Adonai Mitchell (WR, Texas) -- DRAFTED BY INDIANAPOLIS #52

HazletonEagle

6'4'' 196, supposedly ran a 4.38 40 in college. Suspect with combine training he may go even faster.

Im perplexed on his projection. Lots of people have him as an early 2nd rounder. Maybe even borderline 1st/2nd round.

I see a body catcher with early hands on deep balls, and doesnt quite look comfortable tracking when it is placed over his outside shoulder. Overshadowed by a 1 smaller 1 trick pony deep threat in Worthy. Why is that? To me, 3rd round is the earliest I take a flier on him.

However, big, fast, easy mover despite his length, and supposedly a physical blocker in the run game. There is a lot to like. He has tools, but to me looks very raw.

One scouting report

Big segment on him starting at about 27:25 of this video below

Both scouting reports differ on his fluidity. These guys compare him to Tee Higgins who is a smooth operator for such a tall WR, and rave about his release package. The initial video compares him to Alshon Jeffery and not a big agility threat. I tend to agree with these guys that he gets in and out of breaks nicely.

Highlights

He's big but doesn't play big (good and bad) and does seem to fight the ball a bit.  Worried that you might have a Quinny Johnson problem here.

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

He's big but doesn't play big (good and bad) and does seem to fight the ball a bit.  Worried that you might have a Quinny Johnson problem here.

I agree.  I'm intrigued but not a high second and certainly not late 1st.

3rd-4th seems right imo. This guy needs some work. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Overshadowed by a 1 smaller 1 trick pony deep threat in Worthy.

I've never seen Worthy play so I have no idea of his game but I wanted to speak on the "1 trick pony" label.

Often times you'll hear that about a college players but most fail to realize that's all the player was asked to do in college, RBs are often tagged with that label with the idea that they can't catch the ball out of the backfield, but then you realize that they've only had 8 targets in 4 years, while in the NFL, behold, they have hands of a WR.

Often times it works in the opposite direction, you'll have RBs that display excellent hands in college and the dumbarse OCs in the NFL never utilize that skill, two RBs that I know for a fact fit that bill are Kallen Ballage and AJ Dillion.

• 2 months later...

He manipulates the defender oh so well getting them to turn and misplay him, pretty fast too

• 1 month later...