Another Busy Day

time2rock

Another Busy Day

Posted: March 12th, 2024 | Author: Tommy Lawlor

The bad finish to the 2023 season has sparked the Eagles to be very active in this offseason. Howie Roseman clearly wasn’t going to sit back and hope for help. He’s been very aggressive in trying to improve the roster so the team can get back to being a contender.
image.thumb.png.b6a36fccb489c78b8ef8b6c10a67599c.png
image.png.f7e70b0f4b13822405d08ce3c69be855.png
image.png.17f048562be1189551f1458dfe90b887.png
image.png.ce76696dd289b84c5bf2f5debcfcc441.png
Another busy day.

CJGJ never wanted to leave Philly. He did want a big deal. That didn’t happen last year so he went to the Lions on a one-year contract. Injuries sidelined him for most of the year, but he’s healthy now and coming back to the City of Brotherly Love.

He will give the Eagles the playmaker they need on the backend of the defense. The defense struggled to come up with takeaways last year after doing well in that area back in 2022. CJGJ gives them a versatile DB with playmaking ability and a nose for the ball. I was interested in Justin Simmons, but CJGJ is younger. I like the focus on adding younger players this offseason. Build for a two to three year run, not just 2024.

CJGJ could play nickel or safety. I’m projecting him at safety since that is what he played here in 2022. His versatility is another of his selling points. Vic Fangio can be creative with him.

The other benefit with CJGJ is the edge he brings. He’s a fiery, emotional player. He loves to talk trash. That part of him was certainly missing last year as the defense was softer than Charmin. CJGJ’s attitude will be a welcome addition to the Eagles defense.

Parker comes to Philly to compete for the #3 receiver job. He peaked in 2019, but now is a 30-catch guy with good size. Think of him as a younger, less talented version of Julio Jones. Parker will have to earn his roster spot. There is no guarantee of that, but this will be the best QB he’s played with in a while. This will be the best offense he’s been on in a while. That could spark him to play better. Still, he’s just a #3 type at this point.

I think the Eagles will spend a draft pick on a receiver so there will be competition. Parker won’t be handed anything.

Extending Mann and Lovato was smart. Mann is a player on the rise and Lovato is rock solid.

Matt Hennessy is an interesting addition. The Eagles have a solid set of projected starters on the OL.

Mailata – Dickerson – Jurgens – Steen – Johnson

They needed depth. Hennessy gives them someone who can play C or G. He also is the kind of blocker the Eagles like…a good athlete.

image.png.a58bb55ce1e3552c938cb9c62ce9c015.png

The Eagles are doing a lot of research on OG prospects in the upcoming draft and that could be a position they target. Hennessy gives them a player who has some experience and can play right away.

The Eagles aren’t done.

image.png.33cb194bf5d5217962e73ea3799a8332.png

We know they need a LB. The top guys are gone, but there are still some interesting choices left.

Other rumors:

• Eagles makes sense as a trade partner for Justin Fields
  • Eagles could trade for a CB
  • Easton Stick could make sense as backup QB

Fields is mainly speculation at this point. He is young and talented so I’d be fine with taking a chance on him as the backup. He was a dynamic runner in Chicago.

I figured the Eagles would draft a CB high (and they still can). They might want someone who can be plugged into the lineup and play right away.

Stick played for Kellen Moore last year so he would be a fit from that perspective. He’s hardly ideal, but the price would certainly be right.

Marcus Mariota signed with Washington.

LB Nick Morrow signed with Buffalo.

http://igglesblitz.com/2024/03/another-busy-day-2/

Steen is not a solid starter.  I would expect a RG to be taken with one of the 2nd round picks or after we trade down into the 3rd round

If Parker makes the team he'll be the 4th WR and will have 10 receptions for the season