Philadelphia Eagles waive undrafted free agent WR Khalil Tate

UK_EaglesFan89

Philadelphia Eagles waive undrafted free agent WR Khalil Tate

The NFL has already had discussions about teams bringing less than 90 players to training camp and after signing ten draft picks, the Eagles have started to trim the roster.

The Eagles just announced that they are waiving former Arizona quarterback and undrafted free agent wide receiver, Khalil Tate.

Last season, Tate threw for 1,954 yards, 14 touchdowns, and 11 interceptions, while rushing for 413 yards and three touchdowns for Kevin Sumlin’s 4-8 Wildcats.

Tate shined as a sophomore in 2017 with 1,591 yards, 14 touchdowns, and nine interceptions, while also rushing for 1,411 yards and 12 touchdowns on 153 rushing attempts.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/20/philadelphia-eagles-waive-khalil-tate-roster-cutdown/

I guess it's not a major surprise? Though I did think perhaps Tate was a candidate to run the scout team when we were due to face a dual threat QB.

I suppose he'll have to go elsewhere to be that team's version of Taysom Hill (since that seems to be the buzz around the league these days).

This is why I don't read entire articles about these UDFAs. One quick waiving of them, and all of a sudden it was a waste of time to read about them.

1 hour ago, time2rock said:

I suppose he'll have to go elsewhere to be that team's version of Taysom Hill (since that seems to be the buzz around the league these days).

Yeah and I really don’t get it. Will he make a few plays here and there? Sure. But he’s not a special player, and instances where they have him at QB instead of Brees just instantly makes the play less likely to be successful. 

44 minutes ago, nipples said:

Yeah and I really don’t get it. Will he make a few plays here and there? Sure. But he’s not a special player, and instances where they have him at QB instead of Brees just instantly makes the play less likely to be successful. 

At 6'2" 220 lbs they ought to consider converting him to RB.  They could still get creative with him throwing a few passes - it would keep their best QB on the field at all times.