Eagles Sign a LB

time2rock

Eagles Sign a LB

Posted: March 15th, 2024 | Author: Tommy Lawlor

The Eagles linebackers were arguably the worst in the league last year. On Thursday they finally did something about that.

image.png.c1b94340c170d8bdc1660a3aea791c84.png

White got off to a great start in Tampa, but things didn’t finish great and they let him walk in free agency. The Eagles are taking a chance in signing White, but they’re taking a chance on a talented player who is still in his prime. There are a lot worse ideas.

White is a MLB, which means that Nakobe Dean will play WLB this year. White can blitz, cover and he’s a tackling machine. Ability isn’t the issue. I need to study some tape of White to understand what his issues are. It sounds like discipline and consistency are areas that need improvement.

The Eagles would love to have good LB play this year. I think they would settle for good enough. White might be able to give them that.

Vic Fangio has had some great LBs over the years. Maybe he is the coach to bring out the best in White. At the very least, White will be better than Nick Morrow and the gang from 2023.

I still expect them to address the position in the draft. They need depth and players for the future.

image.png.f4159cdcbfeb65d39e5aba62cfeddfa8.png

Cooper is a great athlete and really talented player. He will probably be a 2nd round pick.

The best kicker in the NFC will be sticking around for a while.

image.thumb.png.3c1389d111afae4efe067afb71ce1009.png

Elliott is the best clutch kicker in the league.

The end of an era.

image.thumb.png.1092caa07e9065f2dfa011d720a8bf10.png

It will be interesting to see what the Eagles do at TE. Will they sign a free agent or draft someone? They have Grant Calcaterra and Albert O on the roster for now.

http://igglesblitz.com/2024/03/eagles-sign-a-lb/

Grant and Albert can't block. It might be time to draft Goddard's replacement. 

What's left - 

WR3 - Hunter Renfrow

Corner - JC Jackson

QB2 - he's here QB3 draft or undrafted FA

OL - depends on Opeat and Driscoll

Trade Reddick or Sweat but not both

Draft - 

• 1 - CB/S  Cooper DeJean
  • 2 - LB Edgerrin Cooper
  • 2 - OL (G if Opeta goes and T if Driscoll goes)
  • 2 - from Sweat or Reddick trade) - RB Will Shipley
  • 3 - S Kamren Kinchens (big fall after terrible 40 at combine
  • 4 - from Sweat or Reddick trade) TE - Jared Wiley
  • 5, 5, 5, 6 - OL QB, WR, DT

19 hours ago, Rob331 said:

What's left - 

WR3 - Hunter Renfrow    (they just signed Parker - I'd liked to see us use a draft pick on someone to compete for that WR3 spot)

Corner - JC Jackson

QB2 - he's here QB3 draft or undrafted FA    (already on the roster ... Tanner McKee)

OL - depends on Opeat and Driscoll     (Opeta signed with TB)

Trade Reddick or Sweat but not both    (Sweat is back on a restructured contract)

Draft - 

• 1 - CB/S  Cooper DeJean
  • 2 - LB Edgerrin Cooper
  • 2 - OL (G if Opeta goes and T if Driscoll goes)
  • 2 - from Sweat or Reddick trade) - RB Will Shipley
  • 3 - S Kamren Kinchens (big fall after terrible 40 at combine
  • 4 - from Sweat or Reddick trade) TE - Jared Wiley
  • 5, 5, 5, 6 - OL QB, WR, DT

On 3/16/2024 at 7:03 AM, time2rock said:

WR3 - Hunter Renfrow    (they just signed Parker - I'd liked to see us use a draft pick on someone to compete for that WR3 spot)

I hope they draft a wideout also. Parker is a stop gap at best and if they get a good one in the draft Parker doesn't make the team. 

QB2 - he's here QB3 draft or undrafted FA    (already on the roster ... Tanner McKee)

OBE my friend - Kenny Pickett is the #2

OL - depends on Opeat and Driscoll     (Opeta signed with TB)

So if Driscoll stays we'll have lost 2 (Kelce and Opeta) and gained 1 (Hennessey). We'll need one in the draft and I'll have a coniption if they use their #1. If Driscoll signs elsewhere we'll need 2. Still one in the draft and probably an UFA

Trade Reddick or Sweat but not both    (Sweat is back on a restructured contract)

Yep - I was OBE also. I don't think they'll get much fro Reddick. I was hoping for a 2, but I don't think that's in the cards. With Chase Young out there and his price declining every day I don't think teams are going to pay Reddick almost 3 times what they can get young for and give up a prime draft pick. Maybe they get a 4. 

Thanks for the feedback.