Eagles Owner Jeffrey Lurie Spotted on Vacation as Nick Sirianni Decision Looms

Procus

https://www.si.com/nfl/eagles/news/philadelphia-eagles-jeffrey-lurie-vacation-nick-sirianni-coach-meeting-rumors

Source: Eagles Owner Jeffrey Lurie Spotted on Vacation as Nick Sirianni Decision Looms

Philadelphia Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie is on an island getaway; clearing his head on deciding head coach Nick Sirianni's fate. Or has he already decided Sirianni will return?

PHILADELPHIA – If Jeffrey Lurie is in any hurry to fire his head coach, Nick Sirianni, he isn’t showing it.

The Philadelphia Eagles owner was spotted in Saint Martin, per a source. He is apparently shopping for a luxury boat. That means there was no meeting with Sirianni on Wednesday unless one was done virtually, but sources believe that did not happen.

It is unclear when Lurie will return, so Sirianni isn’t going anywhere in the short term, maybe not in the long term, either.

Perhaps escaping to an island getaway will bring Lurie some clarity on how to proceed with Sirianni, whose team stumbled badly down the stretch and was bounced from the playoff in the Wild Card game.

Perhaps the owner doesn’t need any clarity because he doesn’t believe in firing Sirianni after he took his franchise to the playoffs for a third straight year, something that had only been done twice before in team history. Andy Reid and Dick Vermeil were the other coaches to do it.

Either way, it would behoove the owner to say something about Sirianni's future given all the reports about his job security flying about.

Whatever the case, it probably won’t be until next week that any answer is revealed. Maybe it will come sooner since General Manager Howie Roseman and Sirianni are still expected to meet with reporters at some point.

Players supported the return of their coach on Wednesday as they attended meetings with their coaches and met with reporters before heading into the offseason

"He's taken us to the playoffs three consecutive years,” said left tackle Jordan Mailata. "He's taken us to the Super Bowl last year. That's gotta account for something. He's a hell of a coach. Hell of a coach. I feel stupid saying that, how did we get there?

"I understand. Philly is a hard place to play in. I can see how disappointed we were to end the season with the caliber we had on this team. I can see why we got there. Jesus.”

Even Jalen Hurts expressed his confidence in Sirianni, something he did not do in the aftermath of Monday night’s loss to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"I have a ton of confidence in coach, I have a ton of confidence in Howie (Roseman), I have a ton of confidence in Mr. Lurie,” said the quarterback. "I have to do my job and control the things I can.”

Highly doubt firing Sirianni is in the plans.  If it was, you can bet Lurie would be here to do so ASAP so as to be able to get a jump start on the search for a new HC.  

• Like 1

I tend to agree. He certainly isn't worried about losing the top name guys. 

• Like 1

dude. he is just getting the yatch to smooze with new potential HC candidates. he already knows nick is fired. How about fishing with BB?

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

Highly doubt firing Sirianni is in the plans.  If it was, you can bet Lurie would be here to do so ASAP so as to be able to get a jump start on the search for a new HC.  

Lurie may be waiting for Howie to do some ground work first before meeting with Siri.  We shall see soon enough.

Lurie could want someone on a team still in the playoffs.  If so he has to wait 

I think its a metaphor that the previous yacht was sinking and he needs a new one ;)

No one questioning if this report is accurate?