Quick Mock Offseason

EaglesAddict

FA hard to predict until all the franchise tags and/or re-signings/extensions get done.  So, for simplicity, just going with the main additions in FA and the draft...

Free Agency:

Sign WR3 - either Darnell Mooney or Tyler Boyd.  Either would be a good addition, but for different reasons.  Mooney more explosive while Boyd is the perfect slot, reliable and a good blocker. Neither should break the bank.

Sign a LB - Queen is the dream but that ain't happening.  Jordyn Brooks could be the ideal candidate: young, may look to sign a one year deal in an effort to get a better pay day in 2025.

Sign an Edge/OLB - I'll go with everyone's new favorite for this: Andrew Van Ginkel.  If he's truly a "Fangio guy", I can definitely see this.  Shouldn't be expensive.

Sign a DB - I'm going to go with a familiar name: CJ Gardner Johnson.  Howie should have brought him back last year instead of Bradberry.  This year he gets it right.  CJGJ will fill a Safety/Slot CB role.  $$ will be the question, but he doesn't have much leverage considering he missed most of 2023.

Draft - Only doing first 3 rounds:

1. DB Cooper DeJean - Super versatile.  Basically projects to play any position in the secondary and can return punts.  Homerun pick if he's there.

2. Edge Bralen Trice - Good edge setter in the mold of BG.  

2. OC/G Zach Frazier - Because Kelce does, in fact, retire.  Eagles add another Day 2 prospect to the interior pipeline.

3. LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr - Howie creates fan excitement by trading up in Round 3 to grab him.

• Like 1

Very solid.. like the 3 new lb’s and 2 db’s added! 

don’t know much about Trice or Frazier but solid all around 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EaglesAddict said:

FA hard to predict until all the franchise tags and/or re-signings/extensions get done.  So, for simplicity, just going with the main additions in FA and the draft...

Free Agency:

Sign WR3 - either Darnell Mooney or Tyler Boyd.  Either would be a good addition, but for different reasons.  Mooney more explosive while Boyd is the perfect slot, reliable and a good blocker. Neither should break the bank.

Sign a LB - Queen is the dream but that ain't happening.  Jordyn Brooks could be the ideal candidate: young, may look to sign a one year deal in an effort to get a better pay day in 2025.

Sign an Edge/OLB - I'll go with everyone's new favorite for this: Andrew Van Ginkel.  If he's truly a "Fangio guy", I can definitely see this.  Shouldn't be expensive.

Sign a DB - I'm going to go with a familiar name: CJ Gardner Johnson.  Howie should have brought him back last year instead of Bradberry.  This year he gets it right.  CJGJ will fill a Safety/Slot CB role.  $$ will be the question, but he doesn't have much leverage considering he missed most of 2023.

Draft - Only doing first 3 rounds:

1. DB Cooper DeJean - Super versatile.  Basically projects to play any position in the secondary and can return punts.  Homerun pick if he's there.

2. Edge Bralen Trice - Good edge setter in the mold of BG.  

2. OC/G Zach Frazier - Because Kelce does, in fact, retire.  Eagles add another Day 2 prospect to the interior pipeline.

3. LB Jeremiah Trotter Jr - Howie creates fan excitement by trading up in Round 3 to grab him.

I'm onboard for all of it aside from the Trotter pick.  I think too many fans are looking at him through green-tinted glasses and he looks too much like another Dean.  If available, I'd personally rather have Edgerrin Cooper, Payton Wilson or Cedric Gray in that order.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, b_west3 said:

I'm onboard for all of it aside from the Trotter pick.  I think too many fans are looking at him through green-tinted glasses and he looks too much like another Dean.  If available, I'd personally rather have Edgerrin Cooper, Payton Wilson or Cedric Gray in that order.  

Yeah I hear ya there...but I can see Howie trying to pander to the fans.  Hell, if he thinks Trotter will last until his pick in round 3, he very well might do that and take him.  Cooper and Wilson won't be there at that point...they'd have to take them in Round 2 if they wanted one of them.