Nick Sirianni on difficult stretch: 'I get paid to lead team when it's tough'

time2rock

Nick Sirianni on difficult stretch: 'I get paid to lead team when it's tough'

image.png.3cc268e90719da6e8ab302da6256f58f.png

Joe DeCamara asked Philadelphia Eagles head coach Nick Sirianni how he's doing on a personal level, dealing with all of the "heat" he's receiving over the last few weeks.

"Obviously I'm pissed about that we're in a little bit of a slump right now, losing five out of the last six," Sirianni told the 94WIP Morning Show on Tuesday. "Not a little bit, I'm really pissed. All my mindset is to make sure that we are doing the things we need to do to help us win this next game and not thinking about anything else but that. Because there can be a ton of distraction if you allow there to be distractions. In good times it's easy to block out any distractions, in hard times it's not as easy. I don't get paid to lead the team when it's easy, I get paid to lead the team when it's tough. That's also same thing with my family, same thing with everything. So this is the times that test you and I look forward to this challenge that we have to get it going back right again, but thank you for asking."

Yes, the Eagles are slumping heading into the playoff, but they also have experienced players who are comfortable playing in big playoff games.

"We have a lot of guys with experience in these moments. I am ready to go to battle with those guys," Sirianni said.

The Eagles are 2.5 point favorites at the Tampa Bay Bucs on Monday night (8pm E.T.) in the NFC Wildcard game. You can listen to the game on 94.1 WIP-FM or the Audacy app.

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/nick-sirianni-philadelphia-eagles-pissed-paid-coach-playoffs