Nate Wiggins (CB, Clemson) -- DRAFTED BY BALTIMORE #30

HazletonEagle

Wiggins is a 6'2'' 185lb CB for clemson with ridiculous speed.

2 of his highlights are running people down on long plays and causing a fumble at the 1 yard line. On the first one in the highlight video below you can really see the crazy speed when traffic is in his way and when it finally clears he hits another gear and closes insanely fast on the ball carrier. 

But, hes also a good CB. Looks like he is Rodgers-Cromartie fast, but might play more physically.

Hes also able to make plays on the ball in front of him even when he is giving a big cushion (like we always have our CBs do even though they cant make the play then). Seems like a great fit here, and should be in the range of our 1st pick.

• Like 2

My guess is that Wiggins and Arnold will be battling for CB1, and realistically we'll have a shot at I need to find a new cliche or Dejean if RT doesn't win out.

NOTE: the programming here doesn't like the other CB from BAMA.

17 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

My guess is that Wiggins and Arnold will be battling for CB1, and realistically we'll have a shot at I need to find a new cliche or Dejean if RT doesn't win out.

NOTE: the programming here doesn't like the other CB from BAMA.

Id love to have our choice of McKinstry or DeJean at our pick. Im not sure which Id go with at this point. Thats a great situation to find ourselves in though.

6 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Id love to have our choice of McKinstry or DeJean at our pick. Im not sure which Id go with at this point. Thats a great situation to find ourselves in though.

A choice might be too optimistic… the Bucs need to take care of business and put us out of our misery while also improving our draft position. 

At this point I’d probably prefer McKinstry as there is less projection to his game, so a more reliable floor. I figure DeJean has the higher ceiling, so the testing might reshuffle the thought process and I really like a more rugged CB to deal with SF.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 1:04 PM, Waiting4Someday said:

I think we're at a point  where we have to go with what we have on the OL, our backups have done fairly well, it's time to address other groupings, like the DBs, LBs, and RBs

1 hour ago, EagleVA said:

I think we're at a point  where we have to go with what we have on the OL, our backups have done fairly well, it's time to address other groupings, like the DBs, LBs, and RBs

Philosophically Howie will consider LB and RB on Day 2, and based on the talent available in this draft Day 2 also makes sense.

CBs break loose during FA, it is much more difficult to find quality tackles outside of the draft. While I understand the need for immediate help in the secondary, keeping the OL stocked is a legitimate strategy for long-term success. That said, I’d rather take a top 4 CB in this draft over a developmental OL prospect (e.g. Mims, Guyton).

14 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

That said, I’d rather take a top 4 CB in this draft over a developmental OL prospect (e.g. Mims, Guyton).

No doubt.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Watching his highlights this guy has special speed 

Any interest from Eagles?

1 hour ago, Peacekeeper said:

Watching his highlights this guy has special speed 

Any interest from Eagles?

I’d hope so - he’s better prospect than Emmanuel Forbes but I do have similar concerns about his weight.

• 4 weeks later...

All in

• Like 1

This may be the pick. If he's there when we pick.

Not 100% sure because if someone like JC Latham falls to us, maybe we go OLine instead.

Get it done

If we stay put at 22, this player has a shot to be there when we pick. Our secondary could use the help. 

On 2/4/2024 at 10:16 AM, HazletonEagle said:

How come Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo isn't on that list. 

17 minutes ago, jsdarkstar said:

How come Quinyon Mitchell CB Toledo isn't on that list. 

Not sure.  Maybe because he wasn't on many radars back then?  That tweet was from January.

• Like 1

On 1/11/2024 at 12:56 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Wiggins is a 6'2'' 185lb CB for clemson with ridiculous speed.

But he can't tackle, no thanks.

20 hours ago, EagleVA said:

But he can't tackle, no thanks.

I think he tries, but the limited play strength and likeliness of injury are a concern - otherwise not much to dislike.

• 2 weeks later...