Rank these backup QBs

Jenkins27

Everything’s been dead and I accidentally hit the italics and am not correcting it.

Rank these back up QBs from best (obvious answer) to worst.

Nick Foles

Kevin Kolb

Vince Young

Josh McCown

Jeff Garcia

AJ Feeley

Koy Detmer

Mark Sanchez

Mike McMahon

Bonus: Michael Vick (if you count him for that one game he backed up Kolb, or as our third string QB with a run option package his first year here)

1) Foles

2) Garcia

3) Detmer

4) Feeley

5) Kolb

6) Sanchez

7) McCown

8) Young

9) McMahon

BONUS: I'd slide Vick in after Garcia and ahead of Detmer, if you're only viewing him as a backup. In reality he was better than all of these guys.

Incidentally, I think the first two guys are obvious.

• Like 1

Foles

Vick

Garcia

Sanchez

Feeley

Detmer

McCown

Kolb

Young 

McMahon

• Like 1

If we are only going by backup roles then here we go

Nick Foles(No explanation needed.)

Josh McCown ( Higher for me due to his off the field coaching role with Wentz. he did a awesome job and I want him back in that coaching role.)

Jeff Garcia ( Baller. Dude was a huge asset to this team when McNabb went down)

Jim McMahon (Very good record 9-3, nice yards. Needed some work on ball control but He was perfect for that team and defense. its like he never left the Bears in 85 with that D)

AJ Feeley( I give AJ a heads up over Koy and Kevin because he actually played more in a very important season. Defense was the key but he did not lose the games for us.)

Kevin Kolb(Nice yards from 2 games but not a good win total. Poor td/int ratio, other then 2 games he was not very good and didn't have a big impact)

Koy Detmer( He was a great holder, had a nice game vs 49ers in 2002. He never hit the field much to judge. 3 games. that defense was nasty and kept us in it al the time) RIP JJ

Mark Sanchez( He was just not that good. Didnt help he had a horrible coach and the opp def knew the exact play coming. He never had a chance.)

Mike McMahon ( I think I threw up in my mouth. All I remember was sitting in the stands during the Reggie White retirement game, snow storm and Mike throwing pick after pick in one of the worst losses in team history. 42-0 reid had a chance to atleast not make it a shutout with a chip shot FG but went for it on 4th with no chance at coming back. could have atleast honored Reggie better then that but not having a shut out. Embarrassing. 

Vince Young(Dream Team.........................Need I say more?)

WHERE IS JIM MCMAHON? Prob one of the better backups in Eagles history. Added him in. 

• Like 1

1) Foles

2) Garcia

3) Feeley 

4) Detmer

5) McCown

6) Kolb

7) Sanchez

8) Young

9) McMahon

• Like 1

Kafka 

Goebel

Barkley

Pederson

M.Mcmahon

Detmer

Bristor

Hoying

Young

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, downundermike said:

1.  Foles

2.  The rest

This list is complete. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

Mike McMahon ( I think I threw up in my mouth. All I remember was sitting in the stands during the Reggie White retirement game, snow storm and Mike throwing pick after pick in one of the worst losses in team history. 42-0 reid

I was at this game. I don't even remember McMahon because he was pulled after 10 passes just for Detmer to come in and some how play even worse. 

2 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I was at this game. I don't even remember McMahon because he was pulled after 10 passes just for Detmer to come in and some how play even worse. 

I was there too. You might have seen me. I was wearing an Eagles jersey with a green Eagles jacket over top. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

I remember is quite well. I even stayed till the last snap. Sitting there, covered in snow shaking my head in disbelief how bad it was. I even bough a brand new Mitchell and Ness Reggie White Jersey for that game. To this day I have never worn that Jersey again. 

2 hours ago, DeathByEagle said:

I remember is quite well. I even stayed till the last snap. Sitting there, covered in snow shaking my head in disbelief how bad it was. I even bough a brand new Mitchell and Ness Reggie White Jersey for that game. To this day I have never worn that Jersey again. 

That was definitely awful I took a bus down too so I had to sit through the whole damn thing🤬. Freaking cold crappy horrible game. This game and the Tuesday night game were probably 2 of the worst I was ever at. 

4 hours ago, EagleJoe8 said:

I was there too. You might have seen me. I was wearing an Eagles jersey with a green Eagles jacket over top. 

Oh snap! That was you? Lol. 

1 minute ago, Bwestbrook36 said:

That was definitely awful I took a bus down too so I had to sit through the whole damn thing🤬. Freaking cold crappy horrible game. This game and the Tuesday night game were probably 2 of the worst I was ever at. 

Oh snap! That was you? Lol. 

Yep! That was me!

On 7/18/2020 at 9:12 AM, What The F said:

Kafka 

Goebel

Barkley

Pederson

M.Mcmahon

Detmer

Brister

Hoying

Young

Bubby Brister actually played decently for the Eagles, unlike the other guys listed.  (Well, Koy Detmer also played well in that Monday night game against the 49ers in San Francisco in 2002, but that was only a portion of one game.)

I also know I'd much rather have Jim McMahon than Mike McMahon, though I think the elder McMahon may have been made of glass.