Terrion Arnold Mock Draft

leftcoastnest

Resigning core talent. Rebuilding the secondary and LB room. Adding young pass rushing talent that fit Vic’s scheme. Finding Lane’s near-future replacement at RT. Being aggressive on Draft Day to secure our new CB1 of the future.

RETIRE

• Jason Kelce, C
  • Fletcher Cox, DT

RESTRUCTURE/EXTEND

• Devonta Smith, WR
  • Landon Dickerson, OG
  • Milton Williams, DT
  • Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

RE-SIGN

• Haason Reddick, LB
  • Sua Opeta, OG
  • Jack Driscoll, T
  • Rick Lovato, LS
  • Braden Mann, P

LET WALK / CUT

• Kevin Byard, S
  • James Bradberry, CB
  • D’Andre Swift, RB
  • Avonte Maddox, CB
  • Boston Scott, RB
  • Marcus Mariota, QB
  • Justin Evans, S
  • Shaquille Leonard, ILB
  • Jack Stoll, TE

FREE AGENCY

• CGJ, FS, Detroit Lions
  • Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Seattle Seahawks
  • Darnell Mooney, WR, Chicago Bears
  • Azeez Al-Shaair, LB, Tennessee Titans
  • Zack Moss, RB, Indiannapolos Colts

TRADE

Philadelphia Eagles trade: 

• 2024 1st Rd Pick (#22)
  • Darius Slay, CB
  • 2025 3rd Rd Pick

Minnesota Vikings trade:

• 2024 1st Rd Pick (#11)

DRAFT

• 1.11 - Terrion Arnold, CB, Alabama
  • 2.50 - Bralen Trice, DE, Washington
  • 2.53 - Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU
  • 3.97 - Javon Bullard, S/CB, Georgia
  • 5.159 - Marshawn Lloyd, RB, USC
  • 5.170 - Joey Milton III, QB, Tennessee
  • 5.177 - Luke McCaffery, WR, Rice
  • 6.188 - AJ Barner, TE, Michigan
  • Like 1

Nice job. I'd be happy with this. Maybe I'd work with the back of the draft a bit but the top 4 are spot on. 

I'd add Mann to your re-sign list. 

30 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Nice job. I'd be happy with this. Maybe I'd work with the back of the draft a bit but the top 4 are spot on. 

I'd add Mann to your re-sign list. 

Thanks!

In all honesty, would love to know if my projected re-signings and FA signings would work with our potential cap outlook…

Would love to see your take on the back half of my mock draft 

Screaming for a corner in the first for two decades now. All for it! Arnold or Mitchell will do!

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ray75 said:

Screaming for a corner in the first for two decades now. All for it! Arnold or Mitchell will do!

Hell yes

I don’t think it’s completely out there that we move Slay this offseason. His contract is pretty friendly after this season. Minn needs vet CB help and can get a pass rusher at 22 to replace Hunter (assuming Hunter moves on).

I’m a huge supporter of moving on from Bradberry and Slay to free up future cap space and get Kelee, Eli, and Isiah on the field.

I think for this trade to happen it would need to happen before draft day.. they aren’t usually day one trades involving players on draft day. 
I like the idea of the trade but think the compensation is pretty homerish. last years trade between Jax and Buf  is listed below and that’s just to move up two spots behind where we pick. Factoring in that next years pick is usually rated a round lower then current picks you offered the same deal plus slay but expect to move up 11 spots. 

jax.png&h=110&w=110buf.png&h=110&w=110

JAX trades No. 25 to BUF to No. 27

Date: April 27, 2023

The Jacksonville Jaguars continued to trade down, trading the No. 25 pick they had just received from the New York Giants to the Buffalo Bills for the Bills' first-round pick (No. 27) and fourth-round pick (No. 130). 

I also don’t think Kingsley will be around at #53 but would love to draft him. 

58 minutes ago, leftcoastnest said:

In all honesty, would love to know if my projected re-signings and FA signings would work with our potential cap outlook…

Would love to see your take on the back half of my mock draft 

Ok the cap - we start with $41.9M. (alll my info comes from overthecap.com

• Kelce is cut/retires post June 1 and it actually saves us $1.5M - $43.4
  • Maddox is cut post June 1 saving another $7.1M - $50.5
  • Cox walking cost us $8.6 against the cap - I'd extimate $10M if he stays. So he goes which leaves us $41.9 (Back whare we started)
  • Notice I DID'T include Bradberry - costs us $4.3 to keep him and $10.8 to let him go. (you only get 2 post June 1 moves and we've already used them on Kelce and Maddox. 
  • Resigning our own - figure $3-4M each for Opeta and Driscoll (I had $5M each on an earlier post but the feedback was that was too high). So $7M for them leaves $34.9M. Personally I'd only resign 1 on them and go with Toth or a draft pick
  • Reddick figure an extra $10M , with some Howie magic making it about $5M extra this year. now we're at $29.9
  • Lovato and Mann figure $2M each - $25.5M
  • Restructuring Dickerson, Williams, and Smith won't save a whole lot since they're on their cheap rookie deals. Let's call it $4.5M - making our spend number $30M
  • I THINK THAT PLENTY FOR YOUR FREE AGENT LIST OF CGJ, ALSHAAIR, BROOKS, MOSS AND MOONEY - good job. 

Back of the draft - 

• I like Lloyd but if Laube is there he'd be my guy
  • Substiture Wiley for Holker
  • I'm ok with Pratt but I'd prefer Milton or Hartman
  • Wouldn't gofor a DT - the roster will be Davis, Carter, Williams, Tuipolotu, and Ojomo with Booker or Elliss on the practice squad. So- since we lose Quez, Julio, and probably Oz it would be a wide receiver - Luke McCafferty would be my guy. 

Thanks for the chance to interact.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rob331 said:

Ok the cap - we start with $41.9M. (alll my info comes from overthecap.com

• Kelce is cut/retires post June 1 and it actually saves us $1.5M - $43.4
  • Maddox is cut post June 1 saving another $7.1M - $50.5
  • Cox walking cost us $8.6 against the cap - I'd extimate $10M if he stays. So he goes which leaves us $41.9 (Back whare we started)
  • Notice I DID'T include Bradberry - costs us $4.3 to keep him and $10.8 to let him go. (you only get 2 post June 1 moves and we've already used them on Kelce and Maddox. 
  • Resigning our own - figure $3-4M each for Opeta and Driscoll (I had $5M each on an earlier post but the feedback was that was too high). So $7M for them leaves $34.9M. Personally I'd only resign 1 on them and go with Toth or a draft pick
  • Reddick figure an extra $10M , with some Howie magic making it about $5M extra this year. now we're at $29.9
  • Lovato and Mann figure $2M each - $25.5M
  • Restructuring Dickerson, Williams, and Smith won't save a whole lot since they're on their cheap rookie deals. Let's call it $4.5M - making our spend number $30M
  • I THINK THAT PLENTY FOR YOUR FREE AGENT LIST OF CGJ, ALSHAAIR, BROOKS, MOSS AND MOONEY - good job. 

Back of the draft - 

• I like Lloyd but if Laube is there he'd be my guy
  • Substiture Wiley for Holker
  • I'm ok with Pratt but I'd prefer Milton or Hartman
  • Wouldn't gofor a DT - the roster will be Davis, Carter, Williams, Tuipolotu, and Ojomo with Booker or Elliss on the practice squad. So- since we lose Quez, Julio, and probably Oz it would be a wide receiver - Luke McCafferty would be my guy. 

Thanks for the chance to interact.

Nice breakdown!

I think Lloyds game translates to some lesser version of Swift. With Moss being signed in this scenario, I think we run a RBBC under Kellen Moore using those two.

I like Pratt because he can throw out of the pocket. Milton has a cannon for an arm and is pretty good from the pocket, but draft analysis says he’s a statue.

I can get behind that logic of swapping Randolph for a WR.

Thanks for chiming in

44 minutes ago, Cheesteakitis said:

I think for this trade to happen it would need to happen before draft day.. they aren’t usually day one trades involving players on draft day. 
I like the idea of the trade but think the compensation is pretty homerish. last years trade between Jax and Buf  is listed below and that’s just to move up two spots behind where we pick. Factoring in that next years pick is usually rated a round lower then current picks you offered the same deal plus slay but expect to move up 11 spots. 

jax.png&h=110&w=110buf.png&h=110&w=110

JAX trades No. 25 to BUF to No. 27

Date: April 27, 2023

The Jacksonville Jaguars continued to trade down, trading the No. 25 pick they had just received from the New York Giants to the Buffalo Bills for the Bills' first-round pick (No. 27) and fourth-round pick (No. 130). 

I also don’t think Kingsley will be around at #53 but would love to draft him. 

I’d imagine Slay would theoretically net us a 3rd rd pick straight up, so the value of a 1st round swap and 2x 3rd rd picks I believe is enough ammo to get the deal done. But nice reference for check-and-balance.

There’s a lot of talent on both sides of the trenches this draft, so I anticipate one of them to fall. You could replace him with another 8 RT prospect and I’d be happy.

1 hour ago, leftcoastnest said:

Nice breakdown!

I think Lloyds game translates to some lesser version of Swift. With Moss being signed in this scenario, I think we run a RBBC under Kellen Moore using those two.

I like Pratt because he can throw out of the pocket. Milton has a cannon for an arm and is pretty good from the pocket, but draft analysis says he’s a statue.

I can get behind that logic of swapping Randolph for a WR.

Thanks for chiming in

Milton was in my first mock and I think I’ll probably keep him here is video from combine https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJYkocPoJbw

9 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

Milton was in my first mock and I think I’ll probably keep him here is video from combine https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bJYkocPoJbw

Good looking player.

I like the top of the draft a lot.  Unfortunately, FO has shied away from corners in the first round, so I don't know if I am buying a trade up the board to draft a corner in the first from this organization.