Jaylen Wright (RB, Tennessee) -- DRAFTED BY MIAMI #120

judunno

Under the radar explosive back. May be one of the fastest backs in the draft.

Very solid. I could see him being a starter. Maybe not a super star but a consistent producer. Hes not the most powerful. Not the fastest. But a good blend of both. The type of strong runner we need. And a back with starting potential that can be had after round 2. 

4 hours ago, HazletonEagle said:

Very solid. I could see him being a starter. Maybe not a super star but a consistent producer. Hes not the most powerful. Not the fastest. But a good blend of both. The type of strong runner we need. And a back with starting potential that can be had after round 2. 

He kinda reminds me of Mostert with his running style. Deceptively fast with good contact balance.

Looks good as an inside runner. I like how he hits the hole and explodes through (yeah I am very aware that comment is going to turn up in another thread). Looks like he good be a good complementary back and wouldn't mind seeing him here if he's a mid to late round kind of guy? What's he like on outside runs? Don't see a lot of it in those clips.

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Looks good as an inside runner. I like how he hits the hole and explodes through (yeah I am very aware that comment is going to turn up in another thread). Looks like he good be a good complementary back and wouldn't mind seeing him here if he's a mid to late round kind of guy? What's he like on outside runs? Don't see a lot of it in those clips.

Definitely has the speed to get to the corner. Can see the way he just runs away from guys with the break away speed. Stride is deceptive but he's really moving. 
RAS Freak Beast lol

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Jaylen-Wright-RB-Tennessee

Made Bruce Feldman's Freak's List - ranked #24. He wrote " The 5-11 Wright is up to 200 pounds but displayed some serious juice this offseason, clocking 23.6 mph in practice. Beyond that, Wright vertical-jumped 44 inches and did a 10-8 broad jump."

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/25/2024 at 7:53 AM, HazletonEagle said:

Not the fastest but 2nd fastest RB :)

2 minutes ago, judunno said:

Not the fastest but 2nd fastest RB 🙂

Right. I said good blend of both.  As in,  he does have speed.

If we don't go RB on day 2 and wait until a bit later on day 3 to address the position, Wright is one of the few at the top of my wish list.  I think he would be a solid complementary back.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, time2rock said:

If we don't go RB on day 2 and wait until a bit later on day 3 to address the position, Wright is one of the few at the top of my wish list.  I think he would be a solid complementary back.  

Im still not sure how the RB order shakes out.

Benson, Wright, and Guerrendo were the top performers at the combine, and are some of the best RBs in this draft.

Benson was a 2nd rounder, Wright was probably a 3rd rounder, and Guerrendo was a late rounder.

Now I can see them as the top 3 RBs off the board. But in which order is anyones guess. 

On 3/4/2024 at 7:38 AM, time2rock said:

I don't think Wright makes it to day 3.

I'm taking him, Benson or Davis.. one of them is needed in Green.

• 1 month later...