Lee Kpogba (LB, West Virginia) - 2024 Draft

EagleVA

So I'm doing my YouTube scouting and came across Kpogba, I was surprised he's never mentioned in the top LBs but I haven't seen a more versatile LB prospect, he sounds like the 1st #2 to me.

2024 Highlights

Here's what I read about him

Lee Kpogba is a dynamic and tenacious linebacker out of West Virginia University, known for his versatility, instincts, and relentless pursuit of the ball carrier. Standing at 6’2″ and weighing 235 pounds, Kpogba possesses the ideal physical traits for an NFL linebacker, coupled with a high football IQ and exceptional athleticism.

Instincts and Awareness: Kpogba has a natural feel for the game, consistently diagnosing plays quickly and reacting with precision. His ability to read the offense’s intentions allows him to consistently be around the ball, disrupting plays and making impactful tackles.

Versatility: Whether it’s stopping the run, dropping into coverage, or rushing the passer, Kpogba excels in various aspects of the game. His versatility makes him a valuable asset for defensive coordinators, capable of fulfilling multiple roles within different defensive schemes.

Tackling and Physicality: Kpogba is a sure tackler with a knack for delivering punishing blows. He displays excellent form and technique, consistently wrapping up ball carriers and driving through tackles with authority. His physicality sets the tone for the defense and instills fear in opposing offenses.

Leadership: As a vocal leader on and off the field, Kpogba commands respect from his teammates through his work ethic, dedication, and passion for the game. He leads by example and motivates those around him to elevate their performance.