Eagles Mock Draft (02-17-2023)

Ray75

This one’s a little wilder than the last one I posted…

Here goes;

Bring back;

Fletcher Cox, BG

Retire;

Jason Kelce

Restructure/extended/new contract;

Jordan Mailata, Milton Williams, Landon Dickerson, Josh Sweat.

Re-sign;

Sua Opeta, Jack Driscoll, Jack Stoll

Post June 1 cuts;

James Bradberry, Avonte Maddox, Kevin Byard.

Trade alert!

Eagles trade Haasan Reddick to the Atlanta Falcons for a 2024 2nd round pick while giving up a future 5th.

Trade alert!

Eagles trade pick No.22 to the Denver Broncos for cornerback Patrick Surtain.

Notable FA;

Geno Stone, S, Baltimore Ravens;

Andrew van Ginkel, OLB, Miami Dolphins;

Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Seattle Seahawks;

AJ Dilllon, RB, Greenbay Packers.

Draft:

2 Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

2 Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington;

2 Edgerrin Cooper, ILB, Texas A&M;

3 Jonah Elliss, OLB/edge, Utah;

5 Beau Limmer, OG/OC, Arkansas;

5 Dylan Laube, RB, New Hamshire;

5 Kitan Oladabo, S, Oregon State.

5 AJ Barber, TE, Michigan;

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Oh I’m down with this one! Improve the offense (obviously with the exception of losing the great man) whilst really beefing up that defense.

• Thanks 1

I don't know much about Suamataia but Polk and Cooper I like. I really like Payton Wilson 

but his injuries leave a concern. Good one

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Breeze 44 said:

I don't know much about Suamataia but Polk and Cooper I like. I really like Payton Wilson 

but his injuries leave a concern. Good one

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/kingsley-suamataia-draft-scouting-2024/

https://www.thedraftnetwork.com/2023/12/20/kingsley-suamataia-scouting-report-nfl-draft-2024

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 9:29 AM, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Oh I’m down with this one! Improve the offense (obviously with the exception of losing the great man) whilst really beefing up that defense.

I don’t think Antoine Winfield Jr. will hit the market and I believe chances of L’Jarius Sneed and Jaylon Johnson becoming FA’s are also pretty low.

Maybe Patrick Queen will be available? Who knows?!

On 2/17/2024 at 2:00 AM, Ray75 said:

This one’s a little wilder than the last one I posted…

Here goes;

Bring back;

Fletcher Cox, BG

Retire;

Jason Kelce

Restructure/extended/new contract;

Jordan Mailata, Milton Williams, Landon Dickerson, Josh Sweat.

Re-sign;

Sua Opeta, Jack Driscoll, Jack Stoll

Post June 1 cuts;

James Bradberry, Avonte Maddox, Kevin Byard.

Trade alert!

Eagles trade Haasan Reddick to the Atlanta Falcons for a 2024 2nd round pick while giving up a future 5th.

Trade alert!

Eagles trade pick No.22 to the Denver Broncos for cornerback Patrick Surtain.

Notable FA;

Geno Stone, S, Baltimore Ravens;

Andrew van Ginkel, OLB, Miami Dolphins;

Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Seattle Seahawks;

AJ Dilllon, RB, Greenbay Packers.

Draft:

2 Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU

2 Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington;

2 Edgerrin Cooper, ILB, Texas A&M;

3 Jonah Elliss, OLB/edge, Utah;

5 Beau Limmer, OG/OC, Arkansas;

5 Dylan Laube, RB, New Hamshire;

5 Kitan Oladabo, S, Oregon State.

5 AJ Barber, TE, Michigan;

Stone had a good season in b-more and would be a good addition 

van ginkel can play multiple positions and apparently was gonna go somewhere else last year till Fangio called him up and said how much he wanted him in his system.

wanted brooks coming out haven’t followed him to much since don’t think he has become a stud but has to be better then what we have had. 

Dillion — I think you were reading my mind on this signing 

Ot byu… not flashy but definitely an eagles move and I would agree very solid 

cooper lb … like him very much definitely on my board 

Laube … another rb that’s on my board.. I saw he did well at the whatever event he was at recently Ew or sr bowl forget which.. probably see him going 4th round but definitely like the player.

trades— surtain would be a stud just think it’s a dream Denver trades him but they do need to do something about their cap situation.. 

Hard to pinpoint what 2nd you got for Hassan but my guess says it looks like a higher second? Not sure we get that much but who knows 🙂 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Stone had a good season in b-more and would be a good addition 

van ginkel can play multiple positions and apparently was gonna go somewhere else last year till Fangio called him up and said how much he wanted him in his system.

wanted brooks coming out haven’t followed him to much since don’t think he has become a stud but has to be better then what we have had. 

Dillion — I think you were reading my mind on this signing 

Ot byu… not flashy but definitely an eagles move and I would agree very solid 

cooper lb … like him very much definitely on my board 

Laube … another rb that’s on my board.. I saw he did well at the whatever event he was at recently Ew or sr bowl forget which.. probably see him going 4th round but definitely like the player.

trades— surtain would be a stud just think it’s a dream Denver trades him but they do need to do something about their cap situation.. 

Hard to pinpoint what 2nd you got for Hassan but my guess says it looks like a higher second? Not sure we get that much but who knows 🙂 

If you listen to Eagles podcasts it starts with a 2nd for Reddick but I think a 3rd and change is more realistic. One can dream, right?! 

Chances of him getting traded are 50-50 IMO but I get why Howie’s entertaining the idea. Reddick turns 30, has a 20+ million cap hit and you want to re-sign a couple of other players in the near future.

If you were to ask me I’d say they’re preparing themselves for a potential Reddick loss. Not only did they draft Nolan Smith, they also signed OLB Terrell Lewis last year and recently OLB Julian Okwara. 

Put yourself in Howie’s shoes; who would you rather sign to a new deal?! 26 year old Josh Sweat or 29 year old Haason Reddick?! There’s no denying who the better pass rusher is but from a financial standpoint I get it…

You’d save 20+ million in cap space. That’s a lot of money!

I love it...but I have serious doubts we can land Surtain for only a first round pick.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, b_west3 said:

I love it...but I have serious doubts we can land Surtain for only a first round pick.  

Me too but Broncos are 24 million over the cap right now, only have 6 draft picks, no 2nd rounder and are looking for a franchise QB.

I’m not saying they’re desperate but if they want to move up for a QB they don’t have the ammo right now. 

That’s why players like Jerry Jeudy, Justin Simmons and possibly Patrick Surtain might available.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ray75 said:

I don’t think Antoine Winfield Jr. will hit the market and I believe chances of L’Jarius Sneed and Jaylon Johnson becoming FA’s are also pretty low.

Maybe Patrick Queen will be available? Who knows?!

Yeah I get that and it’s all unlikely and at this point who knows what’s going to happen in FA and the draft. But it’s fun to dream that we might address some of these needs with really good players hey!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UK_EaglesFan89 said:

Yeah I get that and it’s all unlikely and at this point who knows what’s going to happen in FA and the draft. But it’s fun to dream that we might address some of these needs with really good players hey!

Absolutely! That’s why I love FA and draft so much. 

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Why does every mock have Laube lol?

Had him pretty early but not in my latest mock.