Screenpass

nicks

Finally actually faked it once. 

7 bubble screens in the 1st half. 

jfc I H8 that play SO MUCH. 

• Like 2

Screens are a good weapon when they are used situationally.  When there is an obvious blitz, screens are the obvious call.  We are calling screens against 4 man rush with zone coverage and that’s just bad football.  It’s play calling 101

• Like 2

How many screens total in this one? Over/under 10?

The screen game was downright gross this season.  And to make it worse, Jalen didn't seem to be able to improvise when the screens were clogged up.  How many times did he throw into traffic to try to make those screen plays work?  Amazing it didn't result in more pick sixes.  

I simply can not comprehend how this team got to 10-1 or how they went from 10-1 to the worst team in the league overnight. 

None of it makes any sense. 

• Like 2

I'm sure they will work next year. Along with the 5 other plays in Sirianni's play book. We need a new OC to call them in a different order! That's all it is.

On 1/16/2024 at 1:41 PM, time2rock said:

IMG_0408.jpeg

I thought it was a joke when I saw this... like no way :(

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Norseman said:

The screen game was downright gross this season.  And to make it worse, Jalen didn't seem to be able to improvise when the screens were clogged up.  How many times did he throw into traffic to try to make those screen plays work?  Amazing it didn't result in more pick sixes.  

I simply can not comprehend how this team got to 10-1 or how they went from 10-1 to the worst team in the league overnight. 

You can't improvise on screens unless it's designed and called to fake them. It's a timing play... OL is getting up field after a few seconds. See Jurgens in the last game for what happens smh.

11 hours ago, The Norseman said:

49ers raped their souls. Demoralized them and exposed them. Previous games heroics and long bombs were covering the failure of the scheme for most of the season prior to that. But it is when they finally stopped running the ball, in favor of long shots as a game plan, whey they were dead men walking. Walking around, colliding into each other, not tackling, not preparing or practicing for the games.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, judunno said:

I thought it was a joke when I saw this... like no way 😞

They don´t run nearly 40 screens a game, that´s definitely BS. Or am I missing something funny?

The number of screens is exaggerated, but -26 yards for the season is right on the money.

1 hour ago, Mortimer said:

The number of screens is exaggerated, but -26 yards for the season is right on the money.

-26 is true? :( felt like they did almost 10 per game lol.

I was joking.  It sure does seem like their screens get blown up in the backfield most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 9:32 AM, Mortimer said:

I was joking.  It sure does seem like their screens get blown up in the backfield most of the time.

I don’t know about the total -26 yards and I can’t forget Quez’s ridiculously bad screen play or that stupid screen play that got Smith injured, but I also can not recall one time a screen play went for big yards. There have also been near and actual interceptions as well as knocked down passes with these terrible WR screen plays. How can the fans see how bad this play was, but the analytics department and the coaching staff didn’t? 

Jalen is not very good at it.  Looks right at the intended receiver and then has trouble putting touch on a short pass.  Hopefully, KM can fix this because we have the o-line for it.  Same logic for the dump off to Swift.  Both plays should be staples when we need key yards.

9 hours ago, Miami said:

Jalen is not very good at it.  Looks right at the intended receiver and then has trouble putting touch on a short pass.  Hopefully, KM can fix this because we have the o-line for it.  Same logic for the dump off to Swift.  Both plays should be staples when we need key yards.

The Eagles screen game is a predictable as their snap count. It is actually kind of sad how bad the Eagles are at running screens now considering how much of a staple it was in that Andy Reid Eagles offense. I don’t know why they were so obsessed with running that play. I didn’t even work for Mariota. He came into the game and immediately threw an interception, because it’s painfully obvious that stupid play is coming. 

I am not sure which play I hated more the screen pass or the no back Hurts draw play.