Let's have some fun - 1 year fantasy fix

Rob331

Somehow I think the off-season hinges on Kelce coming back so let's assume he's our center next year. 

Resign - Mann, Lovato, Swift, BG, either Driskoll or Opeta, and Cunningham and OZ if they'll sign for the minimum

Let walk - Fletch, Mariota, Penny, B Scott, J Jones, Watkins, one of either Opeta or Driskoll, Albert O, Morrow, Bradley, J Scott, and Roby

Cut - Bradberry, Leonard and Byard

Trades

• Reddick for a 2 and 3
  • Pick 22 to Arizona for 1 (27) and 3 (91)

Free agency - We have some $'s but can't affort the BIG splash so we'll bring in several solid starters 

• LB/Edge Uche replaces Morrow. 
  • DE Ngakoue replaces Reddick. Not as good as Reddick but he'll get his share of sacks  
  • WR Chark replaces Watkins. not many replacements wouldn't be an upgrade
  • S Savage replaces Byard. Byard simply costs too much and noticably has lost several steps
  • DT Street replaces Fletch. Back to back #1 draft picks have to step in. Williams is more than solid. Street and Ojoma fight for the 4th DT
  • QB Trubisky replaces Martiota. He'll just be cheap insurance. McKee will likely be the #2 anyway. 

Draft

• 1 S Kinchens replaces Evans. He'll battle Blankenship for the starters role
  • 2 OL Barton replaces Opeta or Driskoll. Highly ranked and has played every OL position including center
  • 2 LB Cooper replaces Leonard. He'll be better than our last 2nd round LB Davion Taylor
  • 2 WR McConkey replaces Jones. A perfect slot guy
  • 3 RB Shipley replaces B Scott. Jack of all trades
  • 3 CB Mellton replaces Bradberry. The young guys get a chance, but Melton waits on the wings
  • 5 Edge Strachan. At 6'5" 250 he'll fill the Barnett role we never filled 
  • 5 RB Laube replaces Penny. 225 pounds and will surely get more than Penny's 15 plays 
  • 5 TE Johnson (Penn State). Stoll and Calcaterra have a fight on their hands
  • 6 OL Amegadije. A project for Stout

Final roster

• QB Hurts, McKee, and Trubisky
  • RB Swift, Gainwell, Shipley, Laube
  • WR AJ, Devonte, Chark, Covey, McConkey and a camp winner
  • TE Goedert, Stoll, Johnson
  • OL Kelce, Dickerson, Jurgens, Johnson, Mailata, Barton, Steen, Opeta or Driskill, and Amegadijie
  • DT Davis, Carter, Williams, Ojoma, Street  
  • DE/Edge BG, Sweat, Smith, Ngakoue, Strachan
  • LB Uche, Dean, Cooper, VanSummeran, B Smith
  • CB Slay, Ringo, Maddox, McPhareson, Melton, Rogers, and a winner among Jobe, Ricks, Goodrich and Garner
  • S Savage, Blankenship, Kinchens, McCollum
  • ST Mann, Lovato, and Elliott

Although I like your thinking…heck, I was even toying with the idea of doing a mock in which the Eagles trade Reddick and sign Uche (more of a 3-4 OLB/pass rusher IMO)…chances of the Eagles taking a safety in the first are slim to none.

But…if Reddick finds a team willing to give him what he seeks and the Eagles do trade him, an edge rusher like Dallas Turner, Jaret Verse, Laiatu Latu, Bralen Trice or Darius Robinson in the first would make plenty of sense IMO.

But a safety?! Wishful thinking…

22 hours ago, Ray75 said:

But a safety?! Wishful thinking…

I guess I'll get to what I think they'll do later in the process. For now I'll stick with what I want them to do. I think that's more fun and generates more conversatoin although the board has been dead so far this year. 

19 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

I guess I'll get to what I think they'll do later in the process. For now I'll stick with what I want them to do. I think that's more fun and generates more conversatoin although the board has been dead so far this year. 

A couple of years ago there were a dozen guys posting them…we had new content every day from January till the end of April.

Haven’t seen a lot of those guys around here for a very long time now. My guess is that they’re done posting mocks. Some of them return once we’re doing the annual EMB mock.

I too am not as active as I once was but the offseason is still my favorite time of the year. Combine, FA, the draft itself. Love it! 

2 hours ago, Ray75 said:

A couple of years ago there were a dozen guys posting them…we had new content every day from January till the end of April.

Haven’t seen a lot of those guys around here for a very long time now. My guess is that they’re done posting mocks. Some of them return once we’re doing the annual EMB mock.

I too am not as active as I once was but the offseason is still my favorite time of the year. Combine, FA, the draft itself. Love it! 

Speaking of the annual EMB mock, is that coming back this year? 

2 hours ago, Iggles25 said:

Speaking of the annual EMB mock, is that coming back this year? 

I have no clue but if I had to guess I’d say no.

(downunder) Mike isn’t a member anymore and he was the guy who arranged everything…

So the consensus is they are moving fully to a 3-4? I know we have shifted that way more and more in recent years and fangio usually runs a 3-4.. 

i like reddick and think he would like to stay here but if we are dropping in back into coverage more then 10-15% of the time i dont think its wise let the man rush the passer.

i think the return on your trade for him is probably high for a team taking on an aging player in need of a new contract. But there are a number of teams that could be interested in him.

i like your draft! A good amount of the players are on my shortlist… would be a little easier to follow if you listed all their schools.. kinda hard to follow with most of us just kicking into offseason mode figuring out a player by just a last name.