Cheese mock offseason v1

Cheesteakitis

Bring back;
Jason Kelce - I think after watching Travis win his 3rd ring Jason talks himself into one more year 

Brandon Mann- had a good year bring in an UDFA and the best man wins the job 

Rick Lovato - solid long snapper 

Zach Cunningham - howie went out of his way to say they thought he had a good season… signs a cheap deal to stay on and compete 

Jack Stoll - RFA - decent blocker keep around to compete for #2 te 

Restructure/extended/new contract
 Haasan Reddick - gonna say Haasan works out an extension to stay with the eagles but I could go either way with this choice 

Landon Dickerson - the eagles work out a long term deal for Dickerson after he has been so solid at guard

Post June 1 cuts
Kevin Byard - looks to have lost a step designed post june1 cut saves 14m on the cap

Avonte Maddox - often injured saves 7million post june1 cut 

James Bradberry - kinda like when we got him from the giants Bradberry gets cuts in June after we can’t find anyone to give us peanuts 

Free agents

Deshon Elliott - SS - had a decent year in Miami under fangio competes for starting 

Josey Jewell-  ilb- another fangio player who has been starting in Denver the past few years next to Alex Singleton both have gone over 100 tackles each the past two years 

Calvin Ridley- Wr - the eagles had a trade in place for Ridley prior to his suspension they go back to the well with this major wr3 upgrade. Looking at stats Ridley ran 17% of his routes from the slot this past season and Brown and Smith ran 20-25% all 3 can rotate both inside and out. 

AJ Dillon - Rb- under the radar rb who just hasn’t excelled like I thought he would.

Jon Runyan - G - starting guard the past several years who rotated in and out this past season due to injuries. Competes for starting rg position 

Draft;

1) kool-aid Mckinstry - cb - very talented cb who isn’t often out of position
2) Bryon Murphy 11 -dl - played a number of positions on the longhorns line high motor and 6 sacks this past season. Could be off the board by here but in the simulator I did he was still on the board 
2) Malachi Corley -wr- yac god is added to the wr room to fill out the remaining slot reps 
3) Trevin Wallace -lb- major position of need that would have been addressed sooner if the board hadn’t fallen like it did. 

Trade ** 5** to Panthers for Miles Sanders — all the people who brought miles to Carolina are now gone and he didn’t have a great year. Philly brings him back in a bargain trade.

5 Tykee Smith -S
5 Javion Cohen -G
5 Joe Milton - QB - several good traits got to keep the factory rolling 
  • Like 1

Why would the Eagles want Miles Sanders and his contract after his horrid season? Doesn't make sense. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, judunno said:

Why would the Eagles want Miles Sanders and his contract after his horrid season? Doesn't make sense. 

I’m far from a cap expert but I don’t think he contract is that bad after Carolina guaranteed a good portion of it. I don’t think you can base Sanders off on Carolina’s oline  and feel being back behind our oline with something to prove he could have a good season again. 

18 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I’m far from a cap expert but I don’t think he contract is that bad after Carolina guaranteed a good portion of it. I don’t think you can base Sanders off on Carolina’s oline  and feel being back behind our oline with something to prove he could have a good season again. 

Hard pass. That ship has sailed.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, judunno said:

Hard pass. That ship has sailed.

Any other comments?

2 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Any other comments?

Never gonna happen ;)

20 hours ago, judunno said:

Never gonna happen ;)

Awesome feedback 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

I think Ridley will still be able to get more money from another team than we could/should pay him. I also don’t like the sanders trade, only because of the salary that comes with it. If he were cut by Carolina, I would welcome him back on a cheap deal. 

I like the tire check on AJ Dillon, I could see him carving out a role here. 
I think there’s going to be more turnover on defense via trade and FA. Vic Fangio has been a lot of places and coached a lot of players, I think he and Howie assemble a capable starting lineup before the draft.

2 hours ago, MidMoFo said:

I think Ridley will still be able to get more money from another team than we could/should pay him. I also don’t like the sanders trade, only because of the salary that comes with it. If he were cut by Carolina, I would welcome him back on a cheap deal. 

I like the tire check on AJ Dillon, I could see him carving out a role here. 
I think there’s going to be more turnover on defense via trade and FA. Vic Fangio has been a lot of places and coached a lot of players, I think he and Howie assemble a capable starting lineup before the draft.

Thanks for the feedback… yeah I think Ridley could get a better payday somewhere else just sort of hoping maybe because of some of the connections he decided to take a little less money. 

I could live without Sanders also my thought process on that was with so many 5th rounds picks is there someone there I must have or do I trade one for a player I know what I’m getting. 

I hope the eagles bring in a few stud defenders but I just don’t know if it happens. The looming franchise tag day will help narrow down who’s gonna be available 

• Like 1