Warrior - Netflix

The_Omega

Started on Cinemax, now on Netflix. Based on an idea for a show Bruce Lee had, it’s about the Chinese crime family wars in San Francisco during the late 1800’s. Violence, gore, hot nudie chicks of all colors. If you haven’t watched it, do it. HE will be administering quizzes after each season.

• Haha 1

Block off some time HE, because, I’m telling you, once you get to ep.3 of season 2, you aren’t going to want to quit watching. Holy crap.

Alright, I'm going to say it, HE was right, this is one of, if not, the best show on Netflix right now.  Season 1 was really good, but now season 2 has gone deeper on the broader story of Chinatown and SF and catapulted the show into greatness. If you're thinking this is a kung fu show, you're not exactly wrong, but you couldn't be further from the truth. This show is kung fu Breaking Bad. Tight story with many intertwined threads.  And your wives will love it too (no they won't, not even a little bit).

4 minutes ago, Mike030270 said:

This was canceled 

Max cancelled it then sold it to Netflix.  There's hope they'll bring it back, but it's uncertain. I'll hold you personally responsible if they decide not to bring it back because you didn't watch it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, The_Omega said:

Max cancelled it then sold it to Netflix.  There's hope they'll bring it back, but it's uncertain. I'll hold you personally responsible if they decide not to bring it back because you didn't watch it.

I actually recently started it up and I'm on season 2 episode 6 but also recently learned that it was canceled lol so I'm deciding on if I want to finish it

3 hours ago, Mike030270 said:

I actually recently started it up and I'm on season 2 episode 6 but also recently learned that it was canceled lol so I'm deciding on if I want to finish it

Canceled or not 

image.gif.b8265acdee8a6b49ad3554b9063056d1.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, The_Omega said:

Alright, I'm going to say it, HE was right, this is one of, if not, the best show on Netflix right now.  Season 1 was really good, but now season 2 has gone deeper on the broader story of Chinatown and SF and catapulted the show into greatness. If you're thinking this is a kung fu show, you're not exactly wrong, but you couldn't be further from the truth. This show is kung fu Breaking Bad. Tight story with many intertwined threads.  And your wives will love it too (no they won't, not even a little bit).

My wife is watching it with me and really enjoying it.  Kung fu and boobs isn't what makes shows appeal to her.  So the fact that she's also in to it means there's a lot more than just those things to like. 

It's awesome.  Really really good. 

What was Cinemax thinking discontinuing this show?

1 episode to go. S 3 ep 9, Leary unleashed, holy ish.  Season 2 was F’ing amazing, but I just wasn’t feeling season 3. Not sure exactly when it happened but, somewhere along the way, season 3 became pretty amazing too. Unfortunately, the way It’s set up, things are going to go very wrong for at least some of our protagonists.  On a side note, it’s really inspiring how tolerant and accepting 19th century Chinese gangsters were.

1 hour ago, The_Omega said:

1 episode to go. S 3 ep 9, Leary unleashed, holy ish.  Season 2 was F’ing amazing, but I just wasn’t feeling season 3. Not sure exactly when it happened but, somewhere along the way, season 3 became pretty amazing too. Unfortunately, the way It’s set up, things are going to go very wrong for at least some of our protagonists.  On a side note, it’s really inspiring how tolerant and accepting 19th century Chinese gangsters were.

I left off on season 2 where the boys have some splainin to do to Father Jun. Think we will be watching at least 1 more episode tonight.

Damn, to call the end of season 3 apocalyptic would be an understatement. If that really is the end it would be an unforgivable tragedy.

The action at the end of season 2 was amazing!

Through episode 1 of season 3. Theyre still introducing brand new story lines here with the next tong leader, the political party forming, and pretty new in the one with Ah Toy still developing.

I cant see how this all wraps up. I still have no idea where its all headed.

Dont want season 3 to be the last. This is so damn good.