Joe Milton III (QB, Tennessee) -- DRAFTED BY NEW ENGLAND #193

Procus

This guy's a late round pick ala Jordan Mailata.  If he's still around in the 6th round, you burn a pick on him and let him ride the bench for 2 years or more.  Measurables (6'5", 230 lbs) and physical abilities (popped off 70 yard bomb at combine) are off the charts. Downside - 23 years old.   Give him time to grow quietly into an NFL quarterback, and you may have a 25 year old monster on your hands.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2024-nfl-combine-tennessees-joe-milton-shows-off-arm-with-70-yard-bomb-during-on-field-drills/

2024 NFL Combine: Tennessee's Joe Milton shows off arm with 70-yard bomb during on-field drills

Hell use one of those 4 5ths on this guy bring him into the factory!!

On 3/3/2024 at 11:09 PM, Procus said:

This guy's a late round pick ala Jordan Mailata.  If he's still around in the 6th round,

Over and over again you guys are speaking of selecting a guy in a round that the Eagles don't have, they don't have a 6th at this time, currently they're done selecting players after those 5ths.

3 hours ago, EagleVA said:

Over and over again you guys are speaking of selecting a guy in a round that the Eagles don't have, they don't have a 6th at this time, currently they're done selecting players after those 5ths.

So I guess compensatory picks don't count

https://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/news/philadelphia-eagles-2024-nfl-draft-picks

image.thumb.png.3b020c5823057ac6c469ee51fa75696f.png

5 hours ago, EagleVA said:

No they count but I've viewed the 2024 picks numerous times and this is first time I've seen a 6th.

It was rumored we had 3 5th comp picks for a long time I also thought that was the case till the other day when they were announced and the last one was a 6th. That being said I would have no problem selecting Milton with one of those 5th given the chance we have done worse. If he is there in the 6th better make it happen!

• Like 1

On 3/10/2024 at 10:03 AM, Cheesteakitis said:

It was rumored we had 3 5th comp picks for a long time I also thought that was the case till the other day when they were announced and the last one was a 6th. That being said I would have no problem selecting Milton with one of those 5th given the chance we have done worse. If he is there in the 6th better make it happen!

Gotcha, because I looked several times and they didn't have a pick after the 5th alo, that 3rd round pick is the last comp pick in the 3rd so for all intent and purposes I look at is we don't have a 3rd round pick but have the 1st pick in the 4th.

I would say Milton’s odds just went down unless we are going full qb factory.

On 3/11/2024 at 2:38 PM, EagleVA said:

Gotcha, because I looked several times and they didn't have a pick after the 5th alo, that 3rd round pick is the last comp pick in the 3rd so for all intent and purposes I look at is we don't have a 3rd round pick but have the 1st pick in the 4th.

lol ... the optimist says "we have the 1st pick in the 4th rd I see it as the last pick in the 3rd rd" while the pessimist says "we have the last pick in the 3rd rd I see it as the 1st pick in the 4th rd" :lol:

Anyway even when we had pick 97 (which then got corrected to 98 because of the NFL comp pick formula mistakenly screwing Cincinnati) there were still picks through 100 in the 3rd rd. so it wasn't the last pick in the 3rd.

3 hours ago, time2rock said:

lol ... the optimist says "we have the 1st pick in the 4th rd I see it as the last pick in the 3rd rd" while the pessimist says "we have the last pick in the 3rd rd I see it as the 1st pick in the 4th rd" :lol:

Anyway even when we had pick 97 (which then got corrected to 98 because of the NFL comp pick formula mistakenly screwing Cincinnati) there were still picks through 100 in the 3rd rd. so it wasn't the last pick in the 3rd.

It was the last comp pick of the 3rd round, no worries, Howie swapped that pick for the Steelers 4th as part of the Pickett trade.

4 minutes ago, EagleVA said:

It was the last comp pick of the 3rd round, no worries, Howie swapped that pick for the Steelers 4th as part of the Pickett trade.

It was not the last.  There are more picks in the 3rd after what was our comp pick.  

2 hours ago, time2rock said:

It was not the last.  There are more picks in the 3rd after what was our comp pick.  

It was the last when I last looked, apparently the picks weren't official, see my reply to Cheesesteak 4 posts above. 

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Cheesteakitis said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/2aPQQHqDebtHp6GY/?mibextid=WC7FNe

hopefully the qbs we have added don’t keep us from adding a qb late in the draft if they are the best player.

I think it definitely will keep us from drafting one but will still bring in maybe one UDFA QB just for camp.

6 hours ago, Breeze 44 said:

I think it definitely will keep us from drafting one but will still bring in maybe one UDFA QB just for camp.

We already have four QB's on the roster.  This guy Milton has measurables off the charts.  He's worth a flyer as a developmental prospect.

I read somewhere that the Browns had him in for a top 30 visit.  I don't think he gets past the third round.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...