Jason Kelce says, actually, he has not made a decision about retirement yet

time2rock

Jason Kelce says, actually, he has not made a decision about retirement yet

image.png.6443afe92150410589c6ac21c298a310.png

Despite what was reported on Tuesday, Jason Kelce says he has not yet made a decision about retirement.

"I didn't announce what I was doing on purpose, despite I guess, what's been leaked to the media," Kelce said on the latest episode of the New Heights Podcast. "I just don't think you're in a position after a game like that to really make that decision. There's too much emotion in the moment.

"I'm not trying to be dramatic and continue to draw this thing out," Kelce continued. "I'm really not. It's just something that I think, when it's time to officially announce what's happening in the future, it'll be done in a way that's definitive and pays respect to a lot of people and individuals who have meant a lot to me and what has led to the career I've had."

ESPN's Adam Schefter reported that Kelce told his teammates after Monday's playoff loss to the Bucs that he retiring. On the 94WIP Morning Show, Brandon Graham said he did not hear that.

Kelce, 36, is a legend in Philadelphia playing all 13 of his NFL seasons in the City of Brotherly Love. He is a six-time first-team All-Pro center, a seven-time Pro Bowler, a Super Bowl champion, and a great friend and weekly guest on SportsRadio 94WIP.

https://www.audacy.com/94wip/sports/eagles/eagles-jason-kelce-retirement-new-heights-podcast-decision