Tyler Guyton (RT, Oklahoma) -- DRAFTED BY DALLAS #29

Godfather

Potentially Lane's replacement? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2024 at 5:54 PM, Godfather said:

Potentially Lane's replacement? 

Guyton got the Lane Johnson endorsement. I don’t think he can play RG as he is tall for the interior, so a likely redshirt if Lane stays healthy. Fuaga would compete with Steen inside, but needs to work on his kick slide to control NFL rushers threatening his outside shoulder as a RT.

Is Howie going to let Lane pick his guy? 

I wonder if/how hurt lane was last year looked to me a lot of times like he really lost a step in blocking. 

its far from the sexy choice but I would understand and probably be happy with the selection.

7 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I wonder if/how hurt lane was last year looked to me a lot of times like he really lost a step in blocking. 

its far from the sexy choice but I would understand and probably be happy with the selection.

Didn't he give up 2 sacks last year? First time he gave up a sack in like 3 seasons or something like that

2 minutes ago, Godfather said:

Didn't he give up 2 sacks last year? First time he gave up a sack in like 3 seasons or something like that

Yeah I think they gave him credit for something like that but watching the games there was plenty of other times… it just got marked up to the guy wasn’t lined up over him so shouldn’t of been his responsibility or the guard should of filled the gap. Ext.. it seemed like a lot of excuses 

1 minute ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Yeah I think they gave him credit for something like that but watching the games there was plenty of other times… it just got marked up to the guy wasn’t lined up over him so shouldn’t of been his responsibility or the guard should of filled the gap. Ext.. it seemed like a lot of excuses 

Yea. Replacing him is definitely a concern and need. Wonder if they do so this upcoming draft

• 3 weeks later...

Most likely top 5 on their big board in round 1.

• 4 weeks later...

Could definitely see this as the pick 

Yup

• 2 weeks later...

The fans want a CB, but Howie may go with this player, especially since Lane Johnson works with him and has approved his replacement. Solid but not flashy and does nothing to help the secondary.

1 hour ago, jsdarkstar said:

The fans want a CB, but Howie may go with this player, especially since Lane Johnson works with him and has approved his replacement. Solid but not flashy and does nothing to help the secondary.

I used to be higher on Guyton as he was sold as an absolute freak, but he is pretty raw technique-wise, had problems with power/good hands at the senior bowl, and then wasn't eye popping in the workouts.  There are other OL prospects I like better, there are CBs I like better - if we took him at 22 I'd be disappointed.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Waiting4Someday said:

I used to be higher on Guyton as he was sold as an absolute freak, but he is pretty raw technique-wise, had problems with power/good hands at the senior bowl, and then wasn't eye popping in the workouts.  There are other OL prospects I like better, there are CBs I like better - if we took him at 22 I'd be disappointed.  

I think Latham is a way better fit. More polished, can play RT or RG. Guyton is strictly a Tackle. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Road to Victory said:

I think Latham is a way better fit. More polished, can play RT or RG. Guyton is strictly a Tackle. 

Agreed - I rather go Mims if drafting a Tackle-only project.  Latham might be plugged in at G and never get outside as he might be so good there.

On 2/4/2024 at 8:23 AM, Waiting4Someday said:

Guyton got the Lane Johnson endorsement. I don’t think he can play RG as he is tall for the interior, so a likely redshirt if Lane stays healthy. Fuaga would compete with Steen inside, but needs to work on his kick slide to control NFL rushers threatening his outside shoulder as a RT.

Dickerson is 6'6 so it can be done