Mohamed Kamara (DE, Colorado State) -- DRAFTED BY MIAMI #158

HazletonEagle

Mohamed Kamara is a 5th year senior DE from Colorado State. In a draft said to be pretty weak at the DE position, this may be a 2nd or 3rd round player who can be a productive rotation piece, or potential starter for you. Over the past 3 seasons, Kamara has averaged nearly 10 sacks per season (9.66666666666666666). He has 29 in that span. 7.5, then 8.5, and finally this season- 13. Very consistent producer. A little older. A little undersized at 6'1'' 250. But he moves around the formation. Good on stunts coming inside, sometimes standing up on the edge, and even lining up at DT like a 5 tech at times.  Jared Verse is a Brandon Graham clone. This guy is your poor mans version that you can have a bit later.

Relentless motor. Excellent character and absolute team leader. Possible shift to LB.

I would expect he would be an immediate impact on special teams.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sticking with the premium positions here early, MK seems like a workmen-like contributor whose skillset is well ahead of the measurables.

image.thumb.png.0cf5220209be3405bed84473b9bb2be7.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Sticking with the premium positions here early, MK seems like a workmen-like contributor whose skillset is well ahead the measurables.

image.thumb.png.0cf5220209be3405bed84473b9bb2be7.png

That draft is incredible! 

Just have to assume we hit 2 solid LB signings in free agency. I love Liufau and love the pick but that cant be all we do.

2 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

That draft is incredible! 

Just have to assume we hit 2 solid LB signings in free agency. I love Liufau and love the pick but that cant be all we do.

I figure the play is that Howie signs a LB and a S in FA, as counting on rookies is a dicey proposition.

1 hour ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I figure the play is that Howie signs a LB and a S in FA, as counting on rookies is a dicey proposition.

yeah. Thatd be nice.

In this scenario though with only drafting 1 LB, Id hope they signed 2. Id like to know we have 2 starters, and that we are not counting on Dean or another (in this case) 3rd round rookie in Liufau. Having 2 starters, and letting Liufau compete with Dean for LB3 and play time in certain packages is ideal.

• 4 weeks later...

doesnt appear to have the size for DE. Good player Ill take as a UDFA.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 10:42 PM, Crazy Legs said:

Relentless motor. Excellent character and absolute team leader. Possible shift to LB.

He very well may be able to man the LB position with a 4.57 40.

On 2/29/2024 at 9:48 PM, HazletonEagle said:

doesnt appear to have the size for DE. Good player Ill take as a UDFA.

Squint your eyes and see a Bryce Huff flyer?

image.thumb.png.ec6d8fc01d1932922b42ed84f219797a.png

3 hours ago, Waiting4Someday said:

Squint your eyes and see a Bryce Huff flyer?

image.thumb.png.ec6d8fc01d1932922b42ed84f219797a.png

Maybe a lot of squinting for that comp.  Huff is taller and heavier even back during the combine. 

Kamara can play,  I'm just not sure what to do with him anymore. 

He's on the negative end of the spectrum now when you weight "versatile" vs "tweener". He's the tweener. Not good. 

I'm thinking UDFA now. 

58 minutes ago, HazletonEagle said:

Maybe a lot of squinting for that comp.  Huff is taller and heavier even back during the combine. 

Kamara can play,  I'm just not sure what to do with him anymore. 

He's on the negative end of the spectrum now when you weight "versatile" vs "tweener". He's the tweener. Not good. 

I'm thinking UDFA now. 

I don’t think the height matters as Kamara actually has the better armlength; and while Huff probably has some ‘bend’ metrics in his favor Kamara actually tested better than I expected.

Will Kamara pan out, probably not. Will he go undrafted like Huff on merit, very possible. Huff is just such an outlier.

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 11:37 PM, HazletonEagle said:

Mohamed Kamara is a 5th year senior DE from Colorado State. In a draft said to be pretty weak at the DE position, this may be a 2nd or 3rd round player who can be a productive rotation piece, or potential starter for you. Over the past 3 seasons, Kamara has averaged nearly 10 sacks per season (9.66666666666666666). He has 29 in that span. 7.5, then 8.5, and finally this season- 13. Very consistent producer. A little older. A little undersized at 6'1'' 250. But he moves around the formation. Good on stunts coming inside, sometimes standing up on the edge, and even lining up at DT like a 5 tech at times.  Jared Verse is a Brandon Graham clone. This guy is your poor mans version that you can have a bit later.

I think Kamara is going to be an outstanding player in the NFL, I think he'll have a better career than BG.

13 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

I think Kamara is going to be an outstanding player in the NFL, I think he'll have a better career than BG.

I want one of Jalyx Hunt

Mo Kamara

Jonah Elliss

Javon Solomon.

5 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

I want one of Jalyx Hunt

Mo Kamara

Jonah Elliss

Javon Solomon.

Those are the 4 I have my eye on as well in the mid-rounds

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...