa pro day tomorrow (3/18), time for Dejean to pick up some momentum.

Just checking in to see if this guy is still white and, if so, whether he’ll be converted into a safety 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Iowa pro day tomorrow (3/18), time for Dejean to pick up some momentum.

Word at the combine was that he isn't working out at the Iowa pro day.  He will have a day in early April. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Alphagrand said:

Just checking in to see if this guy is still white and, if so, whether he’ll be converted into a safety 

If he is white he will become a safety. If he is convincingly black,  he will be a CB at least as good a Patrick Peterson.

• Like 1

Just read that the Eagles are having him in for a top-30 visit (not new news, but new to me).

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

DeJean or Wiggins. I'd be happy. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Dejean and Wilson bring a combination of competence and playmaking ability that was sorely lacking last season, and have a tailored skillset to thrive within the Fangio system.  Dejean has the speed to carry vertical routes required in C4, experience to read route combinations/press and the shed/tacking ability to click and close on short game and outside zone (cough, 9ers). Wilson has the range and instincts to quickly spill to the sideline or chase down plays from the backside. In coverage he has the awareness to menace the middle of the field in zone and the athleticism to stick with TEs. As a blitzer Wilson finds the gaps in the pass blocking to get skinny and harass the QB… I’m sure if Jayden Daniel’s winds up on either WAS or NYG he could be a useful spy as well.

Pearsall has the tools to be a WR2 with Z / slot versatility and to get on the field immediately. Given Hurts lack of an anticipation I think Ricky’s ability to get wide open through route running and double moves means that that the OC can dial up shot plays with the confidence that Pearsall can adjust to inaccurate throws and work through contact to secure the catch.

IMG_8299.jpeg.f346e6cfed21816fd801126e749fc605.jpeg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Dejean and Wilson bring a combination of competence and playmaking ability that was sorely lacking last season, and have a tailored skillset to thrive within the Fangio system.  Dejean has the speed to carry vertical routes required in C4, experience to read route combinations/press and the shed/tacking ability to click and close on short game and outside zone (cough, 9ers). Wilson has the range and instincts to quickly spill to the sideline or chase down plays from the backside. In coverage he has the awareness to menace the middle of the field in zone and the athleticism to stick with TEs. As a blitzer Wilson finds the gaps in the pass blocking to get skinny and harass the QB… I’m sure if Jayden Daniel’s winds up on either WAS or NYG he could be a useful spy as well.

Pearsall has the tools to be a WR2 with Z / slot versatility and to get on the field immediately. Given Hurts lack of an anticipation I think Ricky’s ability to get wide open through route running and double moves means that that the OC can dial up shot plays with the confidence that Pearsall can adjust to inaccurate throws and work through contact to secure the catch.

IMG_8299.jpeg.f346e6cfed21816fd801126e749fc605.jpeg

The perfect draft. 

I have had the same exact thought about those 2 defenders. Add those 2 and the middle of the defense becomes a strength.  No blown coverages. No missed tackles. And an abundance of play making ability.  Turnovers even. 

Transforms the defense immensely. 

And yet another weapon on offense is the icing on the cake. 

• Like 1

Pass - id rather take a OT if CB doesn’t go our way in 1st and scoop Javon Bullard with one of our 2nd round picks.

Still would be interesting to add a CB/nickel/S to the mix, but my assumption is that Dejean will be gone by 40 and we still have a need LB/OL/WR, etc.

Would be a good pick-up to plug in at safety if we can nab him in the 2nd or 3rd. I don't think safety is a huge position of need at the moment, but I also don't think Blankenship is long for the job.

3 hours ago, jsdarkstar said:

I wonder if the Eagles will trade up in the 2nd and grab him. 

What do you think the price would be? I wouldn’t rule it out if they like him that much but I think it may be unlikely? Having drafted Mitchell.

17 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

What do you think the price would be? I wouldn’t rule it out if they like him that much but I think it may be unlikely? Having drafted Mitchell.

Pick 50 plus 2024; 5th and 2025; 4th?  Not sure how far up they would have to Go. Buffalo has the first pick of the round. He may go there.

9 minutes ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

I would consider using both 2nds there is multiple teams at the top of the second with a bunch of picks.. both seconds for a high second..3rd and 5th wouldn’t be bad in my opinion.

1 hour ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I would consider using both 2nds there is multiple teams at the top of the second with a bunch of picks.. both seconds for a high second..3rd and 5th wouldn’t be bad in my opinion.

Ok I mean there’s no way I’d be using both our 2nds to get up to take DeJean. But yeah that may be what it will take.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Ok I mean there’s no way I’d be using both our 2nds to get up to take DeJean. But yeah that may be what it will take.

I don’t know something like 50-53 to Ari for 35,90,104 wouldn’t be bad I don’t think.

Howie did it. Traded up for DeJean. I Called it. Unbelievable. Our Secondary is going to be good again.